Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if you solve it, find it, and leave clue(s) out for immunity in publishing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if you solve it, find it, and leave clue(s) out for immunity in publishing?

This would keep secret the exact place it was, avoid disputes, and leave people guessing at the missing (and I believe to be the hardest) clue(s).
    No one would be able to say "we think we can sue you based on our version of your finished solve." Consensus could one day be reached on how it ended, perhaps years later, but that chest would stick with you nice and legally - even if you snag it off of highly-regulated land.
    Last edited by 5-leaf Blaze; 04-08-2019, 12:06 AM.
    Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

I have an Idea....... If someone were to find it. and then go public, BUT did not divulge the location. I dont think the feds could use water boarding to pull the information out of them. I mean who's to say that it wasnt found on Mars or in there Mother's basement, who's to say? It's reasonable to assume it wasn't but? as far as the money goes? It was sold and all the money was spent on gambeling and Hooker's cocaine etc who cares right PROVE THAT IT DID NOT HAPPEN? and it was actually sold for an undisclosed amount and TADA it shows up on Sothebys via an attorney by a seller who chose to remain anonymous behind an LLC and then..... some random member of the chase comunity publishes the obvious solution but upon arrival to said location can only locate an empty Dr Pepper bottle with a letter stating that this was not the location of the treasure please try again. yes it would all be very strange wouldnt it... BUT whos to say. PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY, I CANNOT RECALL SIR.... the crime comes in denile not a lapse in memory. just a thought if not this scenario then possibly one quite similar.... your not going to Guantonimo for finding the treasure folks, just my opinion...
    My post self destruct without notice..

Comment

Waterboarding for the solve lol. I'm sure it would cross some minds. Yes, you could keep location secret AND publish enough of a solve to show you are the rightful finder. Pay taxes on what you sell (income). Aside from that, maybe some gambling - I don't need hookers and cocaine haha.
      Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
        Waterboarding for the solve lol. I'm sure it would cross some minds. Yes, you could keep location secret AND publish enough of a solve to show you are the rightful finder. Pay taxes on what you sell (income). Aside from that, maybe some gambling - I don't need hookers and cocaine haha.
        That was a referance to a guy here in California..... His lawyer told him to liquidate all of his assestsimediately and that's what he was to tell the judge when it went to court Hooker's, Cocaine and Gambeling, moneys gone and prove that's not how it went down.... she got nothing. He went bankrupt and had a speedy financial recovery and was back on his feet in a relitively short period of time, A good friend of mine.

Comment

If I was lucky enough to find it. If it hasn't been found already. I wouldn't sell any of it unless I was forced
          https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U " If you know where the treasure is ...You should go get it."

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
            If I was lucky enough to find it. If it hasn't been found already. I wouldn't sell any of it unless I was forced
            I agree wraith....kinda. I would Auction it off for sure though intact and anonymously.

Comment

I DO seem to remember a story like that, Onekey.
              I would have to sell some of it, Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by onekeyword View Post

I agree wraith....kinda. I would Auction it off for sure though intact and anonymously.
                That might be a good idea Onekey
                https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U " If you know where the treasure is ...You should go get it."

Comment

Originally posted by onekeyword View Post

But you would need Mr. Fenn to verify the contents I think

Comment

yes... you would.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post

But you would need Mr. Fenn to verify the contents I think
                      (With all due respect to Mr. Fenn,) I wouldn't rely/depend on that happening.

Comment

I won't divulge the location after I find the treasure. I'll put something back at the site for the second to find and keep the chase going. It may not be as grand of a treasure as the chest, but being that it was found would mean that it can be found, and a lot of people would work as hard if not even harder to find the spot. Let the game continue!

Comment

I'll have no choice but to reveal the location. I have too many breadcrumbs for people not to figure it out. I'd rather profit from the marketing of the chest and re-hide it someplace else when I'm 80.

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                            This would keep secret the exact place it was, avoid disputes, and leave people guessing at the missing (and I believe to be the hardest) clue(s).
                            No one would be able to say "we think we can sue you based on our version of your finished solve." Consensus could one day be reached on how it ended, perhaps years later, but that chest would stick with you nice and legally - even if you snag it off of highly-regulated land.
                            I won’t say publicly where I found it, cause that’ll ruin the next chase.

Comment

Nobody desperate enough to figure it out AND go get it will waste time on any of this hi pathical stuff. Watch.

Comment

Working...
                              X