New shows - pick the topic!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.c.B. View Post

And there's also something about a good clue that was not found, but the searchers could do it for themselves. I do not remember where I read or heard it. Looks like he said that to somebody privately. If anyone knows where it went ... please.
    I am under the belief that considering the "what ifs" and finding a clue for yourself is talking about the same thing. I would love to hear various ideas about this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post
      Walking Among Lions,
      Thanks for posting this. I agree. In order to solve the poem we need to figure out what quickly means.
      There is in fact a time element involved, in addition to a spatial element. As is the case with so much of the poem, Forrest's words have a ton of meaning packed into them simultaneously.

Comment

As Zapster pointed out on another thread, when Casey asked how far the chest is located from the blaze Forrest's response was that if you can find the blaze the distance to the chest will be obvious. This seems to imply that "quickly down" means immediately below. But something makes me think it's more complicated than that.

Comment

As Zapster pointed out on another thread, when Casey asked how far the chest is located from the blaze Forrest's response was that if you can find the blaze the distance to the chest will be obvious. This seems to imply that "quickly down" means immediately below. But something makes me think it's more complicated than that.
          I don't think you can take his response at face value. It has less than obvious meaning, in other words, it is correct in a certain sense if you understand everything you are supposed to understand.

Comment

Hi RG: a what-if to ponder. From what people post, I think most searchers believe that the blaze of the poem refers to something that is (relatively) geographically small, and that the reason the distance to the chest will be obvious is that they are practically on top of each other. But what if the blaze is not a "point" object -- that instead it has extensive area, and the treasure chest is somewhere *within* it? If that's the case, the distance is indeed obvious because it is ZERO. But that could also mean figuring out the blaze would not be the golden ticket to finding the chest.

Comment

Albert Einstein said: Madness is wanting different results doing everything exactly the same!

The opinion is unanimous: Find the "blaze" and look down or under the "blaze".
              It's pretty obvious that this is not working.
              And still comes FF saying that a good clue is missing to be found.
              FF also said that people ignore or leave their poem.
              More: That we should consider blogs as distracting.

This tells me that the mind that will solve the poem and find the treasure has a different way of seeing things and is not an ordinary person.

Comment

Originally posted by M.c.B. View Post

The opinion is unanimous: Find the "blaze" and look down or under the "blaze".
                Not unanimous. I've never believed that, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

"This tells me that the mind that will solve the poem and find the treasure has a different way of seeing things and is not an ordinary person."

Pretty much a given. But everyone here already meets that definition, so it's not very revealing. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                  Not unanimous. I've never believed that, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

"This tells me that the mind that will solve the poem and find the treasure has a different way of seeing things and is not an ordinary person."

Pretty much a given. But everyone here already meets that definition, so it's not very revealing. ;-)
                  It is true!

Comment

What is the definition of "Obvious"? Definition of obvious

1. archaic : being in the way or in front
                    2.easily discovered, seen, or understood: it was obvious that things weren't working out. She stayed for obvious reasons.

adjective
                    3. easily perceived or understood; clear, self-evident, or apparent.
                    "unemployment has been the most obvious cost of the recession"
                    synonyms: clear, plain, plain to see, crystal clear, evident, apparent, manifest, patent, conspicuous, pronounced, transparent, clear-cut, palpable, prominent, marked, decided, salient, striking, distinct, bold, noticeable, perceptible, perceivable, visible, discernible, detectable, observable, tangible, recognizable; More
                    4. DEROGATORY
                    predictable and lacking in subtlety.
                    "it was an obvious remark to make"

Comment

Working...
                    X