This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by goldwatch View Post

Interesting. I hope the winner(s) read this forum and consider the idea. Or something else that allows us to have such a closely tied relic to the Chase.
    Don't worry !

Comment

• Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

Don't worry !
      Haha, you certainly are confident.
      On a scale of 1-10, how confident are you? Based on your finds that support your solutions to each clue?
      AKA: Buckeye Bob

Comment

Haha, you certainly are confident.
        On a scale of 1-10, how confident are you? Based on your finds that support your solutions to each clue?
        10 But that does not even matter to me. I know how to make enough noise that any finder would hear the idea.

Comment

• Wetherill bracelet = everlasting Gobstopper?

Comment

Items can be 3D printed with wax and then wax replica used as tradition "lost wax" technique of casting final object. That way 10,000 people could have a Forrest Fenn Wetherall Bracelet. I'm sure many items would have a market for them. Gold Frogs, nose rings, 17th century Spanish ring.
            In one sense, perhaps you could say the final object is the by-product of the process.

In TTOTC, the retrieval of the chest is the by-product of the discovery of the Thrill of the Chase...or would you say, vice-versa?

https://dalneitzel.com/2019/04/10/forrest-gets-mail-19/
            The treasure chest is still out there waiting to be found. It is not easy to find, but the fortunate bi-products of searching seem to come from all directions. f

Click image for larger version

Name:	OldFriend1.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	98553

Peace,

Orion

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Zapster View Post
              Wetherill bracelet = everlasting Gobstopper?
              No, Forrest has made it quite clear that finder can keep bracelet but he would like to have first consideration if finder wanted to sell it. Now Forrest does have a cool Ancient Egyptian Cartouche that may be worth trading for.
              https://dalneitzel.com/2014/10/15/sacred_beetle/

Name:	IMG_0881.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	98573
              Last edited by TreasureCodex; 05-16-2019, 09:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
                I believe searchers would sell the bracelet back to Mr. Fenn, but I think no one is just going to give it to him or anything else he wants from the chest. imo
                I believe in giving it all back to Forrest , after all this is The Thrill Of The Chase.

Comment

No, Forrest has made it quite clear that finder can keep bracelet but he would like to have first consideration if finder wanted to sell it. Now Forrest does have a cool Ancient Egyptian Cartouche that may be worth trading for.
                  https://dalneitzel.com/2014/10/15/sacred_beetle/

Name:	IMG_0881.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	98573
                  I'd consider horsetrading for the peace pipe -- maybe over a game of pool or Canasta. And then let him win. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by JaS<3 View Post

I believe in giving it all back to Forrest , after all this is The Thrill Of The Chase.
                    I would give it back to him too but if he wanted to slip Minerva into the chest that would be pretty cool! Love that Bird!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zapster View Post

I'd consider horsetrading for the peace pipe -- maybe over a game of pool or Canasta. And then let him win. ;-)
                      Actually what Forrest seems to have there is an Amulet with a Spell from the Book Of The Dead inscribed on the back side.
                      It's not a typical Heart Amulet as it would have Spell 30b on it.
                      There are even other possibilities.

Comment

Wow, what a great idea. I'm not sure exactly how close a jeweled item can be replicated though. It would have to be a single solid material, wouldn't it?
                        Another option might be to copy his autobiography and sell that, unless permission is required and declined.

Are 3D printed things more brittle than the real item?
                        Forrest has already publicly confirmed that he retains the rights to his autobiography in the chest and does NOT grant permission to the finder to publish it.
                        "Misquotations are the only quotations that are never misquoted." - Hesketh Pearson

Comment

• What if the lead searcher wants to go but can't yet. What if lead is waiting for ????
                          what if lead has vehicle problems hmm. What if lead wants to be sure sure for sure. What if lead has all the bananas and rabbit holes and tc location mixed up. What if lead wants confirmation on 1 thing no one else thought of. The way I see it is the "lead" is cautious and wise. And probably has an imagination that is playing tricks on him or her. What if lead wants 10 more possible locations "just in case". That person has I'm guessing 25 to 50 spots to check. How would us mere mortals understand the lead. What if lead is good at thinking but missing the hints that supposed srapbook, doodle, 6 questions. Heck if it we're me I would have been out to hiddy spot couple times by now. LEAD SEARCHER GO GET THE PRIZE F#&@ WORK, FAMILY, AND RESPONSIBILITY. What are you waiting for some secret junk email account to magically appear like some parlor trick. Whateves sorryazz wimp(bad word that starts with p).

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Duke yeeha View Post
                            What if the lead searcher wants to go but can't yet. What if lead is waiting for ????
                            what if lead has vehicle problems hmm. What if lead wants to be sure sure for sure. What if lead has all the bananas and rabbit holes and tc location mixed up. What if lead wants confirmation on 1 thing no one else thought of. The way I see it is the "lead" is cautious and wise. And probably has an imagination that is playing tricks on him or her. What if lead wants 10 more possible locations "just in case". That person has I'm guessing 25 to 50 spots to check. How would us mere mortals understand the lead. What if lead is good at thinking but missing the hints that supposed srapbook, doodle, 6 questions. Heck if it we're me I would have been out to hiddy spot couple times by now. LEAD SEARCHER GO GET THE PRIZE F#&@ WORK, FAMILY, AND RESPONSIBILITY. What are you waiting for some secret junk email account to magically appear like some parlor trick. Whateves sorryazz wimp(bad word that starts with p).
                            Or the lead is geedy and wants ALL the bananas. I hate greedy ppl. But not in treasure hunting, you go on with your bad self.

Comment

• Actually does anyone think that the lead has seen the location or even done botg. For all we know the lead has already been out there and something may have happened to prevent the end of the chase (snow, mud). Or the lead maybe in jail or at a facility. Who knows. All I know is I'm ready for this one to be over and maybe FF started a new one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Duke yeeha View Post
                                Actually does anyone think that the lead has seen the location or even done botg. For all we know the lead has already been out there and something may have happened to prevent the end of the chase (snow, mud). Or the lead maybe in jail or at a facility. Who knows. All I know is I'm ready for this one to be over and maybe FF started a new one.
                                Have faith in a legacy that uses bronze boxes as figurative form. You want to move on- how are you restricted here? What would move your main objective forward?

Comment

Working...
                                X