Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where warm waters halt: virtually, cryptologically or a place you can take a dip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I often wonder if this chase will get figured out. If Forrest has put his own vernacular to this, it may be next to impossible.
    Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

I think one the better variables of halt is " to hold " like a kettle. There are many depressions that are left behind after buried blocks of ice melt, these depressions are called kettles. And when some of these depressions fill up with water they are called kettle lakes. This is why there are so many options to wwwh .

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman View Post
        I think one the better variables of halt is " to hold " like a kettle. There are many depressions that are left behind after buried blocks of ice melt, these depressions are called kettles. And when some of these depressions fill up with water they are called kettle lakes. This is why there are so many options to wwwh .
        To cease. To end. I see many solves where WWWH is the confluence of bodies of water. They don't halt. They mingle and continue on. They may not be as warm as they once were, but they still aren't zero. Of course physics often has nothing to do here. It is metaphorical. But they still don't halt. Even in the Great Salt Lake they don't halt. The puddle, evaporate and continue with the water cycle. Could Fenn really mean end as halt?

Comment

Really depends on if gravity is mentioned somehow in the poem, if there is any water that is held or dispursed.
          Cold how? Warm how? Actual/physical? My WWH is different, fairly good, and not an "aha" by any means, just a placeholder.
          Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Begin it where you are suddenly uncomfortable.
            metaphorically, of course. Where are the boundaries of your comfort zone?
            https://youtu.be/vL996Ja4ul8

Comment

It's in a map. Not is water. IMHO only.

Comment

Originally posted by Maus View Post

To cease. To end. I see many solves where WWWH is the confluence of bodies of water. They don't halt. They mingle and continue on. They may not be as warm as they once were, but they still aren't zero. Of course physics often has nothing to do here. It is metaphorical. But they still don't halt. Even in the Great Salt Lake they don't halt. The puddle, evaporate and continue with the water cycle. Could Fenn really mean end as halt?
                Fenn has tried to tell us to not over think so if we took his advice the first thing that comes to my mind with the word halt is stop. So then what does "take it" mean if the water stops? Maybe "take it" is the trail that starts at the point where the water stops.

Comment

Fenn has tried to tell us to not over think so if we took his advice the first thing that comes to my mind with the word halt is stop. So then what does "take it" mean if the water stops? Maybe "take it" is the trail that starts at the point where the water stops.
                  If it is a trail why is it to far to walk?

Comment

I think wwwh is the nm fishing regulations.

Comment

If it is a trail why is it to far to walk?
                      Cause it’s a horse trail, when Forrest said he didn’t hide the chest within close proximity to a “human “ trail, it always sounded weird, but when I started digging, he never said he didn’t hide it within close proximity to a horse trail. And the marker was right there, but no longer! Couldn’t risk anyone else getting back out there with a good metal detector before me! Peace

Comment

Imeverybodynow,

Your horse trail comment caught my eye. Seeing as how I'm a cowgirl I'm all about riding my horse to look for the treasure. But was there a marker that you took? Is that fair? Now that we know it's a scavenger hunt I guess the answer is yes.

Comment

Begin it at WWWH. Take it in the canyon down. It is a big word in the poem. If you know what "it' is you have everything done...but the crime. Define it. People have been trying to do it forever with little or no success. Perhaps this is one of the biggest challenges that Fenn wrote into his poem: discover It. It has been referred to as your quest, which ceases when you look quickly down, a trail, a road, a path, a mystery, just about everything. I think It means Clara Bow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	clara-bow-9221851-1-402.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	91908

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post
                            Imeverybodynow,

Your horse trail comment caught my eye. Seeing as how I'm a cowgirl I'm all about riding my horse to look for the treasure. But was there a marker that you took? Is that fair? Now that we know it's a scavenger hunt I guess the answer is yes.
                            Redneck Girl: not to worry. Imerverybodynow didn't remove anything that has anything to do with the Chase. Forrest had lots of time to consider a wide range of scenarios; the ability of a searcher to remove, deface or alter a clue would be one of the first things a puzzle-designer would have thought of. The clues are, for all intents and purposes, permanent.

Comment

I've been intrigued by some horse trails in this chase for sure, but my omegas and horseshoes idea changed. I even found an old, abandoned horseshoe pitch in the middle of NOWHERE. What a rotten joke for the future that was.
                              Last edited by 5-leaf Blaze; 04-14-2019, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post
                                I think wwwh is the nm fishing regulations.
                                nm fishing "suggestions"
                                https://youtu.be/vL996Ja4ul8

Comment

Working...
                                X