The Finder's Book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 3 "Drawing Nigh"

When I first read the "poem" I thought, there is nothing here that makes any sense to me. Then I re-read it very c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y, very slowly, and guess what I was right!! What was this man thinking? What was he saying? What was he trying to tell "yours truly"? I mean, I always thought in poetry the author would be speaking to me, howbeit in some round about way. After all, I have read some poems in school. At times, I was even gifted with the gift of memorizing of some very long and boring poems by "great" authors of the which, I never seen or even heard of before! Then she would allow me to get up before all of my classmates and quote "Said" poem. Something I always, never under any circumstances, looked forward to! I will say that I would rather eat spinach three times a day than be up there. I guess I felt like I always got "The heavy Loads with Water High" especially when I got my report card! But, don't tell my parents! Oh well, let's cut to "the Chase!" So after many, many hours!.. Oh, I'm not fooling ya'll! Many, many days at home in my bedroom, with every thing pushed to the side, Not Far, but, Too Far To Talk. Or until my wife or my little girl, or one of my two boys, or my wife and girl at the same time, or my little girl and one of her brothers at the same time, would knock upon my door. Then I would say Yellow, come on in. You got to love family time! BTW, I got an awesome, awesome family! I love them to death! I wish everyone had one like mine. After everything settled , it was Take it in the Canyon Down! and on with the hunt! I was searching for the Home of Brown! once again, and again, and again! It didn't take long for me to realized I was hooked on this poem and on the strangest man , I never met!
    Last edited by Wraith14u; 03-25-2019, 06:06 PM.
    https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U " If you know where the treasure is ...You should go get it."

Comment

Chapter 4

Proof Read!

Let me first start off by saying am in no way an author or any type of writer. Thank God for autocorrect ! And typewriters! no pun intending. That's a keyboard for all you youngsters. You will find that there are particular items that any searcher "worth his/her salt" will be a "absolutely must have" to complete their solve. For some it is every old map of "Those Glorious Rockies" that one can find or afford. Others it may be a "customized" metal detector or, some other apparatus by their side to give that all important the edge . Now,this is very hard for me to do you understand! Because " have kept my secret where" and never shared this with anyone, but here goes My secret weapon of choice, the one pull out when everything else fails , the one item you absolutely positivity got to have, and cannot solve the Chase without ! Is YOUTUBE! would still be beating my head against my pc screen, and losing all my marbles and most of my sleep, if it were not for YT. everything need to know about the Chase is on there. But just not the right solve of course! If you don't have all the answers by now my top suggestion is YT. The runner-up for me is google. A very handy dandy tool in every lead searcher's belt. But do we really have the time to scroll thru all the web pages looking for that ever elusive hint that will fit into our coveted solve? No, say look it up on youtube! A couple of clicks and set back and watch the show. But getting back to business at hand, our solves, let me tell you a little about mine. You see, after so willing poisoned myself with that brain bending mind manipulating masterpiece! Something odd began happened! actually quite astonishing , for me at least, the more studied those infectious words. The more my eyes began begain to GO!, what an enlightenment! What revelation! was so plain! This is so easy! Everything was just falling into place. got to the point that actually got scared. couldn't understand ? see it , it's plain as day! Somebody is going to beat me to it. Honey, get the kids, pack the bags! Hurry, get in the car! We've got to go! NOW! So off we go, to somewhere we never been, looking for something we are really not sure if it even exist, being lead by a poem we didn't understand! Only to find ourselves with No Paddle Up Our Creek! Then got my first answer, the revelation of "Heavy Loads and Water High!" So, now its no more BOTG for me but "Let's go on vacation next week, Hunny". And well, must admit, after a somewhat bruised ego, no chest and well used debit card. We found out selves on the way home. However we were taking the wonderful treasure of the Rockies in our mind and some sense of accomplishment back home. So go ahead and make the same mistake we made and do yourself and your family a favor this summer, take them on a rewarding quest to the Rockies! You just might get a treasure without the chest, and a little something for that bruised head all those hours of pouring over google and YT of yes last years sore ego! Just remember "Tarry Scant With Marvel Gaze!" proof read and follow the clues precisely! You never know you just might end up with that trovinious chest!
      Last edited by Wraith14u; 03-25-2019, 01:20 PM.
      https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U " If you know where the treasure is ...You should go get it."

Comment

Originally posted by Tur-a-neu

I'd like to see the treasure map drawn.
        I like your ideas - there has to be some unique insight though - It reminds me of when I taught a unit on Romeo and Juliet. There was already so much going on about feuds and gangs in the community that I focused the last assignment on a cultural issue -- arranged marriage or marriage based on love first. The students could not say some of each but had to commit to one or the other. It resulted in highly interesting thoughts and concepts. Perhaps there is more to the Chase than a modern day gold rush - something much more - so I hope to read someday.
        A lot can and I assume will be said of the quest and the modern rekindling of an ancient rite. I'm not sure how people would take it though. Magical realism in the Weird West. Also unsure how far it needs to go into the specifics - enough to assist with the Monument aim I think.
        "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

Minha solução em metáforas.

A manhã estava fria, pois o inverno chegou ao seu fim a poucos dias. A Água Quente estava muito agradável, mas eu tinha que Interromper meu banho, senão perderia o horário do café da manhã.
          Tranquei a porta e desci por uma Calçada de Pedras já desgastadas pelo tempo, mas que não havia perdido seu charme. Meu chalé ficava na parte alta do terreno. Não ficava Longe, mas era Longe o suficiente para eu me arrepender por não vestir uma blusa.
          Um corredor levava até um salão no andar de baixo de um grande prédio coberto de pequenas rochas Marrons, onde serviam o desjejum. Lá fora a brisa estava muito fria, era Selvagem para quem havia apreciado um banho quente a pouco.
          Estava bem perto o Fim do corredor quando notei que estava indo pelo Lado Errado do hall e que teria que me sentar ao lado uma parede enorme que Bloqueava a entrada do sol da manhã.
          Pela janela do outro lado do salão eu poderia ver que havia um jardim que subia a encosta da colina onde estava assentado o Prédio principal do hotel e as Piscinas que com certeza fariam os hóspedes felizes no verão.
          Usei um pouco de Esperteza e ocupei uma mesa que ficava bem próxima do Fogo de uma lareira, e isso me animou.
          Bem no meio da paisagem que eu via pela janela, havia uma escada conduzindo os hóspedes que desejam uma Vista Panorâmica do vale, que é desenhado por um grande rio cercado por pinheiros de onde se eleva uma neblina fina que se parece com o trigo que dança com os ventos fortes antes da colheita e desenha Ondas suaves.
          Seguindo a escada há Trilhas que saem pelas bordas e levam a mirantes dos dois lados. E um pouco mais adiante, já fora das trilhas, à esquerda, há um Bosque de aspem e salgueiros que estão entrincheirados na base da montanha que faz a sombra da tarde cair sobre o vale.
          Bem no centro do bosque repousam duas lápides de mármore com o nome dos antigos donos do lugar, um casal que era admirado pelos que os conheciam.
          No centro, em um Mármore Negro, você pode ler:
          “Vivemos juntos o que fomos atribuídos para viver.”
          Era uma Visão Maravilhosa. Um santuário construído por Deus e enfeitado pelo amor de duas pessoas.
          Uma pena que o Tempo não Pára nos momentos em que estamos mais felizes.

Here is automatic translation. I did not correct, so forgive me for some mistake.

My solution in metaphors.

The morning was cold, for winter came to an end a few days later. The Hot Water was very nice, but I had to Interrupt my bath, otherwise I would miss breakfast time.
          I locked the door and Walked Down a sidewalk that was already worn by time but had not lost its charm. My cottage was on the high ground. It was Not Far, but it was far enough for me to regret not wearing a sweater.
          A corridor led to a hall downstairs of a large building covered with small Brown rocks, where they served breakfast. Outside the breeze was very cold, it was Wild for those who had enjoyed a little hot bath.
          It was very close to the End of the hall when I noticed that I was going down the Wrong Side of the hall and that I would have to sit next to a huge wall blocking the entrance of the morning sun.
          Through the window on the other side of the room I could see that there was a garden up the hillside where the hotel's main Building and the Pools were set which would surely make the guests happy in the summer.
          I used a bit of Cleverness and I occupied a table that was very close to the Fire of a fireplace, and it cheered me up.
          Right in the middle of the landscape I saw through the window was a staircase leading guests wanting a Panoramic View of the valley, which is drawn by a large river surrounded by pine trees from which a fine haze rises that looks like wheat that dances with strong winds before harvesting and draw soft waves.
          Following the stairs there are Trails that go out along the Edges and lead to lookouts on both sides. And a little further on, out of the tracks, to the left, there is a forest of aspem and willows that are entrenched at the base of the mountain that makes the afternoon shadow fall on the valley.
          In the center of the woods lie two marble tombstones named after the owners of the place, a couple who were admired by those who knew them.
          In the center, on a Black Marble, you can read:
          "We lived together what we were assigned to live."
          It was a Marvelous Vision. A sanctuary built by God and adorned by the love of two people.
          It is very sad that Time does not stop at the times when we are happier.

Comment

Originally posted by M.c.B. View Post
            Minha solução em metáforas.

A manhã estava fria, pois o inverno chegou ao seu fim a poucos dias. A Água Quente estava muito agradável, mas eu tinha que Interromper meu banho, senão perderia o horário do café da manhã.
            Tranquei a porta e desci por uma Calçada de Pedras já desgastadas pelo tempo, mas que não havia perdido seu charme. Meu chalé ficava na parte alta do terreno. Não ficava Longe, mas era Longe o suficiente para eu me arrepender por não vestir uma blusa.
            Um corredor levava até um salão no andar de baixo de um grande prédio coberto de pequenas rochas Marrons, onde serviam o desjejum. Lá fora a brisa estava muito fria, era Selvagem para quem havia apreciado um banho quente a pouco.
            Estava bem perto o Fim do corredor quando notei que estava indo pelo Lado Errado do hall e que teria que me sentar ao lado uma parede enorme que Bloqueava a entrada do sol da manhã.
            Pela janela do outro lado do salão eu poderia ver que havia um jardim que subia a encosta da colina onde estava assentado o Prédio principal do hotel e as Piscinas que com certeza fariam os hóspedes felizes no verão.
            Usei um pouco de Esperteza e ocupei uma mesa que ficava bem próxima do Fogo de uma lareira, e isso me animou.
            Bem no meio da paisagem que eu via pela janela, havia uma escada conduzindo os hóspedes que desejam uma Vista Panorâmica do vale, que é desenhado por um grande rio cercado por pinheiros de onde se eleva uma neblina fina que se parece com o trigo que dança com os ventos fortes antes da colheita e desenha Ondas suaves.
            Seguindo a escada há Trilhas que saem pelas bordas e levam a mirantes dos dois lados. E um pouco mais adiante, já fora das trilhas, à esquerda, há um Bosque de aspem e salgueiros que estão entrincheirados na base da montanha que faz a sombra da tarde cair sobre o vale.
            Bem no centro do bosque repousam duas lápides de mármore com o nome dos antigos donos do lugar, um casal que era admirado pelos que os conheciam.
            No centro, em um Mármore Negro, você pode ler:
            “Vivemos juntos o que fomos atribuídos para viver.”
            Era uma Visão Maravilhosa. Um santuário construído por Deus e enfeitado pelo amor de duas pessoas.
            Uma pena que o Tempo não Pára nos momentos em que estamos mais felizes.

Here is automatic translation. I did not correct, so forgive me for some mistake.

My solution in metaphors.

The morning was cold, for winter came to an end a few days later. The Hot Water was very nice, but I had to Interrupt my bath, otherwise I would miss breakfast time.
            I locked the door and Walked Down a sidewalk that was already worn by time but had not lost its charm. My cottage was on the high ground. It was Not Far, but it was far enough for me to regret not wearing a sweater.
            A corridor led to a hall downstairs of a large building covered with small Brown rocks, where they served breakfast. Outside the breeze was very cold, it was Wild for those who had enjoyed a little hot bath.
            It was very close to the End of the hall when I noticed that I was going down the Wrong Side of the hall and that I would have to sit next to a huge wall blocking the entrance of the morning sun.
            Through the window on the other side of the room I could see that there was a garden up the hillside where the hotel's main Building and the Pools were set which would surely make the guests happy in the summer.
            I used a bit of Cleverness and I occupied a table that was very close to the Fire of a fireplace, and it cheered me up.
            Right in the middle of the landscape I saw through the window was a staircase leading guests wanting a Panoramic View of the valley, which is drawn by a large river surrounded by pine trees from which a fine haze rises that looks like wheat that dances with strong winds before harvesting and draw soft waves.
            Following the stairs there are Trails that go out along the Edges and lead to lookouts on both sides. And a little further on, out of the tracks, to the left, there is a forest of aspem and willows that are entrenched at the base of the mountain that makes the afternoon shadow fall on the valley.
            In the center of the woods lie two marble tombstones named after the owners of the place, a couple who were admired by those who knew them.
            In the center, on a Black Marble, you can read:
            "We lived together what we were assigned to live."
            It was a Marvelous Vision. A sanctuary built by God and adorned by the love of two people.
            It is very sad that Time does not stop at the times when we are happier.
            True my friend. I see at times like now , new stones and people with large hearts and time goes on forever.That is the way I would live . With no words to say. For time is here for us. I must work with what I have set before me. As others have. Truly thankful! For a place to occupy with my new friends, that have very helpful in my time of need.
            Last edited by Wraith14u; 03-23-2019, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by M.c.B. View Post
              Chapter 1 - Learning English.
              the turkey need summer school see above

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post

the turkey need summer school see above
                Turkish? no.... Brazilian.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
                  I wonder what would the title be?
                  It's going to good night "that's with a B "

Comment

Originally posted by OneMoreBOTG View Post

I agree with this. What are the parallels that can be drawn between the finder and Fenn? Do they think alike?
                    Here here I agree

Comment

What a great idea ! Well I can imagine if it was me then the first thing I would do is ask F to collaborate on the book. After all, he's a professional writer and I'm not. He has all the details having lived the chase for many many years. The duality of perspective I think would be interesting. Of course the story of my chase but with time lines and details from F. I,m of the opinion that there is a vast amount of detail in layers to this story. I know alone, I would not do it justice. Also it would be cool to sit and chat around the fire and hear the stories with him. I agree, best not to reveal the solve too soon because if so, who will buy the book lol. Ah well, its fun to dream...….

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post
                        If the finder is an artist at all then I'd like to see some of their work. I think it might be cool if instead of providing the full solve they they drew a treasure map that had to be interpreted.

What about broader topics like how the Chase fits into popular culture and/or American history? It seems like they might have some unique insight.

I also think laying it out like a story would be a cool way of doing it, where we could all follow along the process of discovery.

Here is my graphic solve of the poem.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tur-a-neu

I'd like to see the treasure map drawn.
                          I like your ideas - there has to be some unique insight though - It reminds me of when I taught a unit on Romeo and Juliet. There was already so much going on about feuds and gangs in the community that I focused the last assignment on a cultural issue -- arranged marriage or marriage based on love first. The students could not say some of each but had to commit to one or the other. It resulted in highly interesting thoughts and concepts. Perhaps there is more to the Chase than a modern day gold rush - something much more - so I hope to read someday.
                          Here's a treasure map !
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	3B-1-L.png
Views:	364
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	88336

Name:	14B-1-L.png
Views:	356
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	88337

Name:	2B-1-L.png
Views:	361
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	88338

Name:	19B-1-L.png
Views:	358
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	88339

Name:	9B-1-L.png
Views:	362
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	88340

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u
                            This song really sends me, I mean I can dig it. I wish I could play like that! I should really make an effort to start and learn the guitar. I'm not that much into country music but a great song is a great song! I'm going to go out first thing Monday and pick up a book so I can start " pickin and a grinning " . Well they say gospel is inspirational so I guess its true. Thanks for the tune !

Comment

I can imagine the cool morning, the smell of the fire, and breakfast cooking while enjoying the view above the stairs in a much simpler time. what a wonderful thought. I may go visit someday soon.
                              Last edited by Wraith14u; 03-28-2019, 08:15 PM.

Comment

I like Saturdays as well, if fact I was thinking about my trip in 9 days, its to a wonderful place, but no one goes there much anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X