The "Lead Searcher?"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kpro View Post

Some have said that Forrest has said that the person who was within 200 feet was not a searcher, but with someone who was searching.
    A photographer following a Hunter and recording images.
    To record the hunt he went to high places.

This was the end of the trail as far as I got. A breathtaking picture.

Just a few thoughts of mine, without the treasure... yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post
      Orion,
      We know there has not been a Retriever. There have probably been several Lead Searchers. The hints seem to indicate there is at least one Hunter. The question is has there been a Finder?
      I think only the Hunter, and maybe Forrest, would know for sure. Hopefully, we'll all know once there is a Retriever.

Comment

No finder. Yet.
        “I would rather be a little nobody than an evil somebody” Abhraham Lincoln

Comment

No finder. Yet.
          For certain, no Retriever, yet. Not sure there is no Finder.

When my children were young, my wife and I would hide plastic Easter Eggs in several rooms and conduct an Easter Egg Hunt on Easter Sunday. Usually about 2 dozen eggs were hidden. Often, my son (our oldest child) would get a jump on finding eggs, running his tally up early. This would invariably cause anxiety for my daughter, who is two years younger. My son would sense the anxiety so, as he continued to look for eggs, he would simply note their location, being sure to catch my attention so that I knew that he was the Finder of that egg. He would then leave it and move on to another, sometimes saying something that would guide his little sister to the egg he had just found so that she could retrieve it. If the hunt ended before any of those "found" eggs were retrieved, we would never know if they were found...well, only my son and I would know. I think, in much the same way, if the chest were found (not saying it has been, but IF), only the Hunter and, perhaps Forrest, would know. Of course, the chest is much different than a plastic Easter Egg, but still....

Peace,

O.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
            There is no lead Searcher/Hunter *singular*. Forrest has said many, many times that multiple people have been within 200 feet of the treasure.
            I align this with the fact that between January 2016 and May 2017 (The Lure) he publicly stated four or five times that as far as he knew no one had been closer than 200 feet of the treasure.

The most recent variation of this that I've seen is from Margie Goldsmith in July 2018: "Fenn says that one hunter got within 200 feet of the treasure." But it looks to me like Goldsmith didn't do a new interview with him for that piece and, given her reference to a singular 200-foot searcher, was possibly just recycling material that pre-dated August 2014 (when Forrest first referred to "people within a couple hundred feet").

Kpro had a chance to clarify all of this with Forrest, but she only asked him if "the 200 foot person [that Goldsmith mentioned] was a recent searcher." Forrest's response, as I read it, was that the "one hunter" (the particular person he had in mind when Goldsmith interviewed him) was not a recent searcher.

So what I still don't know is 1) whether other 200-foot searchers were "recent," 2) whether Forrest now knows of other searchers who have been any closer than 200 feet (possibly within 12 feet, as seannm and IllinoisGhost tried to learn), and 3) whether other searchers that Forrest doesn't know of have been any closer than 200 feet (which is entirely possible, even for searchers who have emailed him their solutions, because he might not have read their messages).

Bottom line, I think several searchers have been right around 200 feet from the treasure (certainly before August 2014 and probably since then), and as of May 2017 still none that he knew of had been any closer than 200 feet. What matters to me is whether anyone has been closer since May 2017.

Given "gutfeelinggate" and his evasive responses to seannm's and IllinoisGhost's "within 12 feet" questions, I think the answer is "yes."

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
              Kpro had a chance to clarify all of this with Forrest, but she only asked him if "the 200 foot person [that Goldsmith mentioned] was a recent searcher." Forrest's response, as I read it, was that the "one hunter" (the particular person he had in mind when Goldsmith interviewed him) was not a recent searcher.
              Did you ask her or hear this from others?

Comment

To my knowledge no one is sure how Mr. Fenn actually hid the TC , if he buried it? Or otherwise disguise it. Turning it into part of the landscape. A rock a log. Even a tree, my feeling's is your not just going to happen upon the treasure. Your going to work for it I'm going botg as soon as the weather in my search area will allow me too, and I'm keeping all options open.
                Last edited by Wraith14u; 03-14-2019, 11:51 PM.
                https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U " If you know where the treasure is ...You should go get it."

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
                  To my knowledge no one is sure how Mr. Fenn actually hid the TC , if he buried it? Or otherwise disguise it. Turning it into part of the landscape. A rock a log. Even a tree, my feeling's is your not just going to happen upon the treasure. Your going to work for it I'm going botg as soon as the weather in my search area will allow me too, and I'm keeping all options open.
                  I agree with the "work for it" part. But after the hike to the hidey place, the finder may be "tired", "weak", and "out of steam" (if I may say so).

Comment

Did you ask her or hear this from others?
                    Neither. She posted the exchange on her forum under "Fenn Quotes Posted on THOR."

There was also a lot of discussion about a conversation she had with Forrest, but the recording I've listened to did not include any specific mention of a "200-foot searcher" or a singular "hunter" (just "this one guy" who "was not a searcher"). That's why I didn't bring it up.

I do hope that kpro knows she's welcome to chime in if she wants to clarify or contribute any additional information on the topic.

Comment

Neither. She posted the exchange on her forum under "Fenn Quotes Posted on THOR."

There was also a lot of discussion about a conversation she had with Forrest, but the recording I've listened to did not include any specific mention of a "200-foot searcher" or a singular "hunter" (just "this one guy" who "was not a searcher"). That's why I didn't bring it up.

I do hope that kpro knows she's welcome to chime in if she wants to clarify or contribute any additional information on the topic.
                      Interesting conclusions that this is all she has or knows on the matter comes from those sources. So nobody has asked her, but I am glad you clarified that she is welcomed to chime in here on THOR.

Comment

Interesting conclusions that this is all she has or knows on the matter comes from those sources.
                        What's makes her think that I have concluded that this is all she has or knows on the matter? I have no idea what she has or knows on the matter, nor do I know anything about her sources.

No offense, but I really don't have time to wonder about what other people have or know or think or believe, etc. (especially those who refer to themselves in the third person).

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

I agree with the "work for it" part. But after the hike to the hidey place, the finder may be "tired", "weak", and "out of steam" (if I may say so).
                          True, if I have learned anything about the CHASE, it is to not get in any hurry, because that is the easiest way to make mistakes, and mistakes for me anyways, is always followed by disappointment, in myself, I guess one of my biggest faults is getting in a hurry when I shouldn't. this is something the CHASE has allowed me to work on. Thank you Mr. Fenn! I will take all the help I can get. Old Pilot, I plan my next botg, to be very cautious, and deliberate. I feel like that will bring the best reward, with less disappointment .
                          https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U " If you know where the treasure is ...You should go get it."

Comment

What's makes her think that I have concluded that this is all she has or knows on the matter? I have no idea what she has or knows on the matter, nor do I know anything about her sources.

No offense, but I really don't have time to wonder about what other people have or know or think or believe, etc. (especially those who refer to themselves in the third person).
                            Ummmm, your words, quoting you: “Kpro had a chance to clarify all of this with Forrest, but she only asked him if "the 200 foot person [that Goldsmith mentioned] was a recent searcher."

Yes a silly start to the conversation when someone states things on my behalf when they are simply false or impoplete at best. Couple that with the irony of me being on this forum (I mean owning it), it seemed like the point is made when talking in the third person to show I am not a random person that may chime in but of course would be available. Oh the irony.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!!
                              http://wherewarmwatershalt.com/
                              THE CONFIDENT ONE WALKS IN SHADOW AND LIGHT

Sounds like a lead searcher comment. The shadow knows to not be in the light.
                              That they must Oh! They must also know the middle place of balance related to the JUST heavy loads and water high. Have you found the 109 location?

Comment

Originally posted by John Edo View Post

That they must Oh! They must also know the middle place of balance related to the JUST heavy loads and water high. Have you found the 109 location?
                                You must be talking about the diameter of the sun compared to earth.

Comment

Working...
                                X