No announcement yet.

Who Belives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understanding wwwh is only the first step in a very long journey.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Maus View Post

I don't think that WWWH has to do with water at all. It deals with waters.
      But can you tip your toe in it?
      Happiness is the best revenge.......... yes, I am talking to you.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post

I could bet it's "a name" on a map, just like the "canyon down", a "simple"... name.

Comment

It is somewhere that you can tip your toe into...... or that is what I have heard
          Can you confirm that it was a geological feature that was confirmed, and the question can you tip your toe in it, is not confirmed as a positive or a negative answer?
          The Hero with an F in Good - has redeeming qualities that make part of him want to be a hero out of a desire to do good or the right thing. This character almost invariably has a checkered or mysterious past, or a bad reputation.

Shiver my timbers, shiver my sails, DEAD! MEN! TELL! NO! TALES!

Comment

Originally posted by BiggishShoes View Post

Can you confirm that it was a geological feature that was confirmed, and the question can you tip your toe in it, is not confirmed as a positive or a negative answer?
            Not sure how to define that. It seems several searchers have been asked what the temperature was when you tipped your toe in wwwh. Scott sent him a photo of him with his foot in water. I tend to agree with that conclusion. Warm. water.
            Happiness is the best revenge.......... yes, I am talking to you.

Comment

WWWH is not found on conventional maps. There are maps that show it, but most people have never seen this kind of map.
              Maybe if you are a pilot you have

Comment

Not sure how to define that. It seems several searchers have been asked what the temperature was when you tipped your toe in wwwh. Scott sent him a photo of him with his foot in water. I tend to agree with that conclusion. Warm. water.
                welli guess if he was given an answer he would know if the person had the correct location or not..if i was aked that i would have to say 98.6 but its not a place and that the temperature is not the answer.. i wonder if he would smile or roll his eyes.
                Last edited by onekeyword; 03-24-2019, 09:33 PM.
                My post self destruct without notice..

Comment

WWWH is not found on conventional maps. There are maps that show it, but most people have never seen this kind of map.
                  I would make a small change in this sentence:

WWWH is not found on current maps. There are maps that show it, but most people have never look for this kind of map.

Comment

I smiled when I tipped my toes in. IMO he would have done the same.

Comment

Yes...if you really wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman View Post

Maybe if you are a pilot you have
                        Not on a aeronautical chart either. With the exception of the map symbols and other aeronautical features the, a map used by a pilot is little different than the map used by a Girl Scout.

Comment

Originally posted by M.c.B. View Post

What I've noticed is that a lot of people think WWWH has something to do with the hot springs in Yellowstone. Many relate WWWH with Madison Junction.
                          Still others are looking for inactive hot springs, names that relate to warm waters, altitudes where water condenses, melted snow, rivers formed by water of thaw, clouds, etc ....
                          that's trippy!
                          https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U " If you know where the treasure is ...You should go get it."

Comment

I would make a small change in this sentence:

WWWH is not found on current maps. There are maps that show it, but most people have never look for this kind of map.
                            I disagree and think it is found on current maps, but I believe you are correct that most people never think to look for this kind of map. Fenn said a good map would help. He didn't say old, new, higher resolution, borrowed or blue. He said good, and that can mean a lot including a different kind of map that most people aren't used to. When I first thought of a good map detailed topos came to mind, but now I think that a good map isn't just 7.5 minute quad. It is a map that shows things that a Rand McNalley road atlas doesn't no matter how high its resolution is.

EDIT: I am not saying that this is a "Good map" nor am I saying this is the kind of map that I am referring to, but you can see that there is a lot more out there when it comes to maps then the one you use to get to grandma's house. I can already hear people crying, "Specialized knowledge," but there is nothing specialized here unless you were raised to find Encyclopedia Britannica specialized knowledge. They give these out for free at the Yellowstone visitor's centers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Yelgeomap.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	87829
                            Last edited by Maus; 03-24-2019, 10:38 PM.

Comment

I disagree and think it is found on current maps, but I believe you are correct that most people never think to look for this kind of map. Fenn said a good map would help. He didn't say old, new, higher resolution, borrowed or blue. He said good, and that can mean a lot including a different kind of map that most people aren't used to. When I first thought of a good map detailed topos came to mind, but now I think that a good map isn't just 7.5 minute quad. It is a map that shows things that a Rand McNalley road atlas doesn't no matter how high its resolution is.

EDIT: I am not saying that this is a "Good map" nor am I saying this is the kind of map that I am referring to, but you can see that there is a lot more out there when it comes to maps then the one you use to get to grandma's house. I can already hear people crying, "Specialized knowledge," but there is nothing specialized here unless you were raised to find Encyclopedia Britannica specialized knowledge. They give these out for free at the Yellowstone visitor's centers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Yelgeomap.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	87829
                              Looking at Forrest Fenn, what he did for a lifetime, the things he likes, the kind of reference to the hidden treasures he does, do you really believe he would use modern, topographical or satellite maps? What kind of maps do treasure adventures use? Antique maps, scrolls, engraved in leather. Think about it: if almost everything on the chest is old, if the words used in the poem have old usage, if the only TTOTC map is old, why should we think the correct map is modern? And not an old one? I can state that the only relevant WWWH, which has all the clues in sequence and ends exactly as described in stanza 6, I found it on a map of RMs produced in the late 19th century. WWWH and "canyon down" are on this map. So I am saying openly that in a few weeks I will do my last BOTG, and I am going confidently.
                              For now it's all just assumptions, without the chest ... yet.

Comment

Looking at Forrest Fenn, what he did for a lifetime, the things he likes, the kind of reference to the hidden treasures he does, do you really believe he would use modern, topographical or satellite maps? What kind of maps do treasure adventures use? Antique maps, scrolls, engraved in leather. Think about it: if almost everything on the chest is old, if the words used in the poem have old usage, if the only TTOTC map is old, why should we think the correct map is modern? And not an old one? I can state that the only relevant WWWH, which has all the clues in sequence and ends exactly as described in stanza 6, I found it on a map of RMs produced in the late 19th century. WWWH and "canyon down" are on this map. So I am saying openly that in a few weeks I will do my last BOTG, and I am going confidently.
                                For now it's all just assumptions, without the chest ... yet.

"...and hint of riches new and old "

Geology is what brought us to the West. Geological maps are as old as the West. Modern geophysical maps are little more than recent refinements on the original old ones.

Hints, old, new.

Yes I do believe that he would use modern maps. He did just sell files full of them after all. Traditionalism is sweet and warm, but above all Fenn is an opportunist. He gladly exploits any advantage he can get his hands on.

Yes, Forrest Fenn would, has and does use modern maps.

Fenn recommended Google Earth.

Good luck on your trip. Being that you are going out soon tells me you are not searching where my confidence rests.
                                Last edited by Maus; 03-25-2019, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X