Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding it and remaining anonymous might be best...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding it and remaining anonymous might be best...

If you think about it- there'd be a stink raised if it is announced as being found on public lands. Park officials have alluded to it, and it would be pursued as public domain, confiscated, or paid pennies to the dollar and put in a museum somewhere. Granted, the finder COULD announce finding it while never EVER saying where it was, not even the county or state. Paying the taxes, of course, would be the smart thing to do. Publishing MOST of the solve and re-hiding a portion in the same place may work for the next finder as a way not to give up the position, since that person wouldn't want to be snared either with a giveaway. Yeah, I have thought this out. I feel that Fenn intended for this to be the prize itself, and not the genius positioning that could be gained by it. On the other hand, if the finder did the opposite, was ready to donate it and take a chance on the genius value alone, that could be an option. I'm just not sure that the ego factor would be worth 2.5 mil like the box and contents.
    Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

I guess you will know when you get there. Wasn't there some attorneys involved in helping Mr Fenn?

Comment

I have a theory on how that goes down - but finding the loot is the only way to prove it. I think Mr Fenn would like it found and the person who finds it can choose one of two paths. Let's call it "The Curse of Fenn's Gold".

Comment

"Ms. RahRah, where did you find the chest?"

"As I have gone alone in there and with my treasures bold, I can keep...." voice trails off in a chuckle

Comment

The Emperor has no clothes..............

Comment

"But he isn't wearing anything at all
            https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U " If you know where the treasure is ...You should go get it."

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
              "But he isn't wearing anything at all
              Treasures Bold

Comment

My plan is that it will be found in my back yard. Discovered when I was excavating for a koi pond. Kind of like the Mahaffy Clovis Cache.

Comment

Originally posted by John Smith View Post

Treasures Bold
                  I like it!!
                  https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U " If you know where the treasure is ...You should go get it."

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                    If you think about it- there'd be a stink raised if it is announced as being found on public lands. Park officials have alluded to it, and it would be pursued as public domain, confiscated, or paid pennies to the dollar and put in a museum somewhere. Granted, the finder COULD announce finding it while never EVER saying where it was, not even the county or state. Paying the taxes, of course, would be the smart thing to do. Publishing MOST of the solve and re-hiding a portion in the same place may work for the next finder as a way not to give up the position, since that person wouldn't want to be snared either with a giveaway. Yeah, I have thought this out. I feel that Fenn intended for this to be the prize itself, and not the genius positioning that could be gained by it. On the other hand, if the finder did the opposite, was ready to donate it and take a chance on the genius value alone, that could be an option. I'm just not sure that the ego factor would be worth 2.5 mil like the box and contents.
                    As I study the pool of Democratic Party Candidates for President, it occurs to me the Hunter would leap frog all of them if he were to announce a run for President. The Obamas cashed in pretty well with Barack's 8 years of mediocrity with a net worth in excess of $50 million. That would be worth more than the chest itself.

But then, I can imagine leading up to the primaries, other Candidates attacking the Hunter:
                    "I can't even consider Hunter's healthcare plan even if it is a perfect blend of private and state payer programs. I can't even consider the billions that would be saved with Hunter's systematic plan for downsizing government through a review of overlapping state programs for purposes of consolidation of administration of those services. I can't even look at Hunter's most comprehensive and reasonable immigration plan or his model for renewable energy. No, I can't look at any of these policies. Nor should you, Voters. I mean, how could you possibly vote for someone who 'couldn't keep a secret where.'.."

Then again, there is always political pundit or, I bet Boston University could use a smart person in their Economics program. AOC seems to have exposed a need there.

So many options...

Peace,

Orion, the Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post

As I study the pool of Democratic Party Candidates for President, it occurs to me the Hunter would leap frog all of them if he were to announce a run for President. The Obamas cashed in pretty well with Barack's 8 years of mediocrity with a net worth in excess of $50 million. That would be worth more than the chest itself.

But then, I can imagine leading up to the primaries, other Candidates attacking the Hunter:
                      "I can't even consider Hunter's healthcare plan even if it is a perfect blend of private and state payer programs. I can't even consider the billions that would be saved with Hunter's systematic plan for downsizing government through a review of overlapping state programs for purposes of consolidation of administration of those services. I can't even look at Hunter's most comprehensive and reasonable immigration plan or his model for renewable energy. No, I can't look at any of these policies. Nor should you, Voters. I mean, how could you possibly vote for someone who 'couldn't keep a secret where.'.."

Then again, there is always political pundit or, I bet Boston University could use a smart person in their Economics program. AOC seems to have exposed a need there.

So many options...

Peace,

Orion, the Hunter

Not even I can save the country, 22 trillion in debt, we're all f**ked.
                      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                      --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

Not even I can save the country, 22 trillion in debt, we're all f**ked.
                        But that is where Modern Monetary Theory (MMT) comes into play. Simply get the world to adopt this model we're all set....Oh. Wait.

Peace.
                        O

Comment

These are great answers & it is nice to dream, to think for a moment "what would I do if I..."
                          ORION I can dig it. It would take faith mixed with the newfound wealth to run for prez and win, tons of luck in how the press unfurls on that person too. Big IF whether the states are ready for intellect-driven runs and wins. Probably some doctor or major scientist would have to get there first, but a person's policy at the right time could do it.
                          I REALLY WONDER IF FENN WOULD WANT THE PUBLIC TO KNOW THE SPOT OR NOT.
                          Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

"Victory will always justify the effort. f"

"If you wear a smile to the right spot you will wear a grin going home. f "

"If you find the treasure please keep it in a vault for thirty days while you think. f"

“It seems logical to me that a deep thinking treasure searcher could use logic to determine an important clue to the location of the treasure. Is someone doing that now and I don’t know it? It’s not what they say on the blogs that may be significant, it’s what they whisper. f”

“Well, you don’t know where it is,” he said, grinning. “When somebody finds that treasure chest, everybody’s going to say, ‘My God! Why didn’t I think of that?’”f

I will not tell where I found the chest, never, under any circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post

So many options...

Peace,

Orion, the Hunter

It might be fun to watch such a person primary Trump.
                              All secrets sleep in winter clothes.

Comment

Working...
                              X