Flabbergasted by the Blaze

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Covert One View Post
    I might agree you except for one thing - I don't know what that word means.
    It means having equivalent poles; equal terminals; balanced ends. It bespeaks a symmetry that the poem displays at inception. "Go back to the beginning." The summary beginning is built of balanced recapitulation: to go into with treasures bold is to enter and to stand out. To secret and to hint are two countervailing verbs similar to the prepositional opposition implicit in going alone and with. This is a dominant structure in how the poem begins, and it is not easily disputed. It may not be a rewarding and insightful lens with which to view the rest of the poem, but it's hard to say it isn't there at he beginning and isn't therefore foundational to the poem. Not all the poem is equipollent and explanatory; I think subsequent parts of the poem are directive and descriptive: they speak of place, perspective, and perpetration, but they are within the poem in a way the first stanza is not.

Comment

Originally posted by whiskynovember View Post

It means having equivalent poles; equal terminals; balanced ends. It bespeaks a symmetry that the poem displays at inception. "Go back to the beginning." The summary beginning is built of balanced recapitulation: to go into with treasures bold is to enter and to stand out. To secret and to hint are two countervailing verbs similar to the prepositional opposition implicit in going alone and with. This is a dominant structure in how the poem begins, and it is not easily disputed. It may not be a rewarding and insightful lens with which to view the rest of the poem, but it's hard to say it isn't there at he beginning and isn't therefore foundational to the poem. Not all the poem is equipollent and explanatory; I think subsequent parts of the poem are directive and descriptive: they speak of place, perspective, and perpetration, but they are within the poem in a way the first stanza is not.
      im with Covert One. I don't know what the word means.....
      https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U " If you know where the treasure is ...You should go get it."

Comment

Equipollent- believe bees use that term to fly straight. If they get too much pollen on one side, when servicing (and plundering) the flowers they start to fly in circles...
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190315-235030_Google.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	86666
        geese may use the term too, when flying in a "V" formation... I'm sure you know why one side of the V is longer than the other?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190316-001054_Instagram.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	86667
        It's their equilegging is off, happens to me on Saturday nights all the time. I can't get off the dancefloor. One legging comes down, and I start going in circles...
        No really it's because there's more geese on one side than the other...

t

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post
          im with Covert One. I don't know what the word means.....
          But by now you know what several means. I was taught it means from 3 through 5 inclusive, if only simply because there are nominals for what is beyond either end of the range. Less than 3 is a pair. Greater than 5 is half a dozen. But I'm a baby boomer so there was that piss poor moment when new math reared its ugly head. Not that it matters, but it pains me if equi and pollent can't be combined in the mind of colloquial English such that a usable image of the word emerges. Really? I may be a grunt laborer of the woods decades on from grammar school in Montana, but I fix a u-joint the same way I reckon words. Look at them and put them together.

Comment

if only there was a way to look up definitions...
            hmmm ... oh well...
            Point of Note: The final clue would be where they find his car...
            Chase Theme Song: Don't Damn Me (Explicit) -- Lyrics (Explicit)

Comment

Originally posted by whiskynovember View Post

My sense is that the nature *of his secret (n) is bound up in an event of dual character. Many components of the poem have equipollent aspects and I think his going in is characterized as being both alone and with, both going in and standing out, being both hidden and manifest, generating both a secret and a hint. To ask of one thing is to call up its counterparty, at least in the summary and thematic parts of the poem. IMO.

*edit
              The main duality of the poem is between the first and sixth stanzas.
              There is a hint in the first stanza that pertains to the last clue of the poem.
              But it is only possible to understand this tip if we analyze the meaning of "every word" of the poem.

For example: "treasure bold" and "worth the cold".

By finding the correct WWWH and following the "precisely" following clues until "blaze", this duality becomes clear.

That's just my opinion, as I have not yet been able to access the treasure spot. So I'm empty-handed, but for a little while, God willing.

Comment

Originally posted by M.c.B. View Post

The main duality of the poem is between the first and sixth stanzas.
                There is a hint in the first stanza that pertains to the last clue of the poem.
                But it is only possible to understand this tip if we analyze the meaning of "every word" of the poem.

For example: "treasure bold" and "worth the cold".

By finding the correct WWWH and following the "precisely" following clues until "blaze", this duality becomes clear.

That's just my opinion, as I have not yet been able to access the treasure spot. So I'm empty-handed, but for a little while, God willing.
                Duality is a prevalent theme to solving this poem.... But your statement is that it is between the 1 and 6 stanzas... Well that is BS... The last stanza (6th stanza) for your argument can only be confirmation bias.... And therefore you feel it is clueless!.... IT IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT 4 LINES IN THE POEM!

Comment

Originally posted by Coinaster View Post

Duality is a prevalent theme to solving this poem.... But your statement is that it is between the 1 and 6 stanzas... Well that is BS... The last stanza (6th stanza) for your argument can only be confirmation bias.... And therefore you feel it is clueless!.... IT IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT 4 LINES IN THE POEM!
                  A whisper:
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	bold.jpg Views:	0 Size:	21.8 KB ID:	86785
                  In TTOTC, what is cold?
                  Last edited by M.c.B.; 03-17-2019, 11:06 AM.

Comment

NO mcB

I don't get it!

bold

adjective
                    \ ˈbōld \ Definition of bold

(Entry 1 of 2)

1a: fearless before danger : INTREPIDbold settlers on some foreign shore— William Wordsworth
                    b: showing or requiring a fearless daring spirita bold plan
                    2: IMPUDENT, PRESUMPTUOUSpunishing a bold child for talking backIf I may be so bold, I'd like to make a few suggestions.
                    3obsolete : ASSURED, CONFIDENT
                    4: SHEER, STEEPbold cliffs
                    5: ADVENTUROUS, FREEa bold thinker
                    6: standing out prominentlybold headlines
                    7: being or set in boldfacebold lettering

bold

noun
                    Definition of bold (Entry 2 of 2)

: BOLDFACEprinted in bold
                    Other Words from boldSynonyms & AntonymsMore Example SentencesLearn More about bold Other Words from bold

Adjective

boldly \ ˈbōl(d)-​lē \ adverb
                    boldness \ ˈbōl(d)-​nəs \ noun Synonyms & Antonyms for bold

Synonyms: Adjective

adventuresome, adventurous, audacious, daring, dashing, emboldened,enterprising, free-swinging, gutsy, hardy, nerved, nervy, venturesome, venturous

Antonyms: Adjective

unadventurous, unenterprising

Comment

NO mcB

I don't get it!

bold

adjective
                      \ ˈbōld \ Definition of bold

(Entry 1 of 2)

1a: fearless before danger : INTREPIDbold settlers on some foreign shore— William Wordsworth
                      b: showing or requiring a fearless daring spirita bold plan
                      2: IMPUDENT, PRESUMPTUOUSpunishing a bold child for talking backIf I may be so bold, I'd like to make a few suggestions.
                      3obsolete : ASSURED, CONFIDENT
                      4: SHEER, STEEPbold cliffs
                      5: ADVENTUROUS, FREEa bold thinker
                      6: standing out prominentlybold headlines
                      7: being or set in boldfacebold lettering

bold

noun
                      Definition of bold (Entry 2 of 2)

: BOLDFACEprinted in bold
                      Other Words from boldSynonyms & AntonymsMore Example SentencesLearn More about bold Other Words from bold

Adjective

boldly \ ˈbōl(d)-​lē \ adverb
                      boldness \ ˈbōl(d)-​nəs \ noun Synonyms & Antonyms for bold

Synonyms: Adjective

adventuresome, adventurous, audacious, daring, dashing, emboldened,enterprising, free-swinging, gutsy, hardy, nerved, nervy, venturesome, venturous

Antonyms: Adjective

unadventurous, unenterprising
                      Just remember that FF did the reverse process to what you did above.

"Bold" was the result, not the product of the research. But... ok.

Comment

Originally posted by M.c.B. View Post

Just remember that FF did the reverse process to what you did above.

"Bold" was the result, not the product of the research. But... ok.
                        So what you are saying is that ff's duality is actually an antonym to the stated word...
                        I don't agree....For me the duality is multiple answers to the same wording,,,, Exacting this with ff quotes leads us to conclude that.... not only are there multiple waters... ie plural or multiple.... but this happens as well for the blaze and look quickly down and marvel gaze too!

Antonyms.... no he did synonyms!
                        Last edited by Coinaster; 03-17-2019, 12:25 PM.

Comment

So what you are saying is that ff's duality is actually an antonym to the stated word...
                          I don't agree....For me the duality is multiple answers to the same wording,,,, Exacting this with ff quotes leads us to conclude that.... not only are there multiple waters... ie plural or multiple.... but this happens as well for the blaze and look quickly down and marvel gaze too!

Antonyms.... no he did synonyms!
                          I think you got me wrong.
                          Like you, I'm sure Forrest used synonyms in almost the entire poem.
                          However the words that are in the poem are the result of the original words or expressions. I used reverse engineering.
                          That's why I sent the photo above. High relief = bold.
                          "High relief" is in the chest.
                          The invaders coming up the stairs are in high relief on the chest.
                          And in the book TTOTC cold refers to the temperature of the bronze. The chest is made of bronze!
                          "treasures bold" and "worth the cold" are two expressions that may well refer to the same thing: the engravings in the bronze of the chest.

Comment

Originally posted by FennMaster View Post
                            "No need to dig up old outhouses, the treasure is not associated with any structure."

"Yes d, it means the treasure is not hidden in or about a structure. Google "structure" for more information." f
                            Well I read between the lines he says do not dig up old outhouses what about "NEW" outhouses. Nowhere in the statement of associated with a structure do I see that it says it's not in on above under below or near. The beauty of being smart enough to know that I'm dumb I had to look up associated. You can follow the statements if you want but the fact of the matter is that statement tells me nothing out houses and buildings are still fair game he has to be specific. That's the beauty of what I call middle child syndrome the oldest always gets away with it the youngest always gets away with it the middle child gets screwed so you have to find a way in life to manipulate words so you're not a liar but you're not telling the whole truth. Contiguous that one, I'm still trying to manipulate that one. Haha lol

The treasure is not in or near "ANY" outhouse. You see the difference. And the second example I'll let people figure it out themselves if they can. These statements we're not intended to be cocky or construed into a negative manner. I read or listen then I reread and re-listen. In-person you may tell me a statement I may ask you a question that forces you to say it differently not to be deviant but I want to make sure I understand exactly what you mean at the time that you speak. You never want to be in a situation where you're trying to defend yourself and you say well Johnny said this and then it turns out you understood it wrong. I hate being in that situation so I want to make sure what has been stated. Basically after we started doing those TV Clues I do not adhere to those. The TV Clues we're away 2 look good for future possible injuries. Dangerous to some it's perfectly fine for others. You don't want a 300lb woman near a cliff cuz she's probably not going to find it anyway. The water statements I'm going to go up because of my 47 solves that I have not one of them is near dangerous water.
                            if you are about to start the Dig and you're in a cemetery you should probably stop and think about it, at that point something should tell you the solve may not be correct.

Everybody that wants to dig on private property you should stop or at least be sneaky about it. I cannot comment personally I plead the fifth due to the grounds that statements I make maybe misunderstood and do not want incriminate myself.

Comment

Originally posted by The eventual finder View Post
                              Well I read between the lines he says do not dig up old outhouses what about "NEW" outhouses. Nowhere in the statement of associated with a structure do I see that it says it's not in on above under below or near. The beauty of being smart enough to know that I'm dumb I had to look up associated. You can follow the statements if you want but the fact of the matter is that statement tells me nothing out houses and buildings are still fair game he has to be specific. That's the beauty of what I call middle child syndrome the oldest always gets away with it the youngest always gets away with it the middle child gets screwed so you have to find a way in life to manipulate words so you're not a liar but you're not telling the whole truth. Contiguous that one, I'm still trying to manipulate that one. Haha lol
                              See now that explains a lot for me; I'm a middle child and I never got away with anything; so I try to tell the truth the best I can and seem to get screwed over for doing that; people suck; glad I'm not one; oh wait ....
                              Point of Note: The final clue would be where they find his car...
                              Chase Theme Song: Don't Damn Me (Explicit) -- Lyrics (Explicit)

Comment

Native American land I do not have any solves on Native American land luckily I don't pre map it I left the clues take me where the clues go if I have one on Native American land it's not going to stop me but I'll have to be more careful.
                                To be honest if it was in the front yard of a police station I don't think that would stop me I'll just have to out-think it. If it's in the courtyard of a prison it can stay there I ain't retrieving from no prison. If it's inside Cheyenne Mountain I may entertain sneaking in there but then again it's not worth it. If it's at Yellowstone at the main guard shack sitting right there underneath the desk I'll get it you better believe that. A dam well it depends on how big it is. It's where the clues lead not what ff says. Do I have the chest no I do not have my theories been correct yes they have been. Was I not looking at the big picture correct. Do I know where indulgences at now no. Am I closer than I was last week no I'm further away 300 miles further away. I start narrowing it down and then all the sudden, try to debunk myself and then I find good stuff somewhere else. FML I realized something this past couple weeks. I have formulated a personal opinion on who the 200-foot was. Sometimes life imitates art. And fact is sometimes Stranger Than Fiction. There's probably one simple solution that I have not found yet which I have no desire to find. The "book journey" is interesting and sometimes not fun, but awesome to analyze. I got thick skin but I'm getting tired. TMI is starting to play tricks on on my brain and messing up the order. I'm technically missing two Clues. Maybe that's where my confusion lies. I just don't know where to start, ironically I think I know where the end is but you have to get them in the right order. Shhhhh don't tell anybody If people really knew how hard this was they wouldn't/couldn't do it. I so want to team up with somebody smart, but it has to be done by yourself. Problem is I can't even do research anymore, I won't flip out and say I'm being hacked but I try to do research I look something up one day and then all the blogs are talking about it the next day really really really. Meaning I never heard of anything that's been talked about that is kind of important to the chase but the last 3 months I'll look something up and literally the next day the blogs are talking about it nobody talked about it nine flipping years but then all of a sudden. I could be self manifestation giving out subliminal telepathic info to individuals that I've never met. I have not read every single blog since 2010 so some stuff may have been brought up in the past but I personally have not heard about at least 10 scenarios we're literally the next day after I research something it's talked about nobody is talked about it on any video or in recent blogs Within 2 years. All of these 10 scenarios line with my solve luckily nobody will be able to connect all the 10 plus situations that I'm talking about. But whatever I played a square and fair game. I would really love to retire but I'm content. I have other things in the pipeline. But by being so intrigued on the unbelievable is probably what kept me in. I was way way way excited to try to get to the mountains early April but I'm going to wait till summer I want to take the kids. And if I know exactly where it's at at that time I'll wait till the end of our camping/rock hound trip then I'll go get my box. Even though I would be tempted I want to have my batteries recharged first. Then splurge and take the kids to Atlantis water park thing. And I'm going to eat prime rib and filet and T-Bones for the first two weeks every night cuz I deserve it. If its 3 million I'm probably going to blow probably a million on toys and then I'll start pretty much non-profit businesses after that teach a man to fish Theory. If you teach a man to fish then he doesn't have be the charity. Wow that was long order who makes it to the end. Everybody good luck in your Chase. It's about getting in the woods and smelling sunshine. My eagerness prior has only been due non favorable situations that I'm in. But those situations are coming to an end very soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X