Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Smith View Post
    Don't discount the first Stanza in your clue count
    Hi John -- I think we MUST discount the first stanza -- in the clue count, anyway -- because the clues are consecutive and contiguous and WWWH is the first clue. I still think the first stanza has a lot of essential information w/o which the poem cannot be solved.

Comment

Originally posted by jacbNimble View Post

Don't be scared just embrace because it's the ONLY thing that makes logical sense hope your not one of those people who think you can find the blaze on Google Earth because you'll be looking forever!!!
      Only God could be looking for the Fenn Treasure "forever."

Oh Lord, please don't strike me down for that one, lol.
      AKA: Buckeye Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

Hi John -- I think we MUST discount the first stanza -- in the clue count, anyway -- because the clues are consecutive and contiguous and WWWH is the first clue. I still think the first stanza has a lot of essential information w/o which the poem cannot be solved.
        Ok - that seems to mean it's a clue - I loose track of what is generally considered the 9 clues. The first stanza has been tugging at my brain a bit.

Comment

Ok - that seems to mean it's a clue - I loose track of what is generally considered the 9 clues. The first stanza has been tugging at my brain a bit.
          the last part of the stanza I have always found interesting "a hint of riches NEW and old." why did Mr. Fenn use the word NEW? it will get you thinking..
          https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U " If you know where the treasure is ...You should go get it."

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post

the last part of the stanza I have always found interesting "a hint of riches NEW and old." why did Mr. Fenn use the word NEW? it will get you thinking..
            Hi Wraith14u: if by emphasizing NEW, you are alluding to New Mexico, then you have lots of company. But equally weak hints can be found for all four states.

Comment

Well, until we had the New Zealand radio interview, I favored the first stanza being important enough that I counted it as clue #1. But Forrest was adamant that WWWH is the first clue, and I am not in favor of allowing the clues to wrap from stanza 6 back to stanza 1 (a la T. S. Elliot). For me, it's a question of semantics -- the hint vs. clue debate -- and in the case of the first clue, I can argue it either way. There is something in the first stanza, IMO, that is essential to narrowing down the precise location of WWWH, but by itself (without knowing you're trying to solve WWWH) it doesn't give you a starting point. It doesn't even give you a starting STATE. But at the same time, neither does figuring out the WWWH puzzle tell you the starting state, and for that reason I consider stanza 1 and WWWH to carry equal weight in deciphering the first clue's location.

Comment

It bugs me. Can't shake it. I agree WWWH is the starting point for the search. However, there is something about the first Stanza.......that is my new obsession.

Comment

It bugs me. Can't shake it. I agree WWWH is the starting point for the search. However, there is something about the first Stanza.......that is my new obsession.
                  As I go alone in there, there is one place I can think of, where one must go alone..
                  https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U " If you know where the treasure is ...You should go get it."

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u View Post

As I go alone in there, there is one place I can think of, where one must go alone..
                    I can think of several, but it feels like I am missing the obvious. Staring me right in the face and I can't see it.
                    And
                    And
                    And

Comment

I can think of several, but it feels like I am missing the obvious. Staring me right in the face and I can't see it.
                      And
                      And
                      And
                      Mr. Fenn says as he goes, so maybe he is on his way to that place,

Comment

the third line, I can keep my secret where, not TC but secret, He has a saying, 2 can keep a secret if one is dead, that in itself has a lot of meaning.

Comment

Forgive me Father for I have sinned

Comment

Forgive me Father for I have sinned
                            well you know what saint peter said..acts 2 38.....
                            Last edited by Wraith14u; 03-11-2019, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Chad Borri ok recap from left to right..... Viking warrior with red beard and helmet.... Richard Nixon or Bob Hope... Fred Flintstone?... Green man from mars.... A face and head orientated so chin is facing south... Forrest Fenn... Sad Indian face.. I emailed the circles faces to Forrest as well. And again the little black mark below and to the right side of Fenn's image (would be the images left side) and below is what looks like a arrow in the shape of a U-turn which points to the base of the blaze. The chest isn't there anymore.
                              Last edited by chad68; 03-11-2019, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith14u

you know I think that's been tried before...not sure it would work..
                                In pentance for those who have nault

Comment

Working...
                                X