Gloves, Flashlight, Sandwich

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloves, Flashlight, Sandwich

Interesting that the word "love/loves" is present in the first item.

Why a flashlight? Treasure Codex recently mentioned the concept of a black hole. In the photo of FF drawing his XX on page 99, the cap of the very prominently displayed "Sharpie" resembles a deep, dark hole of some sort. Like Forrest jumping off the bridge in the middle of the night, do we have to make a leap of faith into that black hole?

Sandwich? You won't get me talking about that one!

Originally posted by voxpops View Post

Why a flashlight? Treasure Codex recently mentioned the concept of a black hole. In the photo of FF drawing his XX on page 99, the cap of the very prominently displayed "Sharpie" resembles a deep, dark hole of some sort. Like Forrest jumping off the bridge in the middle of the night, do we have to make a leap of faith into that black hole?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Forrest log arrow.jpg
Views:	756
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	96692

Do you see a location that may require a flashlight ?

Comment

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	Forrest log arrow.jpg
Views:	756
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	96692

Do you see a location that may require a flashlight ?
      The flashlight may be already there!

Comment

It is, but I did not know you would say that. Lotta candlepower in that flashlight and some pretty strong batteries. I like the X Forrest drew like an Egyptian hieroglyph. It's pretty abstract, but the important features can be made out.
        Last edited by TreasureCodex; 05-05-2019, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

It is, but I did not know you would say that. Lotta candlepower in that flashlight and some pretty strong batteries.
          Absolutely!

Comment

The sandwich is the most important thing you'll need.

Comment

I like to think the flashlight puts me on top of things. I can see now that forrest has already laid claim to that spot

Comment

Can I bring a tamale instead of a sandwich? They tend to be yummier, and they come in biodegradable packaging.

Comment

Originally posted by JChere View Post
                  The sandwich is the most important thing you'll need.
                  "– People have become fixated on you telling them to bring a sandwich and a flashlight. Are they just
                  wasting their time focusing on these things as clues?"

FF: "They certainly are not clues."

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

"– People have become fixated on you telling them to bring a sandwich and a flashlight. Are they just

I don 't care if flashlight and a sandwich are clues or not. I like light in the dark and food in my belly. Fenn has been asked a couple of different ways if you could find the treasure during the day without a flashlight. He has said yes, but nobody followed up and asked if it could be found at night without a flashlight. I did a geocache once that could only be found at night with a flashlight. There were reflectors in the trees that pointed the way. Who knows, Fenn could have done somethign similar, and since nobody asked if you need a flashlight at night to find it he could be laughing at their questions. I set a geocache up once that could only be done at night with a laser pointer, but the site got overwhelmed with stray cats, so we had to take that one down.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

Noooo it's not a clue in the sense of a clue .. in f-speak I'll call it a "sniffer"

Take the word "alone" there is an idiom for that word... look at it like this.. if you get in the back of a cab, are you alone in the cab.. in one sense yes you went in there alone and your still basically alone..
                      your just a passenger...

Comment

While this was being discussed a great big herd of elephants came charging past and stomped on the sandwhich and flashlight
                        Last edited by anonymoussearcher; 05-06-2019, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymoussearcher View Post
                          While this was being discussed a great big herd of elephants came charging past and stomped on the sandwhich and flashlight
                          I'm guessing it wasn't peanut butter.

Comment

Originally posted by Envictus View Post

I'm guessing it wasn't peanut butter.
                            Lol, wouldn't surprise me if that started getting analysed too.

Comment

Gloves, Flashlight, Sandwich and now apparently a come-along (hand held winch), it surprises me this didn't get more attention when it was mentioned in scrapbook 201
                              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                              --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Working...
                              X