Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video that starts it all

https://youtu.be/BoloOloXOAY
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Seems to be in the Stevens Lake area, Idaho. But that is only the video. Not the treasure. We found the waterfall as well.
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

https://www.thetumblebearlode.com

If you purchase the map, take a screen shot, you only get one glimpse per purchase.

Comment

Bill Murray
        New York New York

Mines Bear by (will place references soon

Comment

1. All of the active claims in the area are “Lode” claims owned by “Silver Opportunity Partnership, LLC”
          2. There are no active claims over/around the lakes (appears they may no longer be claimable)—there are old expired claims
          3. There are 42 active lode claims between the lakes and the trailhead (silver is a primary or secondary commodity in most)
          4. There doesn’t appear to be any active placer claims in the same area
          5. Maintenance fees appear to have been paid this year (expired 1 Sep) so they will remain active

It’s possible the person was/is employed by this group to check out the claims and mines in this area and it may be how he became so familiar with it. Although only one mine is shown near the trail, there are at least three fairly significant old mines in the area.

Since there are no active placer/lode mines around the lakes, there would be no concern with hiding a treasure there (although it’s obviously not a “natural” mineral resource). There should also be no issues with using a metal detector since it’s in a National Forest.

Interesting to note it’s also along the border of two States (Idaho/Montana) and two National Forests (Coeur d’Alene and LoLo). The treasure could be hidden in either.

Comment

https://westernmininghistory.com/tow...ho/black-bear/

Comment

Hello and thankyou for your kind words. I viewed your youtube channel and it is quite impressive in both content and quality. I now have more respect for such things given my first foray into the internet.

To answer your first question my original intention was to make the map update automatically with php, but I was not very efficient with php and given my work can take me to remote locations I did not trust my programming skills to hold the fort down in my absence. Therefore I opted for manual control and update the map every one to two weeks depending on traffic.

The Lolo Hotsprings video is of no relation. I simply have been camera shy and am coming out of my shell and turns out I enjoy showing people how and where to go out and look for cool and unique things so that they may have a great time as well.

As for the last question, this is the by far the most asked question I get. When I made the video I had to take into account integrity and fairness of this hunt so that all may have a fair chance. Elements of the video are from the larger general area of the map but not specific to the treasure itself. The video does provide a general more regional clue though encompassing the same area as the map.

Unfortunately finding time to appear on your show would be difficult mostly because of my work. I will say a quick bit about myself though. I'm 42 and work as a mine planner for a silver mining company. I built this hunt because I genuinely enjoyed doing it. I hope it encourages people to get out and explore. Not just for this but also in their own backyard. So many of us stay inside on the weekends wondering what to do when the answer is all around us.

Thanks again for your interest and I will definitely be tuning in on your channel on a regular basis. I wish I had known about it when I was eating, breathing and sleeping Forest Fenn God rest his soul.

Take care.

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 5:40 PM <[email protected]> wrote:
              We are working on your hunt and purchased. Your video is pretty damned cool! Wanted to ask a few things:

1. Can you tell us how often the map is updated, we did purchase but wanted to continue to purchase as it is updated?
              2. Does the Lolo video relate to the treasure hunt?
              3. You said knowing the area in the video does not help you, but it seems the treasure is in the area in its location. So we are confused? Any clarification would be great!
              We have a you tube show and talk all things treasure hunting. Cowlazars is the name of the you tube. We worked on the Forrest Fenn hunt and now have a community of people who love adventures as these. We welcome you to come on the show or any message you want to get out to everyone. This is great!
              Thanks for the adventure!
              Kristie and Mike (Kpro and Cowlazars)

Comment

Murray Idaho is near by (Bill Murray)

Comment

New York Mine is near by

Comment

Thanks for sharing this info kpro!

I think I'll work on this one. I live about an hour away and have passed through this area many times in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                      Thanks for sharing this info kpro!

I think I'll work on this one. I live about an hour away and have passed through this area many times in recent years.
                      Then watch last nights show and tonight’s, we have cracked a good portion of the hints so far!!

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post

Then watch last nights show and tonight’s, we have cracked a good portion of the hints so far!!
                        I watched some of last night's show and will catch up with the rest in the next day or two.

My initial take: I know the area and it's definitely Upper Stevens and Lower Stevens, etc. Murray Peak and the town of Murray are north of I-90, so those might not be specific hints. But I don't yet know what the elongated infinity sign might be, nor what the clock references, and I can make out a bit more of the text than I've seen/heard discussed, but I would bet that we need more of it in order to narrow down the exact location.

I just hope we get enough before snow falls -- but too much smoke in the air now, so I probably wouldn't go for a couple of weeks anyway.

Comment

I watched some of last night's show and will catch up with the rest in the next day or two.

My initial take: I know the area and it's definitely Upper Stevens and Lower Stevens, etc. Murray Peak and the town of Murray are north of I-90, so those might not be specific hints. But I don't yet know what the elongated infinity sign might be, nor what the clock references, and I can make out a bit more of the text than I've seen/heard discussed, but I would bet that we need more of it in order to narrow down the exact location.

I just hope we get enough before snow falls -- but too much smoke in the air now, so I probably wouldn't go for a couple of weeks anyway.
                          I asked him about snow fall and if we have enough to go BOTG. Safety first,

There is more we have, I will post more here, zoom has been going for about 2 hours. It is awesome all the little tid bits.

Comment

Now I know, thanks to someone on MW: the symbol is an analemma.

It might help with the longitude. . . ?

Comment

Now I know, thanks to someone on MW: the symbol is an analemma.

It might help with the longitude. . . ?
                              Yeah we got that in zoom in Saturday . Sunday we called amalamadingdong.

we took about an hour to discuss what it could mean with the clock handles.

Comment

Working...
                              X