This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JamesThrilled View Post

Logic and evidence would disagree. Even without the revised Once Upon A While, the multiple searcher targeted scrapbooks and the taking a step back from the chase, after 9 years somebody inevitably has to be at least close, otherwise the Chase is rendered virtually unsolvable and that would be a major disservice on Fenn's behalf.
    All of that makes me really glad I have not nor will I read any of the books. Fenn said that all you need is the poem, and since it's his treasure, I'm kind of going to go with his word on
    this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maus View Post

All of that makes me really glad I have not nor will I read any of the books. Fenn said that all you need is the poem, and since it's his treasure, I'm kind of going to go with his word on
      this one.
      Not exactly what he said, but close

Comment

• Originally posted by anonymoussearcher View Post

Not exactly what he said, but close
        Notice I didn't put my words in quote nor did I provide a reference. That is because I wasn't making a quote. Were I making one I would have provided both. I was paraphrasing. The is the jist of what he said. If I was going got take the time to make a quote it would look something like this:

"Dear Mr. Fenn,

We are a group of avid elderly bridge players in San Diego who after reading your book hope to find your treasure. We are not into poetry as much as the memoir. We realize the clues are in the poem, but were wondering if there isn’t at least one clue in each chapter.

Thank you for a great book

Sincerely,

Emily

Forrest’s succinct response:

Emily,

All of the information you need to find the treasure is in the poem. The chapters in my book have very subtle hints but are not deliberately placed to aid the seeker. Good luck in the search. f"

(https://dalneitzel.com/2013/04/04/th...art-twentytwo/)

Comment

• Remember y'all - not always does the horse in the lead take home the prize.......

Comment

this one.
            Then you have no chance. Without the books, you won't have the necessary confidence in the correct solution. Why are people so averse to buying the books?? Why hobble yourself?

Comment

• If anyone is serious about that chest, my advice, buy the books.
              https://youtu.be/Za9YMxLKH-A https://youtu.be/jDK7sRLn-3E

Comment

• Originally posted by Zapster View Post

Then you have no chance. Without the books, you won't have the necessary confidence in the correct solution. Why are people so averse to buying the books?? Why hobble yourself?
                Not True ! The books are not needed. More people probably confuse themselves by thinking things that aren't hints are. But go ahead and confuse yourself away.
                Last edited by TreasureCodex; 05-16-2019, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• I think anybody not having the books is missing out. The treasure aside, I really enjoy the stories.

Comment

• they are great reading, I want to add to my collection
                    "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

• Originally posted by Zapster View Post

Fenn said all we need is the poem. That gives me all of the chance he intended to give us. All i need is there. Anything else is superfluous. I won't buy the books because all they will do is further muddy the waters. The poem is rich with everything I need. A would only hobble myself by reading the books.

Comment

• IMO, you hobble yourself by reading the blogs rather than the books. What’s posted here really muddies the water.

Comment

• Ttotc only has a couple of hints
                          "It is fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence." - Forrest Fenn

Comment

• lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

Not True ! The books are not needed. More people probably confuse themselves by thinking things that aren't hints are. But go ahead and confuse yourself away.
                              If a person is on the right track in solving the poem, the books will 100% give you confirmation. The combination gives the confidence Forrest speaks of.
                              There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

Comment

this one.
                                All you need to go 2 miles are your legs, but a car would help. And he said to read his book. So, if you are going with his word, then you should read the book.

Comment

Working...
                                X