Word That is Key

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry View Post
    I don't have the time or energy to even try to verify . . .
    Well, I am fortunate, in that I do have the time and energy to do this.
    ================================================== =====

Dazed&Confused on March 23, 2013 at 8:22 am said:At one point i had joked around with Mr. Fenn in an email about having the combination to his vault and if i got it right would he give me title to his gold. His response was…it doesn’t require a combination just a key.
    ================================================

Mike on April 1, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:Hi Dazed&Confused,
    Can you post or forward the email response that you refer to about combination/key?
    In part 1 of Nine Clues, you mentioned that the email was about the combination to his *vault*, not to the treasure. Now you are saying combination to treasure. Which is it? This may be of some importance.

(this second comment that is being referred to, was apparently deleted by Dal or Goofy, as it is not in part one, two or three of nine clues)
    ================================================== ========================

Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 02-28-2019, 10:03 PM.
    All is a riddle, and the key to a riddle . . . is another riddle.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

Comment

Dal followed with this . . .
      • dal on April 4, 2013 at 6:13 pm said:Dazed is no longer with us unless he assumed a new persona. Forrest was not answering a question about the poem or the clues. He was answering a question about his vault..the place where he keeps his most valuable items.
        Forrest has a vault in his house. I have seen it. Stephanie has seen it. Someone wrote Forrest and told him that he had the combination to his vault. Forrest replied, matter of factly, that his vault does not have a combination, it has a key. This is true. I have seen him open his vault. It takes a key…not a combination. Forrest was simply pointing that out. Pointing out that the wierdo who said he had Forrest’s combination to his vault was lying.
        Then, said weirdo, places his interpretation of what happened on this blog.
        Next thing that happens is that everyone is assuming Forrest meant that there is a key to the clues in the poem. That is NOT what Forrest said. He was responding to a remark about the lock on the door of his vault…his safe…
        Now maybe the weirdo that sent that email thought Forrest was responding to a question about the clues in the poem. Maybe the weirdo was thinking one thing and Forrest another but in fact, Forrest had no intention of saying anything about the clues in the poem.

Maybe there is some other reason you should believe there is a key to unlock the clues in the poem but that is not the right reason.
        This was miscommunication.
      =======================================

Do the math, both allegations were made by the same person. imo.
      Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 03-01-2019, 07:05 AM.
      -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

Do the math, both allegations were made by the same person. imo.[/SIZE][/FONT]
        This is great work. Thanks!

Just so I understand correctly, you’re saying that JJ and Dazed were the same person, and when he/she referred to “the vault” in one post and “the poem” in the other post, he/she actually was talking about “the vault” both times?

If so, this seems to further support my understanding that Forrest’s references to a “key” or a “word that is key” do not refer to some singular keyword that might literally “unlock” anything having to do with the poem. (A figurative “unlocking,” which some of you are pursuing, is a different matter.)
        Last edited by Harry; 02-28-2019, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post

This is great work. Thanks!

Just so I understand correctly, you’re saying that JJ and Dazed were the same person, and when he/she referred to “the vault” in one post and “the poem” in the other post, he/she actually was talking about “the vault” both times?

If so, this seems to further support my understanding that Forrest’s references to a “key” or a “word that is key” do not refer to some singular keyword that might literally “unlock” anything having to do with the poem. (A figurative “unlocking,” which some of you are pursuing, is a different matter.)
          Yes, I am saying that based on all the available evidence, it is highly probable that JJ and Dazed are the same person.
          These are the only two people that turn up in any search engine, who claim to have sent Forrest an email saying they had his combination.
          Dazed, says "combination to his vault". That comment was posted on 3/23/2013.

JJ, comes along and says "... told him I had the combination to unlock the poem … "
          JJ then says "That correspondence was over a year ago."
          This comment was posted on 7/21/2014, well over a year from the date of the post by Dazed.
          In both instances, it is alleged that Forrest gave an identical answer.

JJ is apparently embellishing the alleged email to suit his agenda.
          Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 02-28-2019, 10:57 PM.
          -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

Yes, I am saying that based on all the available evidence, it is highly probable that JJ and Dazed are the same person.
            These are the only two people that turn up in any search engine, who claim to have sent Forrest an email saying they had his combination.
            Dazed, says "combination to his vault". That comment was posted on 3/23/2013.

JJ, comes along and says "... told him I had the combination to unlock the poem … "
            JJ then says "That correspondence was over a year ago."
            This comment was posted on 7/21/2014, well over a year from the date of the post by Dazed.
            In both instances, it is alleged that Forrest gave an identical answer.

JJ is apparently embellishing the alleged email to suit his agenda.
            Thank you for all of that - definitely makes things a bit clearer now!

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post
              Let's put it this way... I think the person who finds the treasure will know the keyword.
              I think the person who finds the treasure will know how to breathe. The "keyword" is over-rated, in my opinion. So is the "word that is key".

So is "vault", although if you like to play the Kevin Bacon (degrees of separation) game, you may remember him vaulting in a movie that was
              made decades ago. This gives several hints about the hidey place . . . and speaking of decades ago (wink wink), a few good men would rather look
              (I sure "wood") at Demi Moore than at Kevin Bacon. Gee . . . another hint. By the way, she was born in Ros*well*, although I never thought of her
              as a flying saucy wench.
              Last edited by Old Pilot; 03-01-2019, 07:32 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Harry;n84896]

A while back you wrote, "Of course he also stated more explicitly that "contentment is the key word" and "the key word is contentment," so he might have been saying that if there is a keyword, that word is . . . contentment. (He also stressed the value of contentment in the forward to Jenny's book.)

I thought you'd enjoy this particular Norman Rockwell:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/4870560...rm-post-covers

Comment

Maybe f ment content is key... lol

Comment

The word that is key is.....Marvel.
                    It is that simple.
                    Question is...where to go from there??

Comment

Big Lee: prediction: Forrest's "word that is key" is derived from the poem, but is not one of the poem's 166 words.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                        Big Lee: prediction: Forrest's "word that is key" is derived from the poem, but is not one of the poem's 166 words.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

I think the person who finds the treasure will know how to breathe. The "keyword" is over-rated, in my opinion. So is the "word that is key".

So is "vault", although if you like to play the Kevin Bacon (degrees of separation) game, you may remember him vaulting in a movie that was
                          made decades ago. This gives several hints about the hidey place . . . and speaking of decades ago (wink wink), a few good men would rather look
                          (I sure "wood") at Demi Moore than at Kevin Bacon. Gee . . . another hint. By the way, she was born in Ros*well*, although I never thought of her
                          as a flying saucy wench.
                          looking at your clue...all I can see is something good :MOORE BACON!!"
                          https://youtu.be/mtLbE3IUY2U " If you know where the treasure is ...You should go get it."

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

I thought you'd enjoy this particular Norman Rockwell:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/4870560...rm-post-covers
                            If nothing else, I think Forrest wishes more people could enjoy that kind of contentment.

Comment

Does the key word have to be in the poem?
                              "It is fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence." - Forrest Fenn

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Joe View Post
                                Does the key word have to be in the poem?
                                No.
                                See Zap's comment above.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson-

Comment

Working...
                                X