Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kpro View Post
    https://dalneitzel.com/?p=17861

I will try to keep this short. I have emailed a few times already but for me, this is the most precious one. I went on my first search this weekend and cannot thank you enough. I am an out of shape, stay at home mom of 5 kids. I rarely, rarely ever leave my kids. Me, my husband and his buddy went out this weekend to search. It was so amazing having an entire, kid free day to ourselves. I conquered a couple fears in the process too! The gift of going out and feeling a part of my younger, fear free life was amazing. I used to be much more adventurous and I was the one talking my friends into adventures but once I became a mom I acquired a fear I never knew was possible. I’m so worried I will go out and somehow die and leave my children momless. I know it may sound crazy but there is a voice in my head telling me they need me more then I need to be out doing things that could take me away from them. I had such a good time and felt truly alive for the first time in over 13 years. Thank you for reminding me I am more then just a mom, but that I am a person who needs some adventure to keep me happy and alive. I found a greater treasure just in that day away then the treasure itself could have given me. I have tears in my eyes writing this because I had completely lost my adventurous side until yesterday. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Warmest reguards,
    Mary
    Great life stories, Mary be all you are, never change!

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post
      What does "closing down for the evening" mean?
      I've been re-reading a bunch of the SBs today and I read this line as someone is "closing in" on it or someone is "close." Some of the older SBs are like gold, IMO. I thought I had read all of them, but apparently not.

Comment

Originally posted by Anon Anon View Post

Funny. Creative of you.
        Come-along. Is a winch by definition.

Comment

Working...
        X