Word That is Key

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word That is Key

Let's consider "the word that is key"....
    It is absolutely essential to know it to solve the poem
    47.37%
    It is helpful, but not necessary to solve the poem
    36.84%
    If it exists, I don't know it and it may be a myth
    5.26%
    There is no word that is key, just solve the poem
    10.53%

What prompted my poll?

I've been mulling over whether to post the poll or not, but decided I will since just talking about what I found doesn't do much other than confirm that yes, I now believe there is a word that is key, it may indeed be essential (not quite sure on that yet) and that you can have it wrong. What I figured out in the last couple of weeks, by luck, by chance, who knows what it was, it certainly wasn't me pressing for it.....is there is a word, one word, that will keep popping up, again and again, without you trying to make it show up - it's just there....and there....and there....again and again. Is it the word that is key? Darned if I know, but it certainly seems that way!

Comment

IMHO there may be a word that is key, but what is the lock then? I guess the word that is key will help you with the big picture. The big picture will help you understand the real meaning of the poem. The real meaning will show and/or confirm the path... it's a chain... :-)

Comment

" It is interesting to know that a great number of people are out there searching. Many are giving serious thought to the clues in my poem, but only a few are in tight focus with a word that is key. The treasure may be discovered sooner than I anticipated."
        http://mysteriouswritings.com/six-qu...-forrest-fenn/

Based on my approach, and therefore biased opinion, Forrest cleverly alludes to the word that is key in the quote itself.
        Further, tight focus seems to effortlessly say close proximity.

Now, which searchers have been within close proximity of the treasure ?
        The 200-footers.
        The problem is, they didn't know it. They were actually no better off than those who were at wwwh and didn't know it.
        Both categories of searchers were in the same boat.

You won't know for sure that you have discovered the correct wwwh until you have the chest.
        This reinforces my belief that you must have the correct interpretation for wwwh in order to understand the end-game.
        If you do not truly understand what warm waters are, you will never *know* where they halt.
        If, on the other hand, you have that nailed-down, you will know what you are looking for in the end-game.

Without knowing where warm waters halt, you have nothing.
        You can stand there and stare at the hidey-spot for a year and never realize it.

With this said, I'll go with answer #1.
        It is absolutely essential to know the key word, to solve the poem.

One word describes both the start and the finish.
        If your start is wrong, there is absolutely no way you will ever solve the end of the poem.
        Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 02-26-2019, 09:05 AM.
        All is a riddle, and the key to a riddle . . . is another riddle.
        -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

Comment

I think you need to use the word in order to find the TC; but you don't necessarily need to know that it's the word that Forrest refers to as key.
          Point of Note: The final clue would be where they find his car...
          Chase Theme Song: Don't Damn Me (Explicit) -- Lyrics (Explicit)

Comment

I'm glad you phrased it accurately. I've seen countless searchers twist Forrest's words to mean that there is a "keyword" that might somehow allow them to unlock a coded message or decrypt a cipher or something.

Forrest stated that many people were "giving serious thought to the clues in . . . [his] poem." However, only a few people were in tight focus (on those clues) with __________ (something that is different than "serious thought").

I think the mistake that so many people have made is to misread his statement. He didn't state that people need to be "in tight focus" on some "word that is key." He stated that people need to be in tight focus with some "word that is key."

When I work in a lab, I don't focus on a microscope. I focus with a microscope. When I look at the stars, I don't focus on a telescope. I focus with a telescope. (Full disclosure: I don't work in a lab. I was a politician!)

I think the thing that is key -- the thing that can be juxtaposed to "serious thought" -- is a sort of tool that Forrest thinks will help someone find the treasure sooner than he anticipated.

The leading contenders for me are "imagination" and "contentment."

Comment

Originally posted by OH!!

I think the word "tight" does fit the word "close" but the word "focus" doesn't fit the word "proximity". Focus = Maximum clarity or distinctness of an image rendered by an optical system. IMO, it means that you are zoomed in optically and once you have that word that is key, you are to use it tightly focused. I would imagine that some of the smartest people in the world know and that takes me out!
              That's cool.
              However, the word focus has over two-thousand direct synonyms . . .
              area of interest
              at close range
              at the center of
              closely
              close up
              heart of
              local
              measure
              mid-point
              neighborhood
              center point
              in the middle
              position
              https://www.classicthesaurus.com/focus

all of which takes very little effort to realize that they are relative to distance, and can therefore relate to proximity.
              https://www.classicthesaurus.com/proximity
              Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 02-26-2019, 12:49 PM.
              All is a riddle, and the key to a riddle . . . is another riddle.
              -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

Comment

I think there are a couple of words where you get the "Ah Ha" and a few puzzle pieces fall into place. If it doesn't fit, you can't force it. Study it until "Ah Ha" even if it takes weeks for one word. Just my opinion of course, I haven't found the loot. But I have two trips scheduled, first one is more of a recon trip. Looking forward to it....
                Last edited by John Smith; 02-26-2019, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                  I'm glad you phrased it accurately. I've seen countless searchers twist Forrest's words to mean that there is a "keyword" that might somehow allow them to unlock a coded message or decrypt a cipher or something.

Forrest stated that many people were "giving serious thought to the clues in . . . [his] poem." However, only a few people were in tight focus (on those clues) with __________ (something that is different than "serious thought").

I think the mistake that so many people have made is to misread his statement. He didn't state that people need to be "in tight focus" on some "word that is key." He stated that people need to be in tight focus with some "word that is key."

When I work in a lab, I don't focus on a microscope. I focus with a microscope. When I look at the stars, I don't focus on a telescope. I focus with a telescope. (Full disclosure: I don't work in a lab. I was a politician!)

I think the thing that is key -- the thing that can be juxtaposed to "serious thought" -- is a sort of tool that Forrest thinks will help someone find the treasure sooner than he anticipated.

The leading contenders for me are "imagination" and "contentment."
                  You said that way better than I ever could - IMO it is spot on - that what Fenn is pointing everyone to is something, a word or concept, that is not "serious thought", but it isn't simply being rash or heedless...that something runs throughout the poem if you can see it (which I thought I did before, but now I realize that what I thought was the 'word that is key' was not even close to being what I now believe Fenn intended us to hit upon). I could still be wrong, I still don't have the chest - I've been wrong all along - but amazingly I am still in the same area I've been for a couple of years, just with a different perspective now. And maybe that is the point?

Comment

I think there are several words that are key. 3 very important ones. You have to figure the most important ones. Some f flat out tells us.

Comment

If the key word lies within the poem,I think the obvious word would have to be HOME. Home is comfort,peace,memories,love and so much more.
                      It also ties directly in with tight focus.....to home in on a target. Home has many meanings but for me there is only 2.
                      1- Yellowstone/Montana where he and his family returned every season for 20 years,or
                      2- New Mexico where home is( not at his home lol)

Comment

I have yet to see anyone know what to do with the key when they find it. Doesn't mean they don't know, its just that nobody to my uncertain knowledge has talked about what I think you are supposed to do with it according to the poem. And that is vital and essential in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by Must Listengood View Post
                          I have yet to see anyone know what to do with the key when they find it. Doesn't mean they don't know, its just that nobody to my uncertain knowledge has talked about what I think you are supposed to do with it according to the poem. And that is vital and essential in my view.
                          In how I'm using it right now, the "word that is key" is in each stanza (in some way) and once you see how, that then provides part of your answer, but more importantly, it helps you begin to understand the next stanza, if that makes sense?
                          Last edited by RahRah; 02-26-2019, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Word that is key is not a cipher unlocker or any trick.
                            Word that is key is in the poem.
                            Word that is key is in one of the clues.
                            Not focusing on the word that is key causes people to misinterpret the clue.
                            There is probably a vague hint in his word that is key quote, and it is probably "tight focus."

Comment

Let's put it this way... I think the person who finds the treasure will know the keyword.
                              All secrets sleep in winter clothes.

Comment

Working...
                              X