This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lead Searcher is Struggling?

It's apparent that there is a lead searcher and has been for at least 6 months - truth is, that lead searcher clearly cannot finish the job - it's May 14th, the weather is good and if somebody knew they had a chest worth potentially $5mil + waiting for them, they would have been out there already... all this talk from the community about the lead not being able to get there at present is nonsense and doesn't follow logic.

Forrest's recent posts suggest somebody has been to or very close to the final spot, but can't seal the deal - they are blind to something. Forrest says the clues get progressively easier, but that doesn't mean the final spot search is easy.

It is still to early in the season to go BOTG. Some areas of the Rockies still have 68 inches or so. The biggest snow falls always come late in the season.
    "Rhythm means timing, rhythm means rhyme, the poems twenty four lines are all about thyme"
    --- OH!!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesThrilled View Post
      It's apparent that there is a lead searcher and has been for at least 6 months - truth is, that lead searcher clearly cannot finish the job - it's May 14th, the weather is good and if somebody knew they had a chest worth potentially $5mil + waiting for them, they would have been out there already... all this talk from the community about the lead not being able to get there at present is nonsense and doesn't follow logic.

Forrest's recent posts suggest somebody has been to or very close to the final spot, but can't seal the deal - they are blind to something. Forrest says the clues get progressively easier, but that doesn't mean the final spot search is easy.
      Yup. Maybe it's time the lead searcher, if there is one, opens the floodgates.
      "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SimonSays
        Virtue is in the struggle, not in the prize.
        Yes, but the struggle is only a virtue when you get the prize.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!! View Post
          It is still to early in the season to go BOTG. Some areas of the Rockies still have 68 inches or so. The biggest snow falls always come late in the season.
          That's a valid point, but the vast majority of land is now searchable, so the odds are automatically against the chest being at the unsearchable spots, never mind that that those spots are way up in the mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!! View Post
            Yeah season is early yet. Hold thy horses.

Comment

No lead searcher..nobody is close
              "It is fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence." - Forrest Fenn

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Joe View Post
                No lead searcher..nobody is close
                Logic and evidence would disagree. Even without the revised Once Upon A While, the multiple searcher targeted scrapbooks and the taking a step back from the chase, after 9 years somebody inevitably has to be at least close, otherwise the Chase is rendered virtually unsolvable and that would be a major disservice on Fenn's behalf.

Comment

When in the end when nobody goes because nobody knows where it's it then nobody will have been the winner.

Comment

You know for certain that 100% of the Rockies are snowless, snowmeltless, mudless and accessible? You know for certain there are no moral reasons why the “lead searcher” might wait for an appropriate time? Not everyone lives close to America’s west- and until they’re holding the chest Nothing is ‘guaranteed’- no one can assume anything in this hunt until they’re actually touching the chest. It’s like gambling- don’t gamble more than you can afford to lose. Maybe you have more than 2 pence to rub together, and you could afford that gamble- you’re ahead of the game then. What makes you think recklessly quitting their job because they can’t get time off, perhaps losing their house, leaving their family, and borrowing thousands of dollars for car maintenence and gas to drive across America or even further is the ‘logical’ choice? This is an extreme example, but we don’t know what’s going on. Maybe there are health concerns or some other issue. We all think we’re close until we actually go out there and don’t find it- you would understand that if you’ve ever eaten the BOTG humble pie.
                    I don’t even think it’s about the money any more but about pissing off you and every other impatient watcher who demands their own schedule be adopted by someone you don’t even know- at great personal loss not to you- but to them.
                    You want it found so badly? Go get it or pay someone to go get it. It’s right where the lead searcher left it (...and I’m not sure- but I would assume accidentally- who would leave it on purpose?)
                    Regardless, do your own thing and stop worrying about others. Assume their plan is methodical and strategic- or maybe they too are fumbling around lost just like you- probably only one of those is correct, and I bet you never find out which. Why complain about more time in your searching account?
                    Personally, I’m glad the chest is still (as far as we know) up for grabs. Gives the wildlife a chance to fatten up before my later summer trip. I have 3 spots that are far out away from anything (one search area and two curiosities), and the last thing I want is some hungry wolf-pack stalking my six.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
                      You know for certain that 100% of the Rockies are snowless, snowmeltless, mudless and accessible? You know for certain there are no moral reasons why the “lead searcher” might wait for an appropriate time? Not everyone lives close to America’s west- and until they’re holding the chest Nothing is ‘guaranteed’- no one can assume anything in this hunt until they’re actually touching the chest. It’s like gambling- don’t gamble more than you can afford to lose. Maybe you have more than 2 pence to rub together, and you could afford that gamble- you’re ahead of the game then. What makes you think recklessly quitting their job because they can’t get time off, perhaps losing their house, leaving their family, and borrowing thousands of dollars for car maintenence and gas to drive across America or even further is the ‘logical’ choice? This is an extreme example, but we don’t know what’s going on. Maybe there are health concerns or some other issue. We all think we’re close until we actually go out there and don’t find it- you would understand that if you’ve ever eaten the BOTG humble pie.
                      I don’t even think it’s about the money any more but about pissing off you and every other impatient watcher who demands their own schedule be adopted by someone you don’t even know- at great personal loss not to you- but to them.
                      You want it found so badly? Go get it or pay someone to go get it. It’s right where the lead searcher left it (...and I’m not sure- but I would assume accidentally- who would leave it on purpose?)
                      Regardless, do your own thing and stop worrying about others. Assume their plan is methodical and strategic- or maybe they too are fumbling around lost just like you- probably only one of those is correct, and I bet you never find out which. Why complain about more time in your searching account?
                      Personally, I’m glad the chest is still (as far as we know) up for grabs. Gives the wildlife a chance to fatten up before my later summer trip. I have 3 spots that are far out away from anything (one search area and two curiosities), and the last thing I want is some hungry wolf-pack stalking my six.
                      You should know that certain people post under aliases to gage reaction and learn something. People may just be better informed than you Rose - don't assume you know who you are speaking to. I find your response unnecessarily confrontational, presumptive and full of inaccuracies. Clearly a very angry Rose or perhaps just a Thorn.
                      Last edited by JamesThrilled; 05-14-2019, 02:51 PM.

Comment

That's a valid point, but the vast majority of land is now searchable, so the odds are automatically against the chest being at the unsearchable spots, never mind that that those spots are way up in the mountains.
                        it would appear the Lead Searcher is not worried , because no one has stepped up to claim the chest, and besides there is all that run off..
                        "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

You should know that certain people post under aliases to gage reaction and learn something. People may just be better informed than you Rose - don't assume you know who you are speaking to. I find your response unnecessarily confrontational, presumptive and full of inaccuracies. Clearly a very angry Rose or perhaps just a Thorn.
                          I think there are at least 15 other searchers on the blogs that have way more info than me. I’ve only been BOTG once, and I only heard about the hunt April before last- so I’m pretty nube. I want this thing found as much as the next person, I suppose, but just like everyone else without copious savings, I have to meter my own time. I don’t assume to have all the answers or judge someone else for their ability or inability to drop life and go adventuring; that seems a waste of my resources.
                          Sorry about the thorns- that’s what one finds in the wild.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post

it would appear the Lead Searcher is not worried , because no one has stepped up to claim the chest, and besides there is all that run off..
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	CalmHunter.jpg
Views:	1394
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	97960

Peace,
                            Orion

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	CalmHunter.jpg
Views:	1394
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	97960

Peace,
                              Orion
                              I think the lead searcher has had a major life changing event (health,death,etc...) maybe they will be back or at least speak up.

Comment

Working...
                              X