Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Brown

Charlie

1965 in Vietnam War U.S. military slang for "Vietcong, Vietcong soldier," probably suggested by Victor Charlie, military communication code for V.C. (as abbreviation of Viet Cong), perhaps strengthened by World War II slang use of Charlie for Japanese soldiers, which itself is probably an extension of the 1930s derogatory application of Charlie to any Asian man, from fictional Chinese detective Charlie Chan.

Charlie Brown?

https://www.etymonline.com/word/charlie
    The Hero with an F in Good - has redeeming qualities that make part of him want to be a hero out of a desire to do good or the right thing. This character almost invariably has a checkered or mysterious past, or a bad reputation.

Shiver my timbers, shiver my sails, DEAD! MEN! TELL! NO! TALES!

Yeah, but Asian men aren't brown.
    Well, why don't you ask me what colour a daffodil is then?

Click image for larger version

Name:	courtesy_flag_wales_dragon.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	91246
    Last edited by BiggishShoes; 04-12-2019, 05:26 AM.
    The Hero with an F in Good - has redeeming qualities that make part of him want to be a hero out of a desire to do good or the right thing. This character almost invariably has a checkered or mysterious past, or a bad reputation.

Comment

I like it I don't know what it means but I like it
      https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U " If you know where the treasure is ...You should go get it."

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
        I like it I don't know what it means but I like it

Name:	welsh.PNG
Views:	252
Size:	824.5 KB
ID:	91326

Comment

Originally posted by BiggishShoes View Post

Name:	welsh.PNG
Views:	252
Size:	824.5 KB
ID:	91326
          Interesting
          https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U " If you know where the treasure is ...You should go get it."

Comment

Yeah, but Asian men aren't brown.
            Well, why don't you ask me what colour a daffodil is then?

Name:	courtesy_flag_wales_dragon.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	91246
            Not quite true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm1r2OPfPpU

Comment

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post
              wow - 3 hours 54 minutes. The prohecy of Reincarnation, you just know i'm going to watch it. thanks

Comment

Wow, the name of the god of the universe to the people of Asia - Sambho

Comment

The word "sambo" came into the English language from the Latin American Spanish word zambo, the Spanish word in Latin America for a person of mixed African and Native American descent.[3] This in turn may have come from one of three African language sources. Webster's Third International Dictionary holds that it may have come from the Kongo word nzambu("monkey") — the z of (Latin American) Spanish being pronounced here like the English s. The Royal Spanish Academy gives the origin from a Latin word, possibly the adjective valgus[4] or another modern Spanish term (patizambo), both of which translate to "bow-legged".

bow legged!

know lege - bow leg - no leg
                  Last edited by BiggishShoes; 04-12-2019, 10:30 PM.

Comment

There was always an underlying mixed race theme under surface that i couldn't pin down.

Name:	330px-Sambo_1770.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	91437

A painting captioned "Negro con Mulata produce Sambo" ("Negro with a Mulatto produces a Sambo"), Indian school, 1770.
                    Mulatto (/mjuːˈlætoʊ/) is a term generally used to refer to people born of one white parent and one black parent, or from two mulatto parents. Although historically considered a factual, fair term of racial classification, in modern day, it is generally considered to be derogatory or offensive.

I must reel this in or i will get carried away

I did think at one stage, what better subjects to write a solution around, subjects people shy away from talking about, sex and race.

Comment

If's not Moses it's Sambho.

Treasure Codex are you Bill Gorman, or am i?

Comment

If's not Moses it's Sambho.

Treasure Codex are you Bill Gorman, or am i?
                        The studies of Sambo God are very interesting. I seen it years ago. The Nagas are a Serpent culture like Egyptians. Not Bill !

Comment

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post

The studies of Sambo God are very interesting. I seen it years ago. The Nagas are a Serpent culture like Egyptians. Not Bill !
                          The N word

Sambho and Nagas - who knew.

Why in the world is there a tendancy to use names of gods as derogatory terms - ISIS for example.
                          Last edited by BiggishShoes; 04-12-2019, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	1920px-Strangler_fig_inside.jpg Views:	0 Size:	336.9 KB ID:	91448

Banyan Tree - Looking upward inside a strangler fig where the host tree has rotted away, leaving a hollow, columnar fig tree.

The tree of god, the only tree that starts in the sky, the tree of immortality, grab every Banyan, brave and in the wood.

how deep is a hole? how tall was the tree?
                            Last edited by BiggishShoes; 04-12-2019, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	1920px-Strangler_fig_inside.jpg Views:	0 Size:	336.9 KB ID:	91448

Banyan Tree - Looking upward inside a strangler fig where the host tree has rotted away, leaving a hollow, columnar fig tree.

The tree of god, the only tree that starts in the sky, the tree of immortality, grab every Banyan, brave and in the wood.

how deep is a hole? how tall was the tree?
                              That was a fortunate rabbit hole. I found this gem (they seem to be in abundant supply lately):

https://youtube.com/watch?v=R5d3aQYvPfM&list=PLIQl_0UWrt6dbRoNMvfvN-e7mTGmfSb_n&index=35&t=0s
                              https://youtu.be/vL996Ja4ul8

Comment

Working...
                              X