From my Memoir - The thrill of the Chase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From my Memoir - The thrill of the Chase

What do all these words mean?, they read as though they are written with hidden meanings.

It must be important to work out what FF is trying to say, i can't help but think if this page is decoded it will answer a good part of the poem.
    https://www.oldsantafetradingco.com/...l-of-the-chase

The next day we rode the mountains, the hills, the valleys, the hollows, the dales and the depressions, looking for something to catch or shoot. There was almost nothing, but we did shoot one animal that I promised not to talk about. So on the fourth, fifth, or sixth day, I forget which, we were pretty sure we’d used up most of the fun.
    Murder? 6th Magpie for Gold?

I could have tolerated Donnie’s displeasures more easily if my saddle sores had not become such an issue. The insides of my legs were raw most of the way down. I found that riding behind the saddle on Lightning’s warm, soft, furry, rump helped some but he didn’t like it much and kept doing some funny dance step that I didn’t trust completely, so I put my handkerchief over the hardest part of the saddle and tried to think soft thoughts.
    Stringhalt? Parachuting?

Gradually, that little stream got narrower and narrower and deeper and deeper until it developed vertical sides that nothing could get through but water. I think Donnie was getting delirious because he kept saying, “If we don’t change course soon we’ll end up where we’re going.
    Hell's something?

Bad luck can always be trusted.
    Luck comes in 3's?

Donnie was in good spirits again, and started talking coherently.
    Speaking in tongues? Possessed?

Thinking about it, there's lots of quotes about what FF has said outside of the book, but very few quotes about what he said inside the book.

Maybe everyone has this page decoded?? Maybe it means nothing and says exactly how it reads. What says you?
    Last edited by BiggishShoes; 05-07-2019, 06:44 AM.
    In the UK homeless people can sell a magazine called 'The Big Issue'

Sharing is caring. Thanks for all the fish. It's been RAD.

All those words and their importance to you means....... You're looking too deep..... Keep it simple!

Comment

It means the party is over and everybody is starting to get on nobody’s nerves in particular.

Comment

So what you're saying is, stop looking at the words in the book for the solution?

Comment

I enjoy the pics. there is just something about the horse and rider pictures I find interesting..
          "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://www.hintofriches.com/core/sm...ilies/cool.pnghttps://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

I think the message to this chapter is very simple.
            And why didn't he say where he went out or where he was?
            He knows exactly where he was.
            I show the exact spot he was standing in those pictures (thanks to Google Earth) see my website
            I think it's amazing what I found just off this same trail.
            The message : This is a special place dear to ff (begging us to figure out where he was)

Comment

Originally posted by BiggishShoes View Post
              What do all these words mean?, they read as though they are written with hidden meanings.

It must be important to work out what FF is trying to say, i can't help but think if this page is decoded it will answer a good part of the poem.
              https://www.oldsantafetradingco.com/...l-of-the-chase

Murder? 6th Magpie for Gold?

Stringhalt? Parachuting?

Hell's something?

Luck comes in 3's?

Speaking in tongues? Possessed?

Thinking about it, there's lots of quotes about what FF has said outside of the book, but very few quotes about what he said inside the book.

Maybe everyone has this page decoded?? Maybe it means nothing and says exactly how it reads. What says you?
              The animal was Hitler! 100% guarantee it! Swear on my life.

Comment

Originally posted by DeCall View Post
                I think the message to this chapter is very simple.
                And why didn't he say where he went out or where he was?
                He knows exactly where he was.
                I show the exact spot he was standing in those pictures (thanks to Google Earth) see my website
                I think it's amazing what I found just off this same trail.
                The message : This is a special place dear to ff (begging us to figure out where he was)
                Cool answer thanks.
                So you figured out what this page means and where he was? I tried to find where this is set a while back, will have to look at your website, i think i remember Obsidian Cliff or something.
                Do you think this chapter reveals THE spot?
                Last edited by BiggishShoes; 05-08-2019, 01:26 AM.

Comment

I think you are on the right track with the wrong answers.

Comment

Originally posted by ksfromKS View Post
                    I think you are on the right track with the wrong answers.
                    Thanks for the reply and i'm grateful that this thread encouraged you to sign up, although your reply is a bit insubstantial, could you expand on that? maybe give what you think is a correct answer or let me know where you think i am going wrong? Anything is welcome, as long as it's not a personal put down.

Comment

I wonder if the animal ff and Donnie killed was a wolf?

promised not talk about it - cry wolf
                      magpies are known to follow wolves and scavenge on their kills. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-billed_magpie

Who knows? (apart from the phantom) I guess solving this chapter is not a popular pastime for most.

Comment

I still believe, It's the thrill of the Chase!
                        "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://www.hintofriches.com/core/sm...ilies/cool.pnghttps://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

It was a porcupine.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                            It was a porcupine.
                            that tasted of kerosene, yep thanks or was that a porky pie?

Comment

Porky tastes like what he eats. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X