Lead Botg searcher vs. Lead Armchair searchers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

Mark this post. The poem can be solved 100% at armchair level. Of course a botg expedition is needed to retrieve the prize. So now an armchair person needs a botg person to look at their solve to decide whether it is plausible ? Doesn't the parasitic behavior ever end ? CC was all about parasites trying to get the best ideas as early on as possible thru badgering newbies and then deleting the info to keep it hidden. Observed the appalling behavior firsthand.
    There was no badgering intended just a thought about how 2 searchers could take the same information and the one that could put botg to test the solve could have the advantage on its plausibility. Maybe I didn't word it perfectly but I am not perfect. On the other hand It seems to me you are calling me out to be a parasite. Now to me that seems like intent to badger someone. You seem to know how to word things to make sure you get your message across! good job! By the way if you look at my past posts I admit to being a newbie and badgering is not my mo!

Comment

The absolute reality of humanity is validation. Mr. Fenn named the chest “Indulgence”, I renamed it “Validation” in my own hunt because that is what I see everybody truely seeking. Myself included, Mr. Fenn included, since he basically said so in his memoir. I don’t see that as bad, it’s simply human.
      Some people want their validation quicker than others, some validation isn’t as deep. It is my opinion and as far as I’ve seen it is only my opinion that whoever actually finds it will have to be both the armchair and botg.. For instance I f you send someone, you want credit as the “mastermind”. If you use someone’s solve, you’re the “muscle” and the quarrrel will continue, friendships compromised, etc...
      Its really just my opinion, but Mr. Fenn was no slouch in either... I mean no offense to anyone, but, it’s best if you can handle both.. IMO...

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman View Post

There was no badgering intended just a thought about how 2 searchers could take the same information and the one that could put botg to test the solve could have the advantage on its plausibility. Maybe I didn't word it perfectly but I am not perfect. On the other hand It seems to me you are calling me out to be a parasite. Now to me that seems like intent to badger someone. You seem to know how to word things to make sure you get your message across! good job! By the way if you look at my past posts I admit to being a newbie and badgering is not my mo!
        Did not mean to infer you were a parasite. You did however identify parasitic behavior. And that was all I meant to identify.

Comment

Working...
        X