Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just one thing.........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Mr. Fenn: Is it important in this search that a fire be lit and kept burning?
    Why? Just trying to match up some thoughts and get my directions straight so I can set my course.
    I definitely don't want to be going the wrong way.

    Comment


    • #17
      Dear Forrest, Do you like steak ? Because I like steak !

      Comment


      • #18
        Mr. Fenn if no one has found the treasure. Why is no one searching, and everyone is looking in the wrong places?
        "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://www.hintofriches.com/core/sm...ilies/cool.pnghttps://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

        Comment


        • #19
          Dear Forrest, what's under your hat?
          Because there may be a clew under it.
          AKA: Buckeye Bob

          Comment


          • #20
            I'd ask, when can I come by and drop off the turquoise bracelet you would like returned?

            Not yet, but soon

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by goldwatch View Post
              Dear Forrest, what's under your hat?
              Because there may be a clew under it.
              Good thread
              "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://www.hintofriches.com/core/sm...ilies/cool.pnghttps://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post
                Dear Forrest, Do you like steak ? Because I like steak !
                My meat is.....
                "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://www.hintofriches.com/core/sm...ilies/cool.pnghttps://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by anonymoussearcher View Post
                  I'd ask, when can I come by and drop off the turquoise bracelet you would like returned?

                  Not yet, but soon
                  Like the 'direction' on that question - serving another's wish rather than syphoning information. I'll vote for your question.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Fogel View Post

                    Like the 'direction' on that question - serving another's wish rather than syphoning information. I'll vote for your question.
                    I'd ask him if he has the cash in hand to recoup my search costs in exchange for the bracelet. He offered to buy it back, so I'll keep him to his word.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I don't have much in search costs - I suppose he could buy it back at whatever cost he wants. I am not use to asking for anything -

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Fogel View Post
                        I don't have much in search costs - I suppose he could buy it back at whatever cost he wants. I am not use to asking for anything -
                        My costs are just gas and food. I do take time off of work to make 4 day weekends, so I could provide him with a detailed accounting.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Mr. Fenn if no one finds the chest how will you get the bracelet?
                          "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://www.hintofriches.com/core/sm...ilies/cool.pnghttps://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Maus View Post

                            My costs are just gas and food. I do take time off of work to make 4 day weekends, so I could provide him with a detailed accounting.
                            That's interesting. I think most of my expenses would be considered everyday living.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Fogel View Post

                              That's interesting. I think most of my expenses would be considered everyday living.
                              Those expenses aren't tax deductible. If you look at the last line of page 2 of schedule A you can deduct miscellaneous expenses. These include gambling losses and hobby expenses among others. So your Fenn Chase expenses are deductible, but if you cannot deduct them because you don't itemize, I believe it is reasonable to have Fenn reimburse them to you in exchange for the bracelet.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I did not do anything much other than live like I would have anywhere. Thanks for the information, tho

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X