No announcement yet.

The chase on the decline?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am only a year in so I don't have a good frame of reference, however, just in that time it seems as though things have indeed slowed down. IMO the slow down can be due to many factors. It all seems to have started early last fall. People started dropping out. AGK first then others. Then the sense last fall that someone was very close. Then the 6 questions. Look at all the youtubers who are gone or significantly slowed down:

AGK-Slowed Down/Quit Searching
    FTH-Slowed Down
    Man Alone-Slowed Down
    Kpro-Slowed Down
    Diggin Gypsy-Quit Searching
    Flip Side-Slowed Down
    AdFennturer-Nothing new
    Odious Soul-Slowed some (I realize she worked on the ihunt and has her wedding)
    Even RFHecky has slowed somewhat
    WyMust IGo-Slowed Down
    Wetheril Guy - Gone
    Mark Chapman-Gone

I'm sure I'm missing others. Inversely, the rate of new youtubers joining since January seems to have slowed as well.

It bums me out a bit and makes me wish I found this Chase sooner than I did. Nonetheless, I hope that as the snow melts and we get into May that interest will pick up and everyone will get excited again about going out searching. I know I will.

Comment

Google Trends shows the level of interest at this time of year is about the same as other years. At least for the search term "Forrest Fenn"

Comment

Originally posted by Anon Anon View Post
        I am only a year in so I don't have a good frame of reference, however, just in that time it seems as though things have indeed slowed down. IMO the slow down can be due to many factors. It all seems to have started early last fall. People started dropping out. AGK first then others. Then the sense last fall that someone was very close. Then the 6 questions. Look at all the youtubers who are gone or significantly slowed down:

FTH-Slowed Down
        Man Alone-Slowed Down
        Kpro-Slowed Down
        Flip Side-Slowed Down
        AdFennturer-Nothing new
        WyMust IGo-Slowed Down
        Wetheril Guy - Gone
        Mark Chapman-Gone

I'm sure I'm missing others. Inversely, the rate of new youtubers joining since January seems to have slowed as well.

It bums me out a bit and makes me wish I found this Chase sooner than I did. Nonetheless, I hope that as the snow melts and we get into May that interest will pick up and everyone will get excited again about going out searching. I know I will.
        I do not think the interest has diminished. It was the interaction between researchers that declined. I believe it is due to murmurs that the poem has been solved, which has slowed down the intense communication among the hunters of Fenn's ark. Those who have given up are just resting their minds for something new to come.

Comment

"Hasn't been marketed much" ?

Amtrak
          Enterprise
          New York Times
          Forbes
          ABC News/Nightline
          NBC/Today Show
          CBS
          United Hemispheres Magazine
          The Independent
          Esquire
          The Daily Beast
          Newsweek
          The Wall Street Journal
          The Washington Post
          Radio New Zealand
          NPR
          The Huffington Post
          CNBC
          MSNBC
          Westword
          FOX
          The Daily Mail
          Macleans
          People
          The Guardian
          Direct Expose
          Houston Public Media
          The Holland Sentinel
          Earth Magazine
          New York Daily News
          Golf Digest
          Club Thrifty
          U.S. News & World Report
          Wired
          International Opulence
          Business Insider
          True West Magazine
          Washington Times
          Money
          Backpacker
          Robb Report
          Country Living Magazine
          Nexus
          The Telegraph
          Book Reader Magazine
          The Economist
          Yahoo
          BBC News . . .

just sayin' . . .

" It will be discovered by someone who has read the clues successfully." ff

Comment

FTH-Slowed Down
            Man Alone-Slowed Down
            Kpro-Slowed Down
            Flip Side-Slowed Down
            AdFennturer-Nothing new
            WyMust IGo-Slowed Down
            Wetheril Guy - Gone
            Mark Chapman-Gone

If there is any slow down, it may be, at least partially, attributable to the growing consensus that there does seem to be one person - the Hunter - who has solved the poem.

Prior to this belief in the existence of the Hunter, there was a much more frenetic pace by Searchers who were anxious in their rush to solve the poem and find the chest, to the point that they may have been engaging in BOTG experiences that were not well thought out and, in some cases, dangerous and even deadly.

Now, with the possibility that the Hunter does exist, Searchers may be taking a more realistic, honest look at their own solves and realizing that they cannot move with confidence to find/retrieve the chest. That being the case, there may be more thought applied before incurring costs for additional BOTG experiences and maybe we'll see bursts of commentary as breakthroughs are made versus a steady stream of rehashed hypothesis, conjecture and false claims.

That realization of a Hunter is bringing resignation and relief to the community of long time Searchers. As new Searchers join the Chase, their enthusiasm is usually a result of naivete and youthful (in terms of their newness to the Chase) hopefulness or more grave desperation. To those people, I would say, be careful, temper and pace yourselves and don't let the Chase consume you. Especially if you believe "the end is ever drawing nigh."

IMO,

Peace,

O.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
              this is good news for those who want less competition while searching but perhaps not such good news for those selling chase related T-shirts and magic 8-balls.
              Competition is always good as long as it's fair; I'm more concerned about how I get my hands on the chase related magic 8-ball and why am I only hearing about this now. Come on; I could really use one; does it have answers to the clues?

If it's selling for $666 on eBay I happen to have that exact amount on hand; do you have a link or is it missing?

Comment

The chase will get a big boost when all those who know for sure where the chest is this year race to the spot in an epic "Its a Mad, mad, mad world" finale worthy of the nightly news.

https://youtu.be/w3DOHvR1-yw

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post
                  The chase will get a big boost when all those who know for sure where the chest is this year race to the spot in an epic "Its a Mad, mad, mad world" finale worthy of the nightly news.

https://youtu.be/w3DOHvR1-yw
                  Hmmm ....

Comment

FTH-Slowed Down
                    Man Alone-Slowed Down
                    Kpro-Slowed Down
                    Flip Side-Slowed Down
                    AdFennturer-Nothing new
                    WyMust IGo-Slowed Down
                    Wetheril Guy - Gone
                    Mark Chapman-Gone

I didnt slow down by choice. Just wait, hope to be back and then some. But it depends on things out of my control right now. Odious soul explained her rationale, and some of can’t, yet.

I think RF Hecky is as strong as ever, so just deletes her stuff after. Davio too. What about IIWWII, Men are so Smart, Joe Monday, Rambling Pam, and a few others out there. There are plenty putting some out, but I do understand your point.

And this hunt is much more than the year of the tubers (and there implosion of the tubers). I think it is much more obvious on the you tube front since it is obvious to see. But when Dale says it, he has much more data to go off of, so it makes me pause.

On the forums, only the last month has there been a drop since THOR started about 1.5 yers ago but I put that to the time of year. We are still getting new users and content / postings consistently. And CC just put up their ad revenue numbers today, and I am happy to report, it seems our traffic must be higher, since the ad revenue is higher. Wow. Ads only been up a month and the slowest month even since THOR started and it is higher.
                    Happiness is the best revenge.......... yes, I am talking to you.

Comment

Originally posted by FennMaster View Post

Competition is always good as long as it's fair; I'm more concerned about how I get my hands on the chase related magic 8-ball and why am I only hearing about this now. Come on; I could really use one; does it have answers to the clues?

If it's selling for $666 on eBay I happen to have that exact amount on hand; do you have a link or is it missing?
                      I will put a call into my favorite Cow and see if he can help me put soemthing on ebay, I think my son has one of those 8 ball toys somewhere, and I can tape a FF poker chip on it - does that count?

Comment

I will put a call into my favorite Cow and see if he can help me put soemthing on ebay, I think my son has one of those 8 ball toys somewhere, and I can tape a FF poker chip on it - does that count?
                        Sounds good; but price went down to $6.66 + the value of the poker chip; sorry.

Comment

.... Men are so Smart, ....
                          I agree. Oh; nevermind it looks like it's a username and not a statement; not so smart after all.

Comment

FTH-Slowed Down
                            Man Alone-Slowed Down
                            Kpro-Slowed Down
                            Flip Side-Slowed Down
                            AdFennturer-Nothing new
                            WyMust IGo-Slowed Down
                            Wetheril Guy - Gone
                            Mark Chapman-Gone

Hi AnonAnon: I wouldn't put Diggin in the "quit searching" category. I'd say it's more like "quit posting" due to searcher antagonism. She certainly hasn't thrown in the towel, and is probably among the top 1% of searchers in terms of having it figured out.

Comment

Sounds good; but price went down to $6.66 + the value of the poker chip; sorry.
                              Another profit.......

Comment

I agree. Oh; nevermind it looks like it's a username and not a statement; not so smart after all.
                                Oh you went there......

Comment

Working...
                                X