Lead Botg searcher vs. Lead Armchair searchers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
    Great point. I think I have seen one case where, for some reason, they discovered that there was no way the box could be where they checked & I believed it.
    I think the evidence is starting t o mount up across the table
    https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U " If you know where the treasure is ...You should go get it."

Comment

Originally posted by anonymoussearcher View Post

Are you defining lead armchair searcher as someone who hasn't gone BOTG at all or as someone that hasn't gone BOTG in a target search area?
      BOTG seem to be the theme or lack there of.

Comment

I am actually a lazyboy recliner searcher and botg wannabe!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob823 View Post
          BOTG searchers never give out valuable information? Until the chest is found how does one know for sure what is valuable information and what is not? It seems to me that some of the most valuable info is the negative info which individual BOTG searchers have. The process of finding the chest seems to work mainly by a process of elimination of thousands of wrong "hypotheses". Like scientific methodology. But no one individual knows all the solutions that have been (for all intents and purposes) ruled out by BOTG "experiments". As an armchair guy IF I knew that I knew the correct location I would not publish it without warning. But I don't know if I will ever be able to know that I know that I know the correct location. You know?
          I see what you would like to be true. But thousands of searches turning up empty does not exclude those search areas. All it means is the searchers did not find. Just like the 500' and 200' people. Which is really what people are trying to coax out of people.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman View Post

Everybody has to put research into their solves. I was considering the armchair searcher as someone who has no interest or plans on going botg but still wants to be part of the correct solve, so they want to go public with ideas that a botg searcher might hold close to the vest.
            I haven't read any "armchair only" solvers that had much of any good ideas. I have read many "botg" searchers ideas as being totally silly. The botg searcher may want to hold the armchair solvers ideas close to their vest. But that does not make those ideas the botg searchers ideas at all. And if they are botg without the chest then they are doing something wrong. I have places that could be searched in minutes. And I also just go roaming around. Not to find the chest as roaming around won't do it. But that is what many many botg people do is just roam the wilderness. And play semantics word games on the blogs hoping someday to claim another persons ideas as their own.

Comment

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

I see what you would like to be true. But thousands of searches turning up empty does not exclude those search areas. All it means is the searchers did not find. Just like the 500' and 200' people. Which is really what people are trying to coax out of people.
              I agree. We're not looking for an easy target that wants to be found -- it's concealed.. You have to know precisely what you're looking for *and* you have to come within some minimum distance in order to recognize it. If either condition isn't met, you'll fail. Even if you assume that if you walk within 12 feet of the chest, you are guaranteed to find it, a failed BOTG trip at best simply means you didn't come within 12 feet. That's about the accuracy of GPS, so you could conceivably provide your precise GPS track to another searcher, and they could find the treasure chest by accident -- just because they didn't (and couldn't) replicate your precise route due to positional uncertainty.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob823 View Post
                BOTG searchers never give out valuable information? Until the chest is found how does one know for sure what is valuable information and what is not? It seems to me that some of the most valuable info is the negative info which individual BOTG searchers have. The process of finding the chest seems to work mainly by a process of elimination of thousands of wrong "hypotheses". Like scientific methodology. But no one individual knows all the solutions that have been (for all intents and purposes) ruled out by BOTG "experiments". As an armchair guy IF I knew that I knew the correct location I would not publish it without warning. But I don't know if I will ever be able to know that I know that I know the correct location. You know?
                I think that even if an armchair searchers think they have a solve for the first or second clues they can't move forward with confidence without botg. But as a botg searcher looks at those solves and they seem to be plausible then the advantage could go to the botg searcher who wants to follow up those solves. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman View Post

I think that even if an armchair searchers think they have a solve for the first or second clues they can't move forward with confidence without botg. But as a botg searcher looks at those solves and they seem to be plausible then the advantage could go to the botg searcher who wants to follow up those solves. Who knows.
                  Mark this post. The poem can be solved 100% at armchair level. Of course a botg expedition is needed to retrieve the prize. So now an armchair person needs a botg person to look at their solve to decide whether it is plausible ? Doesn't the parasitic behavior ever end ? CC was all about parasites trying to get the best ideas as early on as possible thru badgering newbies and then deleting the info to keep it hidden. Observed the appalling behavior firsthand.

Comment

TC: I agree that this is first and foremost an armchair treasure hunt, and as such it is completely solvable without leaving home. I have to say that I've never seen anything on the blogs remotely resembling a good end-to-end solution, and no evidence that anyone has solved past the second clue. Maybe all the "good information" has been scrubbed, lol. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                      TC: I agree that this is first and foremost an armchair treasure hunt, and as such it is completely solvable without leaving home. I have to say that I've never seen anything on the blogs remotely resembling a good end-to-end solution, and no evidence that anyone has solved past the second clue. Maybe all the "good information" has been scrubbed, lol. ;-)
                      Definitely good info scrubbed. The best end to end solutions by their very nature are personal solves that won't be divulged to the public by their very nature until one of them yields the prize. I don't believe the smartest that could have solved this would let out anything to lead others to the proper final location (as they believed it to be). If I told you my end to end, you would be shopping at Gucci or House Of Bijan while I was gassing up at Walmart so the sage had said.

Comment

TC: most searchers are too in love with their own solutions (myself included) to pay any attention to the purportedly "correct" solutions of others. I'm confident mine's right, and am not worried that anyone else who posts on blogs has even 3 clues correct. It's the ones who DON'T post on blogs that I wonder about...

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                          TC: most searchers are too in love with their own solutions (myself included) to pay any attention to the purportedly "correct" solutions of others. I'm confident mine's right, and am not worried that anyone else who posts on blogs has even 3 clues correct. It's the ones who DON'T post on blogs that I wonder about...
                          There is a pack of forum posters at the general solve area. If you haven't seen them, then your place is different. Good luck with your search area !

Comment

I know of a "pack" snooping around in the right general area of Montana, but they haven't put all the pieces together.

Comment

We know ITs there, but where ?
                              https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U " If you know where the treasure is ...You should go get it."

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
                                We know ITs there, but where ?
                                Secret where, in there, from there

Comment

Working...
                                X