Things to Ponder...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to Ponder...

The poem was written to assist all searchers. In my mind, studying the clues is tantamount to using a road map to get from one place to another.

Why would he write the poem to "assist" and then write that, in his mind. "studying the clues" why not say unlocking the clues hmm.. is puzzling... suppose for instance that you unlock a clue and the answer to the clue is "big blue rock" instead of something like "dead end canyon" where one would be easy to find on a map but the other will take a little imagination or the book to pinpoint could this be what he means by studying the clues?? Studying the clues is -as serious as- using a road map so you don't take a wrong turn and get lost.

My approach to the poem, since I first learned of it, has been to study it in order to find and unlock the clues. I never planned to think of it as a flight to be exclusively filled with inside or outside loops.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
      My approach to the poem, since I first learned of it, has been to study it in order to find and unlock the clues. I never planned to think of it as a flight to be exclusively filled with inside or outside loops.
      This was also the way I was thinking at first but then thought.. what if it is braided in some abstract way...

Comment

It seems to me that if the answer is in the poem it has to be unscrambled or something. The obvious clues are so broad that by the time you look at every possible combination it seems impossible to be found. Imo of course lol

Comment

To fully understand a word and use it correctly, you need to know both its denotation (the standard definition) and its connotation (the feelings associated with it). If you aren't fully aware of a word's connotation, you may choose an inappropriate synonym in your writing, which can lead to confusion.

If f used the words in the poem correctly to "assist" the searcher then the connotations would be paramount in unlocking the clues. It's from f's perspective that we need to choose the correct path.
          IMOO.

Comment

Working...
          X