Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ruby

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    This is one thing I love about this treasure hunt. The fact that you learn so much history about each city that we did not know. There is one person that I have noticed, who is very close to the spot. This location is a bit complicated, but very doable. There is also no way to dig it up without being noticed. So get ready to explain and or have solid information to convince the authority. If you know where it is, you do not have much time. Also it is in a place where nothing will be damaged except the ground. There are some extra trees that were not there when it was buried. All the rain we are having is going to soften the ground up reel nice. These are the final clues I can give. Clock is ticking. Go get it!

    Comment


    • #47
      I am having trouble getting permission to dig at the park. There have been so many people trying to dig. I think they have decided to just say no to everyone. I am waiting for one more e-mail response to see where this goes. I am trying to do this the right way, and I don't see any harm in one hole. There has got to be a way. Any suggestions would be nice.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Dezxman17 View Post
        I am having trouble getting permission to dig at the park. There have been so many people trying to dig. I think they have decided to just say no to everyone. I am waiting for one more e-mail response to see where this goes. I am trying to do this the right way, and I don't see any harm in one hole. There has got to be a way. Any suggestions would be nice.
        I figure unless you have an organization such as BLM backing you that you will be denied.... My plan is to take construction cones, vests, a pole and sign and a fake installation order to place the sign.... and see how far I got! Dig Tess line locate and orange marking paint in advance is always a great thing....

        Comment


        • #49
          Yeah I was planning on wearing some type of vest and trying to look like a city worker. Maybe that will hold off the dogs long enough. I think cones definitely. I do think I only get a warning citation the first time I am caught. Once the GPR locates the exact spot there will be no holding back. It is a nice shady spot too, I thought about having a picnic there and just slowly pick away at the hole. Thanks for the ideas.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Dezxman17 View Post
            Yeah I was planning on wearing some type of vest and trying to look like a city worker. Maybe that will hold off the dogs long enough. I think cones definitely. I do think I only get a warning citation the first time I am caught. Once the GPR locates the exact spot there will be no holding back. It is a nice shady spot too, I thought about having a picnic there and just slowly pick away at the hole. Thanks for the ideas.
            Do you have a probe stick? You can search somewhat without digging..
            Last edited by Coinaster; 07-29-2020, 08:36 AM.

            Comment


            • #51
              Yes I have one but I would like a better one for Texas soil. I usually always have to hammer it in. Hoping I won't need one with GPR. We should be able to go right to the spot. Thinking of having a metal fab shop make me a really good one.

              Comment


              • #52
                Getting back to how this puppy is solved I mentioned triangulation as how one would solve the puzzle based on reference to slave trade and Freddie Mercury's birth place.... If you will zoom in on the area to the right and down from the barred 8th note.... You will find the math formula 4*cos w-f..... Here look:
                Click image for larger version  Name:	4xcosw-f.JPG Views:	0 Size:	6.3 KB ID:	183333
                I enhanced the original to bring out the detail... Well Absolutely we are talking triangles and geometry or even trigonometry... Cosine using Hypotenuse and the Adjacent side should do the trick.... Find the angle and off I go! Next step.... Determine the correct numerical values to solve.... So in theory I have felt that the hypotenuse is the Water Fountain to the Friendship Pavilion..... It is hard to figure this measurement because the Friendship Pavilion has been moved..... You have to research old photos and inaccurate areal pics..... A daunting task.... The best I can do is 2090 feet.... But I have not been able to determine the Adjacent side...... This is becoming way over my head..... What does the verse tell me to do?

                Who out there is a math wiz?
                Last edited by Coinaster; 07-29-2020, 03:41 PM.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Coinaster View Post
                  Getting back to how this puppy is solved I mentioned triangulation as how one would solve the puzzle based on reference to slave trade and Freddie Mercury's birth place.... If you will zoom in on the area to the right and down from the barred 8th note.... You will find the math formula 4*cos w-f..... Here look:
                  Click image for larger version Name:	4xcosw-f.JPG Views:	0 Size:	6.3 KB ID:	183333
                  I enhanced the original to bring out the detail... Well Absolutely we are talking triangles and geometry or even trigonometry... Cosine using Hypotenuse and the Adjacent side should do the trick.... Find the angle and off I go! Next step.... Determine the correct numerical values to solve.... So in theory I have felt that the hypotenuse is the Water Fountain to the Friendship Pavilion..... It is hard to figure this measurement because the Friendship Pavilion has been moved..... You have to research old photos and inaccurate areal pics..... A daunting task.... The best I can do is 2090 feet.... But I have not been able to determine the Adjacent side...... This is becoming way over my head..... What does the verse tell me to do?

                  Who out there is a math wiz?
                  Jesus man, you’re overthinking it. It’s really not all that complex at all. He his casques for single gems worth less than a thousand bucks a piece. I can (almost- cause he’s not alive to confirm) guarantee, that the “secret” to their locations was pretty much show whoever figured the method out, where ALL of them are. There’s no guessing, And it’s not as hard as you guys think, I promise you.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    The number 4 is a visual reference throughout. They use this in some of the other portraits also. You will see a regular four and a backwards four. this means looking at it from the opposite angle. I didn't do well in trig so I can't help you with the math. I will say that there are specific measurements to go by, so doing some math does not hurt at all. The dude was pretty smart so it would not surprise me. He measured everything!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Unfortunately the rain has delayed my dig that was going to be today. The GPR does not read well with soaked ground. Hopefully it will dry up a little in the 100 degree feels like, and we don't get any more rain. I was trying to make this a July find. Looks like next week hopefully.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Dezxman17 View Post
                        The number 4 is a visual reference throughout. They use this in some of the other portraits also. You will see a regular four and a backwards four. this means looking at it from the opposite angle. I didn't do well in trig so I can't help you with the math. I will say that there are specific measurements to go by, so doing some math does not hurt at all. The dude was pretty smart so it would not surprise me. He measured everything!
                        I did not know about the 4.... Thanks for that.... And yes.... He measured everything..... And Imeverybodynow ..... No I am not overthinking anything.... I admitted to things getting over my head.... I was trying to state what you did without admitting fault because I am on the right track... You see this brought me to the realization that I was dealing with an arc or circle and not a triangle so to speak.... To cut to the chase the info presented above is about that arc or circle.... You see he gave the exact measurement of this circles circumference.... Oh wait...... RADIUS.... 1354 feet from a certain point or perspective...... "don't lose sight of this perspective"! Ah yes.... Solution is at hand! Since that center-point is likely associated with the music symbol or the outdoor amphitheater in the park.... It will be no task to determine this circle....

                        Sorry for the rain delay.... Sounds like a choice of which poison.... The sonic locating technique works best in saturated soils and the Ground radar in dryer conditions.... Since we cannot ever predict the weather out far enough.... I will never cast blame on this... Maybe my stuff allows you to search more areas....
                        Last edited by Coinaster; 07-30-2020, 04:13 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I have been all over the place with this one, and I don't think there is one more area I can search. I am 100% sure at this point on the location. As for the comments on the value of the find, remember this value was determined in the early eighties when milk was a dollar a gallon. Gold is now closing in on 2,000 per ounce. everything is way more expensive now. The most valuable thing you can find is the ceramic casque that is pulled out of the ground. With the exception of the diamond in South Carolina. A one of a kind piece of art never owned. There are many collectors that would love to have a casque that is not damaged. There is a penny worth 1.7 million. A copper 1943 was recently found and sold a few months ago. Some of you have valuable coins in your change jar and don't know it. Don't cash them in without looking at them. A good investment now a days is to buy popular toy or trend and never open it. In twenty years it will be worth something. The first Atari game unopened is worth some good money. Value is in the eye of the beholder.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Recently I had a boots on the ground at my solve location. I am confident it is there, but some of my hope is dwindling. The problem is tree roots. I will have to damage some roots to get to it and that may get expensive. I will need permission to damage some roots to get to this one. They are not very large and I don't think it will be a big deal, but the city might see it different and they can put the price they want on it. I taped something with a probing rod. We got a faint hit with the GPR. He told me the soil was keeping it from reading well. I got a hit with the metal detector also. This was at the precise measurement I wanted to use. I started digging and it was a spider web of small roots and a few larger ones. I know I could get through them, but I did not want to damage the tree. They take trees very seriously and when allowed they document the roots that are damaged during a dig. I am not going to give up. I think I have found it. I will try to get some strings pulled. Need an Archaeologist.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              I have thought long and hard on how to get to this one. I am hoping my new idea will help me. In order to possibly get permission to pull this one up, I need to make those in charge a believer of me. Check out The Big Easy for an announcement.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X