No announcement yet.

New topics for TTOTC.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Forrest provide the treasure to the finder as a gift that counts against his lifetime gift exemption for tax purposes, making the treasure tax free? And is this the compelling reason to contact Forrest Fenn upon finding the treasure?

Comment

Originally posted by Must Listengood View Post
      Can Forrest provide the treasure to the finder as a gift that counts against his lifetime gift exemption for tax purposes, making the treasure tax free? And is this the compelling reason to contact Forrest Fenn upon finding the treasure?
      ​​​​​​Must Listengood: I've been posting about this precise possibility for years. No one ever bites because they apparently don't understand the Federal tax code as it applies to gifting. It would be a FAR greater incentive than Forrest's original $100k IOU in the chest (that he removed). Whatever system he came up with, it's apparently more reliable than a $100,000 bonus, and such a tax exemption would be worth at least triple that. The finder that ~didn't~ inform Forrest of finding the treasure would be a moron under that scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
        ​​​​​​Must Listengood: I've been posting about this precise possibility for years. No one ever bites because they apparently don't understand the Federal tax code as it applies to gifting. It would be a FAR greater incentive than Forrest's original $100k IOU in the chest (that he removed). Whatever system he came up with, it's apparently more reliable than a $100,000 bonus, and such a tax exemption would be worth at least triple that. The finder that ~didn't~ inform Forrest of finding the treasure would be a moron under that scenario.
        I'm guessing it is related to the gifting tax code. That's what I've been thinking too, so we're on the same page there.

Comment

Crossed paths with Chris L before - seems nice.

Comment

SHOCK & AWE

Would you be Shocked or Awed if:

A child found the treasure?
            Some one dug up the treasure from 3 ft of snow & posted video?
            A woman first time BOTG found the treasure?

Add additional questions here.

Comment

A seeking grandmawe found the treasure?

Comment

Originally posted by Castellaw1685 View Post
                A seeking grandmawe found the treasure?
                I would be in Awe, like Awsome!

Comment

TTOTC stories that appear to be out of place or more fiction than fact. And why.

Comment

Working...
                  X