No announcement yet.

There is just no way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We’re all capable of being mistaken, even Forrest. Sure, he did say it’s still where he hid it. But there’s more than one reference to him indicating that he’ll only know if the finder tells him. He could (have) cleared this up by not telling us how he knows but that he does have another certain way of knowing other than being told by the finder - or receiving a picture from a searcher (such as aerial drone footage of the general area). Not proof either, IMO. If I found it, I wouldn’t go public but I would tell Fenn anonymously. And if I was a high profile YouTuber, I would probably wait a year after I announced that I had quit searching so (almost) no one would be the wiser.

Comment

[QUOTE=ricardo;n81913]We’re all capable of being mistaken, even Forrest. Sure, he did say it’s still where he hid it. But there’s more than one reference to him indicating that he’ll only know if the finder tells him. He could (have) cleared this up by not telling us how he knows but that he does have another certain way of knowing other than being told by the finder - or receiving a picture from a searcher (such as aerial drone footage of the general area). Not proof either, IMO. If I found it, I wouldn’t go public but I would tell Fenn anonymously. And if I was a high profile YouTuber, I would probably wait a year after I announced that I had quit searching so (almost) no one would be the wiser.[/QU

Toby

Comment

[QUOTE=Imsunbuddynow;n81917]
        Originally posted by ricardo View Post
        We’re all capable of being mistaken, even Forrest. Sure, he did say it’s still where he hid it. But there’s more than one reference to him indicating that he’ll only know if the finder tells him. He could (have) cleared this up by not telling us how he knows but that he does have another certain way of knowing other than being told by the finder - or receiving a picture from a searcher (such as aerial drone footage of the general area). Not proof either, IMO. If I found it, I wouldn’t go public but I would tell Fenn anonymously. And if I was a high profile YouTuber, I would probably wait a year after I announced that I had quit searching so (almost) no one would be the wiser.[/QU

Toby
        Nope.
        “I would rather be a little nobody than an evil somebody” Abhraham Lincoln

Comment

[QUOTE=kpro;n81919]
          Originally posted by Imsunbuddynow View Post

Nope.
          yep

Comment

[QUOTE=Imsunbuddynow;n81920]
            Originally posted by kpro View Post

yep
            Nope twice.

Comment

how can you say I am not grateful, you don't even know who I am.
              Yes we do. You are the Debbie downer that brings down a house party to a silent book reading. Lighten up dude.

Comment

Dear Imsunbuddynow,

I’m guessing you’ve never even had BOTG. What is your issue? Troll somewhere else.

Cheers.

Comment

Dear FenndersKeepers if your intuition is as good as your guesses I have nothing to worry about.
                  I drink alone.

Comment

If I were Forrest I would have put a mock chest out there that must be exchanged for the real one. So I guess someone could be walking around with the knock off...but that doesn’t seem very wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Copper View Post
                      If I were Forrest I would have put a mock chest out there that must be exchanged for the real one. So I guess someone could be walking around with the knock off...but that doesn’t seem very wise.
                      Yes, but consider that he had to figure that it might not be found in his lifetime. That and that it was his secret alone makes it difficult cover all possibilities. The one variable he couldn’t be sure of is just what the finder would do, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ricardo View Post

Yes, but consider that he had to figure that it might not be found in his lifetime. That and that it was his secret alone makes it difficult cover all possibilities. The one variable he couldn’t be sure of is just what the finder would do, IMO.
                        Since nobody likes my opinion I will give you the skinny anyway on the variable finder. This person is a mirror image of Forrest Fenn, a complete opposite, a loose cannon, that does not let outside influences influence their reaction and are very unpredictable in what they might do or how they will react from one minute to the next situation. The only thing predictable about them is their self-centeredness and their unpredictability.

Comment

Whos mutual? This is not mutual of omaha's wild kingdom
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de2TWo8NTCw
                          From the Things Go Wrong in the Woods file, and speaking of Marlin Perkins and Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, something we baby boomers grew up on, and since it’s February and there’s little to do with our Chase exuberance than to argue trivia amongst ourselves, here’s an anecdote from back in the day. I’m going to say it was 1976. Mmmm, I couldn’t drink legally in Utah so, yeah, I must have been 19. I was on a geophysical primacord crew working the Uintas and based out of Evanston, Wyo: 25 guys on snowshoes; 2 choppers; lots of explosives and testosterone; 6 4x4s; working 24 days on and 4 days off. After sleeping off a rare night of freedom I ran into Marlin in an Evanston motel parking lot. ‘Howya doin’. Our chopper pilots were 'Nam vets; Marlin’s were too. For anyone who understands men and military brotherhood, that’s a tight clan. Word got out that while Marlin’s crew were filming moose at lower elevation in the Uintas they had killed five bulls before the crew had gotten the tranquilizer dosage right.

For yourselves and others, be safe out there folks.

Comment

Working...
                          X