The Diamond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Diamond

Location: South west of Charleston, McLeod Plantation, under the big tree in the back.

Painting : Location

Charleston map: Charleston map

Lion hair: Swampy areas south west of Charleston.

Lion and plant: Mc Leod Plantation

Ø symbol on the sign in the painting: the symbols on the wall across the street from Mc Leod Plantation.

Sign on tree stripes and star: matches Mc Leod Plantation emblem on their sign.

"8" in the pixy wings: "8" in the back yard of the plantation.

Tree in the pixy wing with a circle under the tree: box located under the tree

Sign hanging on the branch: sign on the branch in the painting, is the position under the actual tree branch in which the box is located.

It took me two weeks to figure this out...

Originally posted by Abyssias View Post
    Location: South west of Charleston, McLeod Plantation, under the big tree in the back.

Painting : Location

Charleston map: Charleston map

Lion hair: Swampy areas south west of Charleston.

Lion and plant: Mc Leod Plantation

Ø symbol on the sign in the painting: the symbols on the wall across the street from Mc Leod Plantation.

Sign on tree stripes and star: matches Mc Leod Plantation emblem on their sign.

"8" in the pixy wings: "8" in the back yard of the plantation.

Tree in the pixy wing with a circle under the tree: box located under the tree

Sign hanging on the branch: sign on the branch in the painting, is the position under the actual tree branch in which the box is located.

It took me two weeks to figure this out...
    What about the poem? How does it take you there?

Comment

I didnt read the poem. I only used the painting. Can you provide me a link to the poem? I'll see if I can fit pieces.

Spent about 2 weeks on this specific stone. Because I had heard that it was the hardest to locate amongst the lot of stones, I decided to choose it because Charleston is an obvious start, given the map in the painting.

I do not have any background solve info from the book, only that there are story's in the book.

If I find the time, I will post the pictures of physical locations and objects displayed in the painting.

Based on my little general knowledge....

I am 90% sure on this solve, as a whole.

I am 99% sure it is at McCleod Plantation.
      (May show photos of "why" at a later date.)

The author was an immigrant. Who cared to show spotlight on immigration and its history.

The Mc Leod Plantation housed African Slaves. (Is visible on the map in the painting)

The Diamonds origin is Africa(I think).

The Lion and his hair seems to give off an African vibe to me.

So I feel as if I can confidently marry those places and things together, in a logical standpoint.

I am not 100% sure that it is under that specific tree. More like 50%(It's just the most prominant tree)

I am however 99% sure that it is under a tree. (May explain with photos later)

Keep in mind I've had this solve for about 4 years..
      But I've had more than plenty of time to think about it..

Last edited by Abyssias; 06-16-2020, 06:44 PM.

Comment

You have a very interesting observation of this one. This is my favorite piece of art in the hunt. Curious to know if your tree is a pine variety. It looks like a peach is hanging from the branch and I don't think the leaves on peach trees look like that. Definitely a reference to the culture of the area. Without looking into this one thoroughly I would like to make some recommendations. Is there a body of water to the east or south of your tree. The flower in the art also has three petals out of place with a short one in the middle. Just to the right of there is an X next to the longest one. Check to see if anything close to your spot has a similar features. Could be a junction of some sort or an X, it has a dot in the middle. Also by zooming in the branches seem to continue into the darkness and they look a little like some kind of palm tree. I can't wait to dig into this one. Go get it!

Comment

You sucked me into this one. Looking at this one for the first time I think you are on to something. The x I mentioned next to the flower looks like the junction of 171 and 700. Now I want to come out there and take a look. I would say go out and do a real good site survey and take lots of pictures. Then see if something looks really familiar in the art. He used many details.

Comment

Originally posted by Dezxman17 View Post
            You sucked me into this one. Looking at this one for the first time I think you are on to something. The x I mentioned next to the flower looks like the junction of 171 and 700. Now I want to come out there and take a look. I would say go out and do a real good site survey and take lots of pictures. Then see if something looks really familiar in the art. He used many details.
            It’s not on a plantation. A lot of people have been within striking distance though and didn’t realize it... pretty funny actually.

Comment

There seems to be many references to Africa. I think this is a specific clue for this solve. I would also research hanging trees in Charleston. They are usually documented and tell the location. The mask is hanging from the branch. These trees usually have a worn location on the branch where it was used. Not sure if I want to tell any more on this one because it looks very solvable. I would like to know how anyone knew they were in striking distance. Did Preiss say it wasn't on a plantation?

Comment

There seems to be many references to Africa. I think this is a specific clue for this solve. I would also research hanging trees in Charleston. They are usually documented and tell the location. The mask is hanging from the branch. These trees usually have a worn location on the branch where it was used. Not sure if I want to tell any more on this one because it looks very solvable. I would like to know how anyone knew they were in striking distance. Did Preiss say it wasn't on a plantation?
                They didn’t know, I know they were.

Comment

If you know where it is you may want to go get it. It is on the way to go visit family this summer. Charleston has a very rich history and I am enjoying this one. I can't wait to visit! Good luck!

Comment

If you know where it is you may want to go get it. It is on the way to go visit family this summer. Charleston has a very rich history and I am enjoying this one. I can't wait to visit! Good luck!

yeah, I’m on the west coast so I can’t just go out there lol.

Comment

You have one in San Francisco that hasn't been found. I saw the Expedition Unknown episode where a couple believed to have found it. I did like the their idea of the suns location at six pm on the first day of the Zodiac sign. I just don't think that would work for all of the locations. A pearl does have value especially if it is a large or rare one. The diamond should be the most valuable and is worth a trip investment if you are sure of the location. Too bad we don't have a tanzanite casque.

Comment

You have one in San Francisco that hasn't been found. I saw the Expedition Unknown episode where a couple believed to have found it. I did like the their idea of the suns location at six pm on the first day of the Zodiac sign. I just don't think that would work for all of the locations. A pearl does have value especially if it is a large or rare one. The diamond should be the most valuable and is worth a trip investment if you are sure of the location. Too bad we don't have a tanzanite casque.
                        In opposition somewhat of your post.... A true un-enhanced turquoise is more valuable than diamonds... Both depend on quality but a high quality turquoise is very rare! Most have been enhanced with plastics and epoxy....

I know where Both the San Francisco and the South Carolina are! Anybody want to Team?
                        Abyssias
                        Imeverybodynow

Last edited by Coinaster; 09-02-2020, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Coinaster here's about half of the turquoise I've recently mined in the Leadville area. It's amazing stuff. Finding a diamond would have to be a pretty neat experience too .
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	received_1461050920768846.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	681.7 KB
ID:	200380
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Jordan View Post
                            Coinaster here's about half of the turquoise I've recently mined in the Leadville area. It's amazing stuff. Finding a diamond would have to be a pretty neat experience too .
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	received_1461050920768846.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	681.7 KB
ID:	200380
                            Awesome!
                            I really like the pink and most of the smooth bluegreen above it..... Those are what I mean by quality...

Comment

Working...
                            X