Can the blaze be pre-determined...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post

IMO, the blaze wasn’t there before he hid the treasure. I think he hid the treasure then left the blaze to mark the spot. But I believe it’s a rock. I don’t believe it’s a big slash on a stone bluff or any of that, it’d be too much of a coincidence being that he knew the spot from the jump, he was going to MAKE it work! So he made his blaze to mark his secret spot!
    Are you suggesting Forrest left a rock for the blaze, or put a blaze on an existing rock? Hopefully you mean the latter, since we have this:

Forrestfenn on 9/26/2014: "I had an enjoyably visit with Tom and his brother at the Downtown Subscription Coffee Shop in Santa Fe. They seemed like nice guys and avid treasure hunters. But there is confusion somewhere. While it’s not impossible to remove the blaze it isn’t feasible to try, and I am certain it’s still there."

If your blaze is easily removable, then I think that's in conflict with this quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

Are you suggesting Forrest left a rock for the blaze, or put a blaze on an existing rock? Hopefully you mean the latter, since we have this:

Forrestfenn on 9/26/2014: "I had an enjoyably visit with Tom and his brother at the Downtown Subscription Coffee Shop in Santa Fe. They seemed like nice guys and avid treasure hunters. But there is confusion somewhere. While it’s not impossible to remove the blaze it isn’t feasible to try, and I am certain it’s still there."

If your blaze is easily removable, then I think that's in conflict with this quote.
      No conflict at all my friend. The blaze is put on a rock, it’s not impossible to remove it (it’s some sort of black paint), he could be taking about taking the rock, but it’s not feasible because the chest is in front of the location directly down. You don’t have to remove the blaze to find the chest.

Comment

I would still argue if the blaze is removable, it's not Forrest's blaze. Black paint on a rock won't last in the wilderness for centuries, and you imply that your rock is small enough that it could be moved. I'm confident that Forrest's blaze is unremovable because it is too large and completely natural.

Comment

I would still argue if the blaze is removable, it's not Forrest's blaze. Black paint on a rock won't last in the wilderness for centuries, and you imply that your rock is small enough that it could be moved. I'm confident that Forrest's blaze is unremovable because it is too large and completely natural.
          I agree with "too large". "completely natural" maybe yes... maybe not.

When they asked FF if the blaze was a single object, the answer "In a word - yes" seemed to me to say that the blaze is made up of several things. Which leads me to believe that it may, perhaps not be the work of nature.

Comment

Forrest has said everything you need is in the poem, so the blaze is in the poem. There is no reason to leave home until you are certain what the blaze is.

Comment

You will never now what the blaze with just the poem. And the blaze is not on regular map. The blaze is within 500ft of the second clue. The blaze is not a natural effect of nature. There might be pictures of the blaze on the web. People might of walked right past the chest probably on there way to wwwh.

Comment

That’s the way I look at it too! My wheels won’t stop me from trying to remove the blaze and using what I find under it.
                Last edited by Crimsonfox; 04-14-2019, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Envictus View Post
                  Forrest has said everything you need is in the poem, so the blaze is in the poem. There is no reason to leave home until you are certain what the blaze is.
                  Or have a testable hypothesis.
                  https://youtu.be/vL996Ja4ul8

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

Or have a testable hypothesis.
                    Don’t get your testes in a bind.

Comment

Pass on the question to who?

Unless the blaze is a philosophical question, with the answer he already knows, passed over to us to work out.

what's the meaning of life?
                      Last edited by BiggishShoes; 04-15-2019, 11:02 AM.
                      The Hero with an F in Good - has redeeming qualities that make part of him want to be a hero out of a desire to do good or the right thing. This character almost invariably has a checkered or mysterious past, or a bad reputation.

Shiver my timbers, shiver my sails, DEAD! MEN! TELL! NO! TALES!

Comment

the evidence is starting t o mount up across the table
                        https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U " If you know where the treasure is ...You should go get it."

Comment

Working...
                        X