Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Straight forward solution or maybe themed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight forward solution or maybe themed?

I'm big on a poker themed solve right now.

What do you think?
    Is the winning solve super straight forward, straight forward, something in between or is it themed????
    The Hero with an F in Good - has redeeming qualities that make part of him want to be a hero out of a desire to do good or the right thing. This character almost invariably has a checkered or mysterious past, or a bad reputation.

Shiver my timbers, shiver my sails, DEAD! MEN! TELL! NO! TALES!

Originally posted by BiggishShoes View Post

What do you think?
    Is the winning solve super straight forward, straight forward, something in between or is it themed????
    Both.

Comment

Originally posted by M.c.B. View Post

Both.
      All things considered, i tend to agree
      The Hero with an F in Good - has redeeming qualities that make part of him want to be a hero out of a desire to do good or the right thing. This character almost invariably has a checkered or mysterious past, or a bad reputation.

Comment

Themed?

I would love a poker theme. But what exactly do you mean?
        Happiness is the best revenge.......... yes, I am talking to you.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
          Themed?

I would love a poker theme. But what exactly do you mean?
          Sorry if i wasn't clear, do people think the poem has a theme like Lewis & Clark, Buffalo Bill, Trains, Planes?
          Or, is it go here, turn left, straight on, collect?

Comment

Sorry if i wasn't clear, do people think the poem has a theme like Lewis & Clark, Buffalo Bill, Trains, Planes?
            Or, is it go here, turn left, straight on, collect?
            I would jump up and down if it was poker themed. Do we have any significant evidence that poker is the theme?

Comment

He was constrained by the words of the poem, there is no theme.
              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
              --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

IMO: There's a definite theme in the poem, but it's not necessary to solve the poem. The book hints are themed in many cases.

Comment

What do you think?
                  It's straight forward, in the middle, and super. It's got me tired.

Comment

I would jump up and down if it was poker themed. Do we have any significant evidence that poker is the theme?
                    just a huge list of coincidental confirmation bias poker and poem related words
                    https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...lly-flop-poker

for me, i have not seen anything else that anyone has ever written about the chase with this amount of similarities.

Comment

just a huge list of coincidental confirmation bias poker and poem related words
                      https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...lly-flop-poker

for me, i have not seen anything else that anyone has ever been written about the chase with this amount of similarities.
                      Has F ever been known to play poker? In any significant form?

Comment

Has F ever been known to play poker? In any significant form?
                        This i don't know. He did like a gamble though, he got the bracelet from a pool game. They played a lot of poker in the airforce. To my knowledge he hasn't mention poker which seems a bit odd.

I really don't know, but the the amount of words that are poker and poem related really stands out.

Comment

This i don't know. He did like a gamble though, he got the bracelet from a pool game. They played a lot of poker in the airforce. To my knowledge he hasn't mention poker which seems a bit odd.

I really don't know, but the the amount of words that are poker and poem related really stands out.
                          It is kind of my new hobby. And My first World Series is coming up (and no, not the World Series of fenn)......... there is so much irony and now I have a new rabbit hole.......

Comment

It is kind of my new hobby. And My first World Series is coming up (and no, not the World Series of fenn)......... there is so much irony and now I have a new rabbit hole.......
                            Check that list i made, there's even quotes from the book that make sense in a poker light such as calling him a donkey in searching for lewis and clark and "driving down the street looking for the blaze", abberitional words that aren't real words like yawking and quadplet.

It's a sign you're going to be a good poker player

Have a look down the rabbit hole and see what you think.
                            Last edited by BiggishShoes; 03-25-2019, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Check that list i made, there's even quotes from the book that make sense in a poker light such as calling him a donkey in searching for lewis and clark and "driving down the street looking for the blaze", abberitional words that aren't real words like yawking and quadlet.

It's a sign you're going to be a good poker player

Have a look down the rabbit hole and see what you think.
                              Another million dollar prize is up for grabs.

Comment

Working...
                              X