Meaning behind Teeth of the Rockies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meaning behind Teeth of the Rockies

I think it means something, can’t put my finger on it. But now a toothbrush holder on ebay. Your thoughts?
    Happiness is the best revenge.......... yes, I am talking to you.

I think he is poking fun at us all. He has said:

If you wear a smile to the right spot you will wear a grin going home. f

Perhaps one only needs to use a toothbrush to clear the muck away from the teeth at the right spot. Perhaps then with your flashlight you might see the target.

Comment

Originally posted by Dampenedmyth View Post
      I think he is poking fun at us all. He has said:

If you wear a smile to the right spot you will wear a grin going home. f

Perhaps one only needs to use a toothbrush to clear the muck away from the teeth at the right spot. Perhaps then with your flashlight you might see the target.
      IMO he's not poking fun at us all, he's talking to the lead searcher. First your collection of old maps and now this. Think!

Comment

I think all of his quotes talk to everyone. I’m not sure he believed anyone would figure out what he really means when he says things.

What we should all fear isn’t the lead searcher but one who is in the lead and is no longer a searcher.

Comment

I'd just like to point out that the mouth of the rockies is in NM.

Comment

Teeth are white; I immediately think snowcapped Rockies above timberline, but that's brushing against being out of range depending on where you are.

There's a Tongue River in Wyoming.

Meowthful sabertooth

Yet the brush holder came before the teeth:

https://dalneitzel.com/2014/12/14/sc...ndred-fifteen/

But doesn't appear to be the same one for sale now:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cast-bronze...RgAAOSw4A9cjsv U

The two guys smiling in the same shirt in the SB don't appear to be the same either. Frogs only have upper teeth.

Wisdom teeth are 1, 16, 17, and 32.

Human teeth break up food for gut feelings.
            Last edited by CRM114; 03-24-2019, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post
              Teeth are white; I immediately think snowcapped Rockies above timberline, but that's brushing against being out of range depending on where you are.

There's a Tongue River in Wyoming.

Meowthful sabertooth

Yet the brush holder came before the teeth:

https://dalneitzel.com/2014/12/14/sc...ndred-fifteen/

But doesn't appear to be the same one for sale now:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cast-bronze...RgAAOSw4A9cjsv U

The two guys smiling in the same shirt in the SB don't appear to be the same either. Frogs only have upper teeth.

Wisdom teeth are 1, 16, 17, and 32.

Human teeth break up food for gut feelings.
              sure is green isnt it....
              My post self destruct without notice..

Comment

Originally posted by M.c.B. View Post

IMO he's not poking fun at us all, he's talking to the lead searcher.
                Means something to me, but I won't say what it is at this time. Maybe I'll say in July or so

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                  I think it means something, can’t put my finger on it. But now a toothbrush holder on ebay. Your thoughts?
                  Maybe a reference to some of the local wildlife (animals) there. Or else cactus or thorns. Why? The answer I all ready know.

Comment

"Teeth Of The Rockies is a photograph by Forrest Shaw which was uploaded on October 12th, 2015."

Comment

Originally posted by TreasureCodex View Post
                      "Teeth Of The Rockies is a photograph by Forrest Shaw which was uploaded on October 12th, 2015."
                      Nice! In Glacier National Park. Doubtful that it's a coincidence given the photographer's first name and the date it was uploaded.

Comment

Somebody email him and ask him where he's been. (Not it).

Comment

Originally posted by Vaquero
                          Why does it always feel like you have an unfair advantage? I'm just talking, I doubt your ideas are too incredibly brilliant.
                          My, you sound like a pleasant sort of fellow.

" It will be discovered by someone who has read the clues successfully." ff

Comment

Originally posted by Vaquero
                            I wonder if flying into the teeth of something is in line with a fly in the face.? Or maybe someone has the chest in hand and these announcements are meant to have this much BITE. Puttin' on my "good" ears. What do you think it means kpro? You always start a conversation and don't participate in the discussion until someone points it out, what gives? Why does it always feel like you have an unfair advantage? I'm just talking, I doubt your ideas are too incredibly brilliant.
                            Maybe someone has the chest? IMO no. I think Forrest would know and he would announce it.

I don’t know what to think. Hence the OP. This may be hard to believe, but I don’t pretend to know all the answers (like some), when I have a question, I ask it. You say, on your first day here, that I “Always” start a conversation and don’t participate. Hmmmm. I don’t see it that way, I have thousands of posts and participate lots. I actually have been accused of posting or chatting too much on particular subjects. I have this great you tube channel that I meet a cow on each week and I get my word count up there too. Opinions at every turn. I am a chatty Kathy. That is with a K, dontchano.

But when I am asking others for their thoughts, why stifle it with my guesses? That is the worst for a forum. You may not know that, being your first day and all. I want to hear from others. Posts like yours will stifle that. Yes, some think they know it all, I don’t happen to be one of those people. Maybe you will see my participation in the future on posts or better yet search the archives. Being new, first day and all , maybe you don’t know that I own this forum and sometimes I also throw out points for discussion. To keep the new thoughts happening. I had to do that a fair amount, back in the day when there was not a lot of users, but now this place kind of keeps itself going now that is has become a place for lots of searchers to discuss lots of things. Sometimes I post because I am bored and want to converse its my peeps here. Sometimes I have genuine questions, like this one from a great set of searchers. I put on my searcher hat on this one as I have no solid idea. Probably because it is a new situation with this quote and it has not been discussed to death, or because, like you suggest, I just aint that “incredibly brilliant”, that are some big words for this little ole redneck.

Unfair advantage? I guess so, I post here as I please. I pay the bills, so I get to do that. Actually, everybody gets to do that, without worry of being bullied or harassed. That is the vibe here. Some like it, some don’t. And, by the way, I do have one advantage over most. The owner often times agrees with me on the decisions made here. I don’t have to take sh*t off anybody, whether they think I am brilliant or not. I tend to give people more chances than I should, or that is the feedback I am given, just wanted you to have info on your first day

Welcome, be bold, maybe it helps you get through the day, but we actually have rules here, so tread lightly with how far you want to push that line. I welcome you as long as you go by the rules, want to make sure you know about them. Don’t mind me, I am just talking.

Comment

Darn it, derailed my own thread. I need to learn how to fish, and NOT take the bait.... doh! See what I did there

Comment

Working...
                              X