Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The paintings by John Jude Palencar

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The paintings by John Jude Palencar

    If any of you can convince John to trade the original paintings for either the gems or casques of the remaining buried casques, I’ll let you have whatever one he doesn’t want, whether it be the casques or the gems. I want to keep the gems personally, but if given the opportunity to get those paintings I’ll jump on a plane in a quite minute to go retrieve them all.

    For those that don’t know, The Secret is the longest ongoing armchair treasure hunt out there. 3-4 casques hve been found. 3 technically, but 4 in my books. The New Orleans one was discovered, which really is a bummer because I would have LOVED to go back to the NOLA(awesome place but smells like rancid vomit and piss down bourbon street)!

  • #2
    Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post
    If any of you can convince John to trade the original paintings for either the gems or casques of the remaining buried casques, I’ll let you have whatever one he doesn’t want, whether it be the casques or the gems. I want to keep the gems personally, but if given the opportunity to get those paintings I’ll jump on a plane in a quite minute to go retrieve them all.

    For those that don’t know, The Secret is the longest ongoing armchair treasure hunt out there. 3-4 casques hve been found. 3 technically, but 4 in my books. The New Orleans one was discovered, which really is a bummer because I would have LOVED to go back to the NOLA(awesome place but smells like rancid vomit and piss down bourbon street)!
    Please post a link to news of this solve.... I cannot find confirmation.... The was one who posted his solve with pics but did not find it! Apparently there was photo evidence with a probe..... This was false news! I see where you count it solved.... It has not and has not been lost! I have exact GPS coordinates from Picture and Verse
    Last edited by Coinaster; 07-01-2020, 08:41 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think the original paintings would be the best source to really get a good look at all of the clues. The New Orleans art and verse leads you to only one place. I have not caught wind of anyone mentioning a certain location in the NOLA area. One of my favorite places to visit, and you can throw a rock in any direction to find some of the best food you will ever eat. Go to Mama's restaurant a little hole in the wall place close to Harrah's casino. I am close on this one and have it down to a small area. I can't figure out the middle of 21 clue. And yes if you are on Bourbon street at three o'clock in the morning during lent or holiday's you may run into some smells. The streets are lined with bars and and entertainment and many overindulge. Please post any info on how to get the original art if possible.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Dezxman17 View Post
        I think the original paintings would be the best source to really get a good look at all of the clues. The New Orleans art and verse leads you to only one place. I have not caught wind of anyone mentioning a certain location in the NOLA area. One of my favorite places to visit, and you can throw a rock in any direction to find some of the best food you will ever eat. Go to Mama's restaurant a little hole in the wall place close to Harrah's casino. I am close on this one and have it down to a small area. I can't figure out the middle of 21 clue. And yes if you are on Bourbon street at three o'clock in the morning during lent or holiday's you may run into some smells. The streets are lined with bars and and entertainment and many overindulge. Please post any info on how to get the original art if possible.
        21 is really simple if you are at the correct location..... Are you sure you don't want to team? What if we went after the 9 remaining and solved a lot of them? Think about it!
        Last edited by Coinaster; 07-01-2020, 10:20 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Team might be possible on this one. We will probably need a new topic for NOLA so we don't veer from the subject matter of this page.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dezxman17 View Post
            Team might be possible on this one. We will probably need a new topic for NOLA so we don't veer from the subject matter of this page.
            The Nola one was found, I promise. It was destroyed though when the city installed a sewage line.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post

              The Nola one was found, I promise. It was destroyed though when the city installed a sewage line.
              Nope, I promise... See how easy it is to make an unsubstantiated promise... Again, post the details of this find / destruction... Make your case... Or shut the ____ up... Simple enough.... provide verification unless you are too shy.... We will understand if you are too shy.... NOT
              Last edited by Coinaster; 07-09-2020, 02:40 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                After looking at the artwork a thousand times I have noticed something about them that nobody has mentioned. I really want to give this clue away, but my friends all tell me to stop giving stuff to people. Showing my cards and getting nothing for it. Think about something that was really popular in the eighties. I don't know how he was able to create the scene with all of the clues mixed in. This must have taken a long time. It is so detailed a precise, and I don't understand why it doesn't get more recognition. My only conclusion is that people don't think it is worth it because of the value. I think the publishing company should offer this artwork for sale. Large scale prints of the originals would be nice. Somebody needs to talk to their marketing team.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Great idea, Dez. The artwork makes me want to go back to 1980 times, for shore. I also want to make a VR version of the Hermann park grounds that would be exactly the layout of the era the key was hidden, so you can do AR viewing of the grounds over your POV. Could be done on VIVE/ Occulus/ MSoft HoloLens pretty easily, just need to research things to gather data for 3d rendering first. I am a developer, so I'd be interested in doing it so you'd be able to see the obelisk and statue in their correct positions, as well as a rendering of where the treelines ended at the time. It would make the new trees become filterable so you can see only the trees from the time he hid the key there.
                  Last edited by Hataska; 07-10-2020, 09:44 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    That does sound like an interesting plan. With today's technology we should be able to get some type of advantage. I started using Adobe photo shop and it helps quite a bit. If you ever put that all together let me know what you think. Thanks.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      yeah, I'm looking to start working on VR and AR apps, and Steam/Valve has made some great tools to get it going cheaply. There are also free 3d landscape rendering programs from USGS that allow you to overlay maps to create 3d terrain. The hard part is going to be to find photos of aerial services that took photos of the zoo area in that time period. They have an archive of these somewhere either at Rice or somewhere downtown in Houston. Anyway, the classic plane-shots should be sufficient to rebuild the exact RR/ long road/ monuments and pavillion in 3d to allow us to "go back there" on site.

                      Oh, yeah and we could put the fountain back to the right place, too. We should ask the park to bring back the train and fountain to their original spots for the secret fans! lol

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Coinaster View Post

                        Nope, I promise... See how easy it is to make an unsubstantiated promise... Again, post the details of this find / destruction... Make your case... Or shut the ____ up... Simple enough.... provide verification unless you are too shy.... We will understand if you are too shy.... NOT
                        12treasures.com click on New Orleans and you can officially go f___ yourself. I was trying to save you time and money, and that’s the honest truth. I wasn’t being a dick about it, but I can guarantee those guys were right 100%. But I know the secret and nobody else does, so there’s that too! Byron Preiss was shocked nobody found the other ones, he told his daughter that. There’s a secret to the solves but I’m not going to reveal what it is.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X