Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

Thank you Captain Obvious
    So your statement was just to be what exactly ? Huh, Lieutenant Loose Lips !
    Last edited by TreasureCodex; 05-14-2019, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesThrilled
      ... after 9 years somebody inevitably has to be at least close, otherwise the Chase is rendered virtually unsolvable and that would be a major disservice on Fenn's behalf.
      I’ve been thinking about this portion of your statement for a while. F said he was glad the “poem said what it was supposed to” (paraphrasing)
      He made it clear there was a flexible solve period acceptable- 1000 years or etc.
      [What If] a SOLVABLE poem is still unsolved when you (you personally) give up looking for it? Is it still a poem with value to the service F anticipated or was pleased there of? Or does the ‘I give ups’ of a thousand, in fact, prove his point?
      IF there is a solution that does Not a ‘major disservice’ make, would you accept that answer? If the solution were a+b simple, would you think it a sneaky a and a sneaky b?
      Asking for a looking glass friend.
      Last edited by Rose Livingstone; 05-15-2019, 03:10 AM.
      https://youtu.be/BgwQh7jD5h8

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post

IMO onehas nothing todo with the other.

IMO The lead searcher wrote Forrest about an issue with their stomach hoping they would be able to retrieve the treasure if it healed(2018),it didn't.
        Jump to 2019 the stomach issue only got worse therefore the searcher won't be able to get BOTG, but might be looking for that "right" person which he can share his solve.
        Again only MO

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
          I’ve been thinking about this portion of your statement for a while. F said he was glad the “poem said what it was supposed to” (paraphrasing)
          He made it clear there was a flexible solve period acceptable- 1000 years or etc.
          [What If] a SOLVABLE poem is still unsolved when you (you personally) give up looking for it? Is it still a poem with value to the service F anticipated or was pleased there of? Or does the ‘I give ups’ of a thousand, in fact, prove his point?
          IF there is a solution that does Not a ‘major disservice’ make, would you accept that answer? If the solution were a+b simple, would you think it a sneaky a and a sneaky b?
          Asking for a looking glass friend.
          Please check my math. For calculations I used:

350,000: Maximum number of Searchers indicated as participating in TTOTC
          175,000: 50% of the Maximum number
          35,000: 10% of the Maximum number

Hours Per Week: Average Time, per Searcher, spent on TTOTC
          Weeks Per Year: Average number of Weeks, per Searcher, spent on TTOTC

Number of Years: Rounded figure from late 2010 to early 2019, 9 Years

Number of Man Hours: Cumulative Total of Hours spent by All Searchers

Hours per Year: 365 Days X 24 Hours per day (excluding Leap Years)

Number of Man Years: (Number of Man Hours)/(Number of Hours per Year), Cumulative Total of Years spent by All Searchers

Click image for larger version

Name:	Searcher Hours.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	98070

Thank you,

Orion

Comment

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post
            Not if a Zeppelin is attached to it! It is spelled Led

Comment

1. 2/04/18 My gut feeling is that someone will find it this summer.
              2. 6/26/2018 – (Summer beginning) My gut feeling is wavering.
              3. 9/2018 – Once Upon a While Revised edition comes out, adding Dizzy Dean. A “Z” means Omega, plus Forrest added an omega at the books end and omega means ENDING. ----------- Blaze = able Z. (enable z?) Blaze = Z bale. (a "Z" bundle?)
              4. 11-2018. Forrest Fenn’s map collection on Ebay.
              5. 2/2019. Good luck and safe passage to you all. (six questions)
              6. 3/2019 - Bronze toothbrush jar goes up for auction
              7. 4/2019 - WWH.com goes up for auction. Because of the hints involved during the 4 years the site was worked that were in fact clues, I believe Forrest embellished a bit.
              To many, it appears as if Forrest & Peggy has created an ending and are being exploitive about it in a nonchalant way.
              I personally feel that the chase community also has a gut feeling and usually when a group has this type of feeling, they are correct.
              Last edited by OH!!; 05-15-2019, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by goldwatch View Post

Yep. I don't care how close the lead searcher(s) is/are. They may not get that final part of the riddle.
                Nope

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

If as you say he is no longer searching how do you account for Fenn’s “gut feeling” at the beginning of 2018
                  Not related. This year it's something different

Comment

I'll show you soon. I actually posted it over at Jenny's a little while ago, but deleted it right away because I didn't want people to go into a mad rush and someone do something too risky in the winter snow and ice and the fast rivers. But I will re-post it soon. It's not a solution, but it does say that there is a lead searcher, and their lead has grown. In fact, if I read it right, it says that they've gotten to the Omega point.
                    There must be one more step to find the treasure, and it must be a doozie. And I don't mean physically, I mean a tough nut to crack.
                    Very interesting Bob. Would like to see that!

Comment

The person with the final location knows that others had been close but didn't know why they were there. That person can't say anything online or those others might spin back around. He has to stay quiet while he figures the way to it's spot. It's not a struggle if there is no rush. I'm findingit!

Comment

I believe you are all overlooking one very important aspect in the thrill of the chase. The one everyone talks about being the lead searcher does not care about what anyone thinks. They march to the beat of their own drum, not even Forrest himself can influence there decision. They are confident that no one is going to find it. The longer they wait the more its worth increases. But the main thing is they are waiting for Forrest, as long as Forrest is ambivalent they are content to wait.

Comment

If for some reason I'm the lead, I can definitely see why I've stalled in searching... I cant afford trips, not even 700 miles (gas prices). But like I said, the poem seems hard enough to solve that a second place searcher could still take years.
                          Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

I'll show you soon. I actually posted it over at Jenny's a little while ago, but deleted it right away because I didn't want people to go into a mad rush and someone do something too risky in the winter snow and ice and the fast rivers. But I will re-post it soon. It's not a solution, but it does say that there is a lead searcher, and their lead has grown. In fact, if I read it right, it says that they've gotten to the Omega point.
                            There must be one more step to find the treasure, and it must be a doozie. And I don't mean physically, I mean a tough nut to crack.
                            Oooh yes, please repost here.

Comment

Originally posted by Envictus View Post
                              But the main thing is they are waiting for Forrest, as long as Forrest is ambivalent they are content to wait.
                              Waiting for Forrest to do what.
                              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                              --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by findingit View Post
                                The person with the final location knows that others had been close but didn't know why they were there. That person can't say anything online or those others might spin back around. He has to stay quiet while he figures the way to it's spot. It's not a struggle if there is no rush. I'm findingit!
                                Just the snow

Comment

Working...
                                X