What is in the Poem????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is in the Poem????

On our last show, we figured out that there are three clues in stanza 2, three clues in stanza 3, and three clues in stanza 4. Of course, the entire chat room agreed (haha).

Mike spoke about there being a directional hint in each of those stanzas.

Sassy on AGK this week spoke about there being confirmers in the poem.

So, this got me thinking, since we know not to discount any part of the poem, what do we see in the rest of the poem. Confirmers? hints? Directional affirmations? Is there a pattern to these?

Happiness is the best revenge.......... yes, I am talking to you.

How does one get 3 clues out of Stanza 4? Is looking down a clue? Is taking the chest and going in peace a clue?
    Why are there only 3 clues in Stanza 3? Why not 4 clues there? Which line is NOT a clue? TEIEDN is not a clue?
    Are there only 3 clues in Stanza 2? Why not 4? Is TFTW not a clue? If one gives credit to the Tewa man's words ( https://dalneitzel.com/2014/05/19/the-tewa-connection/ ), and if he used almost those exact words (TFTW) as part of a folk tale, and if they involved going from Ojo Caliente in NM to Tres Piedras, then it could theoretically reference/specify a location and not merely a distance. No? How can one be sure it is not a clue?

Just curious.
    Last edited by Bob823; 04-14-2019, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Stanza 2
      WWWH
      (Down is directional)
      Canyon
      HoB

Stanza 3
      Meek
      (Nigh is directional)
      Paddle
      Heavy Loads / Water High

Stanza 4
      Blaze
      (Quickly down - directional)
      Tarry Scant / Marvel gaze
      Peace

3-3-3
      Directional in each of the three stanzas.
      F loves the threes.

Comment

Discounting TFTW as a clue? Yet IMHO the Tewa connection, if correct, might make that one of the most important clues.
        Making going in peace into a clue? Hmmm. Maybe. Maybe not. If one has already taken the chest, does one need another clue?
        One equates location = clue? But not direction = clue? Nine clues = nine locations?
        A pattern for 3 stanzas - clue, direction, clue, clue - is interesting, and elegant, but not necessarily correct IMO. Note that in the second stanza the directions 'down' and 'NFBTFTW' come after WWWH and CANYON, making the sequence there more like clue, clue, direction, clue. No?
        Last edited by Bob823; 04-14-2019, 05:56 PM.

Comment

It seems to me like a very, VERY slow build towards self-confirming clues, plus a great deal less confirmation in the last third of solving it. An opening few clues and a blaze SHOULD do it.
          Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
            On our last show, we figured out that there are three clues in stanza 2, three clues in stanza 3, and three clues in stanza 4. Of course, the entire chat room agreed (haha).

So, this got me thinking, since we know not to discount any part of the poem, what do we see in the rest of the poem. Confirmers? hints? Directional affirmations? Is there a pattern to these?
            If this were an absolute truth, as has been said by everyone since the beginning of the chase, then why would FF say that there is a good clue not found and that something obvious still has to be found (IMW)?

Comment

Stanza 2
              WWWH
              (Down is directional)
              Canyon
              HoB

Stanza 3
              Meek
              (Nigh is directional)
              Paddle
              Heavy Loads / Water High

Stanza 4
              Blaze
              (Quickly down - directional)
              Tarry Scant / Marvel gaze
              Peace

3-3-3
              Directional in each of the three stanzas.
              F loves the threes.
              The format that is from the show is:

Noun
              Verb
              Noun
              Noun

Good luck with that !

Comment

I found a recipe for a Baked Banana and Brown sugar dessert.

Comment

Originally posted by M.c.B. View Post

If this were an absolute truth, as has been said by everyone since the beginning of the chase, then why would FF say that there is a good clue not found and that something obvious still has to be found (IMW)?
                  He did not say clue that I can find in a quote. He said important possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

The format that is from the show is:

Noun
                    Verb
                    Noun
                    Noun

Good luck with that !
                    Tell me more on this.

Comment

He did not say clue that I can find in a quote. He said important possibility.
                      It was Jason, from Sacha, who received from Forrest the quote about a good clue that had not yet been found.

Comment

Would be interesting to ask if someone has discovered that clue that nobody has mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!!
                          Maybe if we anagram kpro's thread title, we can get the answer.
                          http://www.oneacross.com/cgi-bin/sea...=wiomen&s=Go+2
                          Your mind really intrigues me!!!

Comment

There’s no confirmations in the poem, but they’re definitely there in TTOTC if you’ve been wise enough to find them!

Comment

Tell me more on this.
                              I translate ancient pictographs which are nouns. But the actions we understand as verbs. For example the picture of an "arm with hand" can mean "forearm". But the verb meaning can be understood as "work" or "to make". My point being is a noun can be viewed as it's verb comparison thru association. And vice versa.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	10B-1-L.png
Views:	191
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	91898

Comment

Working...
                              X