Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Big Easy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Big Easy

    One of my favorite places to go. I can't wait to spend some time there and enjoy some treasure hunting. I have not been able to do a site survey on this one yet. I know the area, but I am not sure what the vegetation looks like at this time. If I am not mistaken, this one seems to be the easiest of the secret hunts. A plan is in the works to unearth the NOLA casque! Yes I know some of you are saying this guy must be crazy. I would never join any forum or chat just for the fun of it. I announced that I plan to go city to city and find the rest. This week is the week that I go get Houston out of the ground. It is hard to convince park people I will tell you that. As for NOLA? Come on, there is no other place to bury something cool than this location.

  • #2
    This one was found but it was destroyed. But wherever you’re digging, I’m just sayin, when Katrina came through a lot of corpses were moved around lol a guy that gave me a tour of Armstrong park told me about that. Kinda creepy honestly

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes Katrina did a lot of damage. Fortunately this location only had some flooding and did not change much. Being below sea level did make it a nasty soup bowl of mess. In my opinion I don't even know why they attempted to dig at the location where he probed with the camera. It is good to have some trial and error though. Filling in rabbit holes is part of being a treasure hunter. I recommend not going in too deep and coming back with fresh eyes. The clues for NOLA are also similar to Houston. I found that interesting and it was helpful.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dezxman17 View Post
        Yes Katrina did a lot of damage. Fortunately this location only had some flooding and did not change much. Being below sea level did make it a nasty soup bowl of mess. In my opinion I don't even know why they attempted to dig at the location where he probed with the camera. It is good to have some trial and error though. Filling in rabbit holes is part of being a treasure hunter. I recommend not going in too deep and coming back with fresh eyes. The clues for NOLA are also similar to Houston. I found that interesting and it was helpful.
        Absolutely.... He was in the wrong location.....

        Comment


        • #5
          A little hint. One thing I noticed that helped me with this one. West is north. So looking at the art, the top of the page is west, and you know where to go from there.

          Comment


          • #6
            I should have been a little clearer with that hint. This applies to many of the important clues in the art, and not the entire portrait. He divides the art up into sections for different perspective.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Dezxman17 View Post
              A little hint. One thing I noticed that helped me with this one. West is north. So looking at the art, the top of the page is west, and you know where to go from there.
              I'm sorry Dez.... that is not totally correct..... Close but incorrect.... If you will notice the word Preservation at the top of the clock.... The word is not centered above on the clock.... The V is in the middle therefore there are six letters to the right of "V" and only 5 to the left of it. Most feel that the word Preservation that is in the painting must correlate directly with the historic Preservation Hall in the French Quarters.....It might, but, this word is misaligned because the "N" is actually your North compass heading from the central point on the clock.... Smack dab through the middle of the "N"

              Once you have recognized this..... There is absolutely no way you could mistake this for anything other Armstrong Park..... The moon in the picture is not the Superdome so throw away any solve that thinks it is.... Imeverybodynow
              Last edited by Coinaster; 08-06-2020, 12:48 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                You have a valid point there. But look at the little white spot above the V, that is the sunset. There should be a shadow there. Also there doesn't seem to be a black box indicating where 12 is centered. This clue isn't for the entire portrait, just for many of the important clues. I think he shifted it to the left so we would notice the seven in the box next to the right arrow. I think the moon has more than one meaning. As stated in the book about clues coming in twos.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have decided to give my solve away for New Orleans. I really think my solve will be convincing, and I hope someone has some luck. I can't travel at the moment, and I am very fortunate to still have my job. I imagine there are many people that could use some excitement. On Monday morning I will post my solve and provide some info to show how I reached my conclusion. This is not going to be a poem or a riddle, it is going to be straight forward with measurements and what I think is the exact location. I honestly would enjoy the success of another treasure hunter. All I ask is that you give some credit for the find to Dez the X man. I am hoping this will convince someone to let me unearth the Houston casque. Please, please, mention that I provided the solve. This is the only reason I am doing this. Also If the finder is so gracious, I would love to have one or the other, the gem or the casque. You don't have too, but I would really appreciate it. So you have until Monday to plan your trip or get ready. I think only a handful of hunters will bite. The best chance you have is to be in New Orleans Monday morning. I will post somewhere around 9am. Yes, I might have it wrong, but I am sending you to a wonderful place you will enjoy. I have no authority to give any permission. Please have respect for nature and put everything back the way it was. The first person there gets first dibs on breaking ground. Please have some respect my favorite word. This will be fun! Believe it or not............

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Dezxman17 View Post
                    I have decided to give my solve away for New Orleans. I really think my solve will be convincing, and I hope someone has some luck. I can't travel at the moment, and I am very fortunate to still have my job. I imagine there are many people that could use some excitement. On Monday morning I will post my solve and provide some info to show how I reached my conclusion. This is not going to be a poem or a riddle, it is going to be straight forward with measurements and what I think is the exact location. I honestly would enjoy the success of another treasure hunter. All I ask is that you give some credit for the find to Dez the X man. I am hoping this will convince someone to let me unearth the Houston casque. Please, please, mention that I provided the solve. This is the only reason I am doing this. Also If the finder is so gracious, I would love to have one or the other, the gem or the casque. You don't have too, but I would really appreciate it. So you have until Monday to plan your trip or get ready. I think only a handful of hunters will bite. The best chance you have is to be in New Orleans Monday morning. I will post somewhere around 9am. Yes, I might have it wrong, but I am sending you to a wonderful place you will enjoy. I have no authority to give any permission. Please have respect for nature and put everything back the way it was. The first person there gets first dibs on breaking ground. Please have some respect my favorite word. This will be fun! Believe it or not............
                    Bring it on..... Anything is appreciated! Also does it have anything to do with Armstrong Park?
                    I mean this picture is pretty convincing don't you think!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Actual Light.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	185831
                    This is looking south..... It just might be that your west perspective works well with where this is in the Park

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ok one clue and no more till Monday. No, not Armstrong. When I show you I think you will agree.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Dezxman17 View Post
                        Ok one clue and no more till Monday. No, not Armstrong. When I show you I think you will agree.
                        Thanks.... I can't wait!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X