The "Lead Searcher?"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OH!! View Post

You must be talking about the diameter of the sun compared to earth.
    That is the number, and the sun is a requirement. The place is in each one of the books cleverly hidden. You find the balance and you will find the blaze.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!!

John Doe, When the blazing sun goes down, it shades the earth. At this time we see the 109th part of the sun before it sets. But which month do you have to be in the canyon?
      Summer Solstice works.. so does midday on right conditions..

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post

Bottom line, I think several searchers have been right around 200 feet from the treasure (certainly before August 2014 and probably since then), and as of May 2017 still none that he knew of had been any closer than 200 feet. What matters to me is whether anyone has been closer since May 2017.

Given "gutfeelinggate" and his evasive responses to seannm's and IllinoisGhost's "within 12 feet" questions, I think the answer is "yes."
        Why does everyone project non-dictionary definitions of "gut feeling" onto Forrest, when we know he looks things up constantly? Also, to ask if someone has been within 12 feet is to ignore the context of the original reference. Also, I give Forrest the benefit of the doubt that there is some kind of trail 200 feet from the treasure, and he can reasonably surmise someone had gone on that trail from a photo. Yet I'd like to know the exact logistics of how Forrest can magically know distances searchers have been that are closer than 200 feet in order to sort out who is the great Pb searcher and send him secret messages.

Reality is much more dull, I guess. Forrest likely has no clue who is close or not, because not everyone communicates with him, and maybe he doesn't bother to check those who do. Yes, there was the 200 foot guy, but all indications are he was a fluke that guessed the general area, and arrived where he did by sightseeing accident, and then gave up, having no idea he was close. For all we know, the current active unknowable Pb searcher could be no closer than 80 miles, but that's not exciting. Construing an Easter egg hunt scenario with secret solar webcams, satellite communications, facial recognition and distance sensors installed on public lands and Forrest at his secret multiscreen command center monitoring a desperate footrace between searchers is more James Bondish and exciting.

On a personal note, it's more exciting to think the 12', 200' and gut feeling comments are cleverly disguised hints that give Forrest never ending amusement in throwing out there, due to the frenzy they cause. They may be intended as some guidance to the eventual poem solver, who may not arrive for 100 years.

Comment

http://wherewarmwatershalt.com/
          THE CONFIDENT ONE WALKS IN SHADOW AND LIGHT

Sounds like a lead searcher comment. The shadow knows to not be in the light.
          That site is the biggest rabbit-hole out there, imo.
          -----------------------------------------------------------------
          https://www.chasechat.com/archive/in...ad-8941-3.html
          -----------------------------------------------------------------
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eldorado_(poem)
          =========================================

Without light, there can be no shadow.
          All is a riddle, and the key to a riddle . . . is another riddle.
          -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post

Interesting conclusions that this is all she has or knows on the matter comes from those sources. So nobody has asked her, but I am glad you clarified that she is welcomed to chime in here on THOR.
            And you said you're not funny; so untrue.
            Point of Note: The final clue would be where they find his car...
            Chase Theme Song: Don't Damn Me (Explicit) -- Lyrics (Explicit)

Comment

Then there is this.
              {"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":86578}
              OH - what does this mean? Unknlike some think, I don’t know code or techy stuff. Translate please!
              “I would rather be a little nobody than an evil somebody” Abhraham Lincoln

Comment

Then there is this.
                {"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":86578}
                What does that prove ?
                Anything ?
                That someone used "ffenn" to create an account and website ?
                I'm not the smartest kid in class but, I'm pretty sure I could also create a google account using a name other than my own, no ?
                I'm also pretty sure I could do the same thing if I wanted to create a website to lead searchers to believe that I'm giving out legitimate hints.
                All is a riddle, and the key to a riddle . . . is another riddle.
                -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

What does that prove ?
                  Anything ?
                  That someone used "ffenn" to create an account and website ?
                  I'm not the smartest kid in class but, I'm pretty sure I could also create a google account using a name other than my own, no ?
                  I'm also pretty sure I could do the same thing if I wanted to create a website to lead searchers to believe that I'm giving out legitimate hints.
                  I 100% wouldn't validate it as I found it online. And , yes somebody could do as you said. Kpro, Rolltide is correct, it doesn't mean a thing. But it does leave a tid-bit of question.
                  Last edited by OH!!; 03-15-2019, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Ummmm, your words, quoting you: “Kpro had a chance to clarify all of this with Forrest, but she only asked him if "the 200 foot person [that Goldsmith mentioned] was a recent searcher."

Yes a silly start to the conversation when someone states things on my behalf when they are simply false or impoplete at best. Couple that with the irony of me being on this forum (I mean owning it), it seemed like the point is made when talking in the third person to show I am not a random person that may chime in but of course would be available. Oh the irony.
                    It looks like there was a miscommunication here. I think you had a chance to clarify all of "this" (meaning everything I wrote in the preceding paragraph) when you asked Forrest about Goldsmith's article, but you only asked him if the "200 foot person" who she mentioned "was a recent searcher." Phrasing the question that narrowly allowed Forrest to respond only with respect to that one person, so you missed "a chance" (that specific chance) to get new information.

I'm not sure how quoting your post of that email exchange with Forrest was "[stating] things on [your] . . . behalf." You already had stated those exact things. That's why I used quotation marks. If things you have stated are "simply false or [incomplete] at best," then please consider correcting or completing the record.

I don't understand what is ironic about quoting things you had already stated. Of course you are not a random person (at least in the context of this forum). That's why I included your screen name (and those of other people whose email exchanges I referred to).

If you're trying to suggest that I should have asked you about this before responding to another user's post, then I would say that's not necessary, because you do know you are free to chime in on your own forum whenever you feel inclined to do so. I don't see why anyone would think otherwise (but then again maybe there's been some drama on that front, and I just don't pay attention to it -- sorry).
                    Last edited by Harry; 03-15-2019, 12:15 PM.

Comment

I was totally kidding, my old channel is called the raven’s nest. I was trying to be funny, I am not very good at that!
                      I can't keep up with all the names, but that is funny now that I know.
                      AKA: Buckeye Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post

If you're trying to suggest that I should have asked you about this before responding to another user's post, then I would say that's not necessary, because you do know you are free to chime in on your own forum whenever you feel inclined to do so. I don't see why anyone would think otherwise (but then again maybe there's been some drama on that front, and I just don't pay attention to it -- sorry).
                        Nah, it has all gotten too serious too quick. It is obviously me right now, several of my posts are coming off differently than I intend, humor or delivery, or whatever.
                        “I would rather be a little nobody than an evil somebody” Abhraham Lincoln

Comment

Nah, it has all gotten too serious too quick. It is obviously me right now, several of my posts are coming off differently than I intend, humor or delivery, or whatever.
                          Ditto on the miscommunication of intent!
                          Story of my life!

I am the Lead Hunter! Thanks for talking about me!
                          Last edited by Coinaster; 03-15-2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

http://wherewarmwatershalt.com/
                            THE CONFIDENT ONE WALKS IN SHADOW AND LIGHT

Sounds like a lead searcher comment. The shadow knows to not be in the light.
                            To understand is to be brought from the darkness into the light. Plato's allegory of the Cave. The one is in the light, but hiding in the shadows. I'm findingit!

Comment

Well in my case, that certainly wasn't your fault.
                              And it was funny. And I do like a good joke.

Really though, when I "explained" my joke, it wasn't so much for you. It was more to do with others taking it as a drama thing, if that were to happen.
                              I didn't want that, so I posted an explanation.
                              AKA: Buckeye Bob

Comment

Originally posted by findingit View Post

To understand is to be brought from the darkness into the light. Plato's allegory of the Cave. The one is in the light, but hiding in the shadows. I'm findingit!
                                That reminds me of a song(s).
                                Point of Note: The final clue would be where they find his car...
                                Chase Theme Song: Don't Damn Me (Explicit) -- Lyrics (Explicit)

Comment

Working...
                                X