No announcement yet.

The Chest Is Buried... I Guarantee It.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chest Is Buried... I Guarantee It.

Eight/nine years, 100’s of thousands of searchers, many extremely intelligent, many not.

At this point, I have participated in quite a few arm chair treasure hunts. THE ONLY ONES that last this long are buried underground, IMO... PERIOD.

I hope you listen to my advice and happy hunting this season.

In fact, I challenge anyone to find an armchair treasure hunt that’s lasted this long that wasn’t buried underground.

mm
    Last edited by minotaur_moreno; 05-14-2019, 11:17 PM.

Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post
    Eight/nine years, 100’s of thousands of searchers, many extremely intelligent, many not.

At this point, I have participated in quite a few arm chair treasure hunts. THE ONLY ONES that last this long are buried underground, IMO... PERIOD.

In fact, I challenge anyone to find an armchair treasure hunt that’s lasted this long that wasn’t buried underground.

mm
    Searchers thinking the treasure is buried certainly makes the finding of it take longer.

Comment

MM: ask yourself why Forrest would be so adamant and consistent about equivocating on the issue? If it's buried, where's the harm in saying so? I think the reason he doesn't say is that it isn't a simple binary question. That's why he brings up related terms like entombed and sepulchered. Perhaps, like the question of whether he used any transportation aside from walking, he doesn't want to say because it would give too much away. Personally, I think the treasure is sepulchered. And more than walking was involved getting to/from his car, but not some means of transportation: no bicycle, horse, canoe, raft, elevator, cable car, ski lift or zip line.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
        And more than walking was involved getting to/from his car, but not some means of transportation: no bicycle, horse, canoe, raft, elevator, cable car, ski lift or zip line.
        Zap, this has perplexed me. What could he be talking about? Did Forrest skip back to the car? Not likely. Did he swim or wade? He seems to have steered people away from deep water crossings. Maybe a shallow wade? Did he hop? When I hike down the trail sooner or later I hop from rock to rock, but this seems trivial. Since he was approximately 80 climbing is highly unlikely. So the only thing I'm left with is crawling.
        Post-it note

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Kowalski View Post

Zap, this has perplexed me. What could he be talking about? Did Forrest skip back to the car? Not likely. Did he swim or wade? He seems to have steered people away from deep water crossings. Maybe a shallow wade? Did he hop? When I hike down the trail sooner or later I hop from rock to rock, but this seems trivial. Since he was approximately 80 climbing is highly unlikely. So the only thing I'm left with is crawling.
          I suggested a skip months ago and got zero likes, lol.
          Last edited by Rose Livingstone; 05-15-2019, 03:26 AM.
          https://youtu.be/BgwQh7jD5h8

Comment

mm
            https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...8069#post98069

Comment

Forrest did state: You'll be surprised of where it's at. To me this could mean climbing a very decent incline. Remember, an 80 year old man climbed Mount Everest. But he tried it again 4 years later and died. If an area is special to you, it makes you more determined than ever to make it happen. IMO, Limiting Forrest Fenn's ability would be detrimental to anyone's solve.
              Last edited by OH!!; 05-15-2019, 08:00 AM.

Comment

According to Forrest's statements. It can not be completely buried. Because it is exposed to the elements. And wind could effect it. I do like the crawling aspect. Like crawling through a crevis in a huge rock formation that opens up on the otherside of a mountain that is not accessible from any other way. Imagine how cool that would be. I still say anything description you use that involve your feet. Is not a different type of transportation. So hoping, hiking, skipping is all the same. One foot in front of the other. The reason he wouldn't give a yes/no answer to alternative transportation is because there was.

Comment

The chest is sepulchred within a bronze monument. Walk by all day, never see it in plain sight. That's why it's wet -- condensation (because of physics as ff said). The bronze is cool to the touch... but you are not supposed to touch (Do Not Touch)... so you'll have to brave the cold.

It's all there laid out in the stories... teachers with ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                    MM: ask yourself why Forrest would be so adamant and consistent about equivocating on the issue? If it's buried, where's the harm in saying so? I think the reason he doesn't say is that it isn't a simple binary question. That's why he brings up related terms like entombed and sepulchered. Perhaps, like the question of whether he used any transportation aside from walking, he doesn't want to say because it would give too much away. Personally, I think the treasure is sepulchered. And more than walking was involved getting to/from his car, but not some means of transportation: no bicycle, horse, canoe, raft, elevator, cable car, ski lift or zip line.
                    How about the term "secreted in the secret where" ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dikfTRZYMg

Comment

Hi Nexus-6 Leon: we all know the quote, but I want to highlight some tricky parts:

MW Featured Question (3/2/2015): “Forrest, you said you made two trips from your car to hide the treasure. Besides walking, did you use any other methods of transportation to get back and forth between the car and the hide? Thanks, Edgar”

FF: “Edgar, your wording of the question prompts me to pause and wonder if I can answer it candidly, yet correctly. Were all of the evidence truly known, and I answered in the positive, you might say I was prevaricating, by some definitions of the word. And if I answered in the negative, you may claim that I was quibbling. So I will stay quiet on the subject. Thanks for the question anyway. f”

Note that Edgar didn't write other MODES of transportation, he wrote methods. Walking, climbing, skipping, hopping, running, crawling, wading and scooting are all different methods of transportation that do not involve vehicles. Forrest seizes on this at the beginning of his answer, placing the blame for his wordy response squarely on Edgar: your wording of the question.

Comment

mm
                        "My plan was to let my body go back to the earth at the place where I hid the treasure. When my cancer went into remission I decided to hide the treasure anyway."

"And the original version of that poem said, “Take the treasure chest, but leave my bones and go in peace.” Or, something like that. But then I got well, and it ruined that story."

“If it comes back, I’m going to grab a pocketful of sleeping pills, take a treasure chest filled with treasure and a copy of my bio; and I’m going to walk out into the desert. Sometime they’ll find my bones and the treasure, but my bio will be inside the box, so at least they’ll know who I was.”

Exposed ... perhaps covered in vegetation by time, but originally exposed and visible.

After all how would FF bury himself with the treasure?

Comment

I looked where and it wasn’t there.

Comment

You don’t have to break anything. A common digging term is “breaking ground.” I don’t believe it’s buried.

Comment

MW Featured Question (3/2/2015): “Forrest, you said you made two trips from your car to hide the treasure. Besides walking, did you use any other methods of transportation to get back and forth between the car and the hide? Thanks, Edgar”

FF: “Edgar, your wording of the question prompts me to pause and wonder if I can answer it candidly, yet correctly. Were all of the evidence truly known, and I answered in the positive, you might say I was prevaricating, by some definitions of the word. And if I answered in the negative, you may claim that I was quibbling. So I will stay quiet on the subject. Thanks for the question anyway. f”

F put a hint in his answer. What is the subject?

Comment

Working...
                              X