Best and worst?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best and worst?

What is the best part of this chase for you?
    What is the worst part of this chase for you?

Best: Feeling of adventure that has been sparked due to the chase that was not there before.
    Worst: All sides of human behavior come out in the chase.
    “I would rather be a little nobody than an evil somebody” Abhraham Lincoln

I think solving the poem and finding the chest! I think not solving the poem and not finding the chest!
    https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U " If you know where the treasure is ...You should go get it."

Comment

Going into the mountains and feeling like you are the only human within 20 miles gives me a tremendous high. And the fact that I have a reason to actually do it is incredible. I mean I'm too out of shape and decrepit to be doing such things, but I am doing them anyway. Not a ton, but enough to really spice up life. I've used it as an excuse to take my family and friends, and that's what Forrest wanted, after all. So this is the number one thing I love about the chase.

The second fun thing is solving Fenn's puzzles - its incredibly challenging. After my first BOTG, I pretty much gave up, thinking the poem was unsolvable, by me at least. Then I discovered something that changed everything. I know I'm not unique in this discovery or anything, but it changed my thinking after a little more research and I now think it is actually solvable. I've been picking away at this thing ever since, and I feel like I have discovered so many answers and of course I think I've got significant confirmation. Regardless of whether I'm right, it's been incredibly fun.

What I hate is the crazy behavior of some searchers, searcher drama, and searchers taking themselves and their solves so seriously that they can't handle the slightest decent from their ideas. I mean we all think we are right, that goes without saying, but we should all lighten up and be able to take a little criticism, warranted or not.

Comment

Best: I have completely changed the way I‘m wasting my free time... it‘s not only lurking and reading blogs but also writing! I started to write a novel about my chase and found out that writing will be my favorite hobby for years to come... the riddles I encountered clue by clue and the analytical brainstormings are next followed by the new surroundings, the harsh nature in the Rockies and the way of life I got to know. I simply love the chase!

Worst: coming from Berlin, Germany, every trip I make eats up quite a bit of my savings, but I am not thinking about this side, because the benefits are huge and overwhelming.

Comment

BEST: It has given me something fun to focus on during challenging times. Instead of worrying so much, I focus my energies on the Chase and feel rejuvenated. It has also given me an excuse to travel and explore and stand outside in the rain again.
          WORST: Sometimes it keeps me up at night thinking, but I'd probably be up anyway.

Comment

Best: The dreaming
            Worst: The long long long ride home

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
              What is the best part of this chase for you?
              What is the worst part of this chase for you?

Best: Feeling of adventure that has been sparked due to the chase that was not there before.
              Worst: All sides of human behavior come out in the chase.
              Best: Being the Hunter
              Worst: Being Orion the Hunter

Wait. Or is the other way around?

Peace,

O.

Comment

Working...
              X