Lead Searcher is Struggling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Envictus View Post

It hasn't snowed in months, I don't know what you all are talking about. It was the modest winter in the last 15 years.
    It was super mod here in OK too.
    Downright spiffy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWlkmkZW2hk

Comment

Look at the snow depth on the USDA forest service site. There are tons of areas that are 40 to 100 inches of snow still. Most of them are below 10,200 feet. There is a reason Fenn waited until summer and mentions summer a lot. Sure there aren't many areas in New Mexico with snow, but it's not in New Mexico so that doesn't matter. All three other states have a lot of snow. Colorado and Montana especially have a lot of snow and Wyoming has some areas.

https://www.fs.fed.us/r5/webmaps/SierraSnowDepth/

Comment

Originally posted by JamesThrilled View Post
        It's apparent that there is a lead searcher and has been for at least 6 months - truth is, that lead searcher clearly cannot finish the job - it's May 14th, the weather is good and if somebody knew they had a chest worth potentially $5mil + waiting for them, they would have been out there already... all this talk from the community about the lead not being able to get there at present is nonsense and doesn't follow logic.

Forrest's recent posts suggest somebody has been to or very close to the final spot, but can't seal the deal - they are blind to something. Forrest says the clues get progressively easier, but that doesn't mean the final spot search is easy.
        May 14th may not be late enough for all search locations. Snow also isn't the only consideration. Money is a strong motivator, but it is not the strongest. The treasure is going to be waiting a month from now .

Comment

Originally posted by Seannm View Post
          LOL.

We are all struggling to find this, is it not easy to infer that the one who is close isn't as well.

But they don't know it.

Seannm
          You should probably just speak for yourself. I don't want to be associated with your group of "struggling". And I'm sure many others don't want to either.

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

It was super mod here in OK too.
            Downright spiffy.
            Alk depends on where your here is. Its still snowing in my Rocky Mountains.

Comment

I really think the lead searcher is trying to get to chest but due to circumstances beyond their control it hasn't happened yet. I have written before on other threads that there isnt two searchers racing but one searcher that has made 2 trips to the location where chest is. They are probably just as frustrated as everyone else. In fact, probably more frustrated. Scrapbook 200 sounds like Forrest giving encouragement to lead searcher ( the fathers rigid expectations are to get the job done, work as a team). I dont think they are trying to delay getting it just to mess around the search community. I'm going to stay positive about the situation and lead searcher. They are doing things as fast as they can, given the circumstances. That is most logical.

Comment

IMO, the lead searcher (if he/she exists) is:
                1. adjusting or has already adjusted;
                2. waiting for the right time, as per the instructions in the poem.
                I don’t believe the word “struggling” is even in the lead lead searcher’s vernacular.

Comment

Life is struggle. The wolf struggles right up to the moment that its jaws tear the life from its prey's throat. Then there is brief respite from the struggle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit View Post
                    Life is struggle. The wolf struggles right up to the moment that its jaws tear the life from its prey's throat. Then there is brief respite from the struggle.
                    Brilliant! If you want to hunt like a wolf, you will find a way to get there immediately.

Comment

• She already did , ask him for truthfulness

Comment

• Don't let these doomsday naysayers cloud your day. Get out there and find it while the lead searcher is waiting for Forrest to make up his mind.

Comment

• To everything there is a season. Whoever solves all the clues first can take comfort in statistics: if there have been 350,000 failed searches in 8 1/2 years, the odds of two people solving it independently in the same month or even the same year are pretty low. But one factor fouls that calculus: Forrest's continued interaction with the search community. He has ultimate control over when the poem gets solved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seannm View Post
                            LOL.

We are all struggling to find this, is it not easy to infer that the one who is close isn't as well.

But they don't know it.

Seannm
                            Hiya Sean.
                            I agree that the Lead Searcher is, or was, struggling with the final solution.
                            But I think they know they have it correct to that point, right up to the end, but not THE end.
                            Otherwise, I don't think Forrest would be releasing the things he has. Because he isn't going to give anything away for the win.
                            My opinion, of course.
                            AKA: Buckeye Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                              To everything there is a season. Whoever solves all the clues first can take comfort in statistics: if there have been 350,000 failed searches in 8 1/2 years, the odds of two people solving it independently in the same month or even the same year are pretty low. But one factor fouls that calculus: Forrest's continued interaction with the search community. He has ultimate control over when the poem gets solved.
                              Thank goodness someone is listening, this is exactly what I have been saying

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesThrilled View Post

That's a valid point, but the vast majority of land is now searchable, so the odds are automatically against the chest being at the unsearchable spots, never mind that that those spots are way up in the mountains.
                                Since we are uncertain where the chest is or not there is no way to calculate the odds are for or against the chest being in a searchable or an unsearchable spot. You can claim that the area of currently searchable locations now exceeds the area of areas that are not yet open to searching because of snow, etc, but that's just about all. You could just as well claim that the odds are in favor of the chest being in an unsearchable spot..

Comment

Working...
                                X