Lead Botg searcher vs. Lead Armchair searchers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lead Botg searcher vs. Lead Armchair searchers

I wasn't sure how title this. but there is obviously searchers that have the ability to have botg to search for the treasure. Then there are Armchair searchers that can never have botg. How do the lead botg searchers feel about how the lead Armchair searchers sometimes give out valuable information to other botg searchers on this forum? And do you think that there is any such thing as a lead Armchair searcher?

hmm... I would hate to miss the BOTG aspect of all this and cant wait to get back out in the field again this year. maybe my last year doing anything so make hay while the sun still shines ya?

Comment

Armchair searchers are giving out valuable info? Huh. Places and paths that appear valuable may have already been checked. Just my 2c
      Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Originally posted by onekeyword View Post
        hmm... I would hate to miss the BOTG aspect of all this and cant wait to get back out in the field again this year. maybe my last year doing anything so make hay while the sun still shines ya?
        Good luck on your quest. If you don't mind me asking how many times have you been botg? I am working on my first so I am a green horn as far as Fenn's treasure goes.

Comment

I can't wait after the chest is found to read everybody's reposts that actually had correct solves of clues. I believe if a person spent the time and effort to look at all the past posts , a person could have a good starting point and more for a botg search.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman View Post

Good luck on your quest. If you don't mind me asking how many times have you been botg? I am working on my first so I am a green horn as far as Fenn's treasure goes.
            3times....the journey to the location was as much fun as the search, got to go see some petroglyphs in Nevada that are supposed to be the oldest in the continental United States. got to explore some old towns out in the desert, and pulled off in the middle of NOWHERE Nevada and heard Voices of people talking and laughing in the pitch dark late at night in nowhere land (creepy). I guess voices carry a long ways in the cool desert air..... eh it was fun.

I grew up in the Pacific Northwest. stay dry, if you cant stay dry stay warm... wear wool and eff regulations wherever you are make sure you can make fire if need be.... bear spray, a gun like a 10mil 40 cal or 357 and water.. light snacks kept in ziploc bags are a good idea as well as are good boots and a decent knife... minimum.

Have fun...... and watch out for bears, the diferance between black bear scat and grizzly bear poo is black bear poo has berry seeds hair and small bits of bone in it.. if its dark it means there may be a carcass near by and there feeding off of it or eating alot of meat, grizzly bear poo will also have berrys in it and the same rule applys if its dark there maybe a carcass close by that there feeding on, and when they are they ussualy will defend it and tend to stay close to it to ward off other preditors... grizzly bear scat is much larger and also known for having bear bells, parts of rubber tennis shoes in it and may smell like bear spray and pitchouli oil...
            Last edited by onekeyword; 04-14-2019, 11:50 PM.

Comment

3times....the journey to the location was as much fun as the search, got to go see some petroglyphs in Nevada that are supposed to be the oldest in the continental United States. got to explore some old towns out in the desert, and pulled off in the middle of NOWHERE Nevada and heard Voices of people talking and laughing in the pitch dark late at night in nowhere land (creepy). I guess voices carry a long ways in the cool desert air..... eh it was fun.

I grew up in the Pacific Northwest. stay dry, if you cant stay dry stay warm... wear wool and eff regulations wherever you are make sure you can make fire if need be.... bear spray, a gun like a 10mil 40 cal or 357 and water.. light snacks kept in ziploc bags are a good idea as well as are good boots and a decent knife... minimum.

Have fun...... and watch out for bears, the diferance between black bear scat and grizzly bear poo is black bear poo has berry seeds hair and small bits of bone in it.. if its dark it means there may be a carcass near by and there feeding off of it or eating alot of meat, grizzly bear poo will also have berrys in it and the same rule applys if its dark there maybe a carcass close by that there feeding on, and when they are they ussualy will defend it and tend to stay close to it to ward off other preditors... grizzly bear scat is much larger and also known for having bear bells, parts of rubber tennis shoes in it and may smell like bear spray and pitchouli oil...
              I can relate to Pacific northwest I grew up and still live in the panhandle of North Idaho near the border right where they transplanted Grizzlies out of Canada a few years ago. Our bear poo is always full of huckleberries and at 45 bucks a gallon they better start paying up! Lol like I said before if you feel like your being watched out in the woods its probably because a big ol' kitty cat is checking you out or a bear.

Comment

yep... as far as Cat's go here in Cali... its not the adults you have to worry about so much as the juviniles... we've seen big cats but it was being stalked by a juvinile that was the real treat.... black bears fight them back, Mountain lion same... grizz? grizz like to rip faces off. People will disagree but they were allmost gone from the lower 48 for a reason. If i had my druthers we would move them all to Alaska and leave them be... theresalot of ranchers and experianced hunters and outdoorsman that would agree with me...

Comment

yep... as far as Cat's go here in Cali... its not the adults you have to worry about so much as the juviniles... we've seen big cats but it was being stalked by a juvinile that was the real treat.... black bears fight them back, Mountain lion same... grizz? grizz like to rip faces off. People will disagree but they were allmost gone from the lower 48 for a reason. If i had my druthers we would move them all to Alaska and leave them be... theresalot of ranchers and experianced hunters and outdoorsman that would agree with me...
                  I agree with you about the decision to transplant Grizzlies. The amount of land where I grew up and live that became off limits because of grizzly habitat is a hard pill to swallow. Throw in a bunch of transplanted wolves that run in packs and kill herds of Elk and farm animals and leave most of the meat to rot. I don't understand the thinking.

Comment

I wasn't sure how title this. but there is obviously searchers that have the ability to have botg to search for the treasure. Then there are Armchair searchers that can never have botg. How do the lead botg searchers feel about how the lead Armchair searchers sometimes give out valuable information to other botg searchers on this forum? And do you think that there is any such thing as a lead Armchair searcher?
                    Per Forrest's intentions for us, it's all about the fun of searching (armchair or BOTG or both). I would define the "lead Armchair searcher" as that one (who doesn't go BOTG) who is "ahead" of the other Armchair searchers with regards to solving the poem correctly and completely. But that may not be worth much except in the information aspect. If someone not physically looking for the trove solves the poem correctly, my hat will be off to them. That and a dollar will get you a McDonald's soda. I suppose that someone who knows they will never go BOTG searching might be willing to post their solve. I'd like to see it.
                    Last edited by Old Pilot; 04-15-2019, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone
                      I believe the treasure chest location can be determined to a 4’x 3.75’ or so area from home. But there is more to the solve to retrieve it that requires personal presence. It’s a tricky poem, keeps morphing and moving every time I think I’m getting close.
                      The poem is constant (may I say "cast in concrete" without boring y'all?) . . .
                      I'm responding to a mention of an area of about 4 minutes x 3.75 minutes.
                      I like my Stanley tools, and was amused by y'all's "name".
                      Pray tell, do we understand one another?
                      Not all the 4 brothers would give my message high Marx, but Chico might.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone

Yeah, but the more wheat the more chaff.
                        If someone said something about "chaffing" at the bit, could you appreciate it despite the irritation?

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                          Armchair searchers are giving out valuable info? Huh. Places and paths that appear valuable may have already been checked. Just my 2c
                          I agree that the armchair searchers will most likely not be able to solve the exact location. I think that they have a big influence on areas to search for the first timers because they are willing to layout their whole solve hoping someone will find it.

Comment

If there is such a think as "Lead Searcher" then why couldn't "BOTG" and "Armchair" be the same Lead Searcher ? Why assume they are different ?

Comment

Armchair warriors are just shooting in the dark. The best they can do is give guesses. Only a BOTG will verify if you are in the right area. But, even then, if you don't find the blaze, good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X