Almost Umbilically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost Umbilically

Almost : 1. very nearly but not exactly or entirely 2. very near but not quite
    Synonyms : about, all but, borderline, fairly, more or less, more, much, near, nearly, next to, nigh, practically, somewhere, virtually, well-nigh
    Umbilical : extremely close
    Synonyms : omphalic
    If you ask me this sounds like the searcher is within 12 feet. So why don't they retrieve it? How about those synonyms for almost? Borderline, nigh.

I would say it’s the weather conditions, this person probably knows it’s them and is just waiting for warmer weather

Comment

Originally posted by IllinoisGhost View Post
      I would say it’s the weather conditions, this person probably knows it’s them and is just waiting for warmer weather
      If that is me then BOOM. YES.
      Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Originally posted by lingerlonger
        Scrapbook One Hundred Forty Nine…
        scrapbook

NOVEMBER 2015

A Memory Runs Through My Family

Lightning struck me today in the form of an email from someone I never met and do not know. But the history of our respective families is so entwined as to be almost umbilical.
        Good find. This demonstrates that he likes to use the word to indicate "tied together in spirit". It's another indication of how special the place is to him and how much he liked being there.

Comment

Tragic Twin Theory? x
          The man said it himself...
          'Leave my TROLLS for all to seek'
          19.25 on
          https://youtu.be/8RzrIu3hMec?t=1165
          'So hear me all and listen good' *panic* Yurt effort?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveandhisdogBillie View Post
            Synonyms : about, all but, borderline, fairly, more or less, more, much, near, nearly, next to, nigh, practically, somewhere, virtually, well-nigh
            If you ask me this sounds like the searcher is within 12 feet. So why don't they retrieve it? How about those synonyms for almost? Borderline, nigh.

Using a dictionary will get you nowhere in this chase.

Comment

Originally posted by IllinoisGhost View Post
              I dont mind cold. I paid to play in below zero today. The snow accumulation is an issue however, so it's going to be a couple of months until I am able to get the treasure.
              Last edited by OreDigger; 02-10-2019, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OreDigger View Post

Using a dictionary will get you nowhere in this chase.
                Yea, because each and every one of us knows exactly what each and every word in the poem means.
                That silly old man was probably just pulling our leg with the many, many, many times he has emphasized the importance of knowing the meanings of words.
                I can't tell you more. It's a matter of national security.

Comment

Originally posted by OreDigger View Post

I dont mind cold. I paid to play in below zero today. The snow accumulation is an issue however, so it's going to be a couple of months until I am able to get the treasure.
                  Did you happen to run into GuyFromDenver out there on the slopes today ?
                  He was headed out about 9ish this morning …

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

Go back into your hole RT. You appear to be mad at the world.

Regards,

ws

Comment

Originally posted by waveseeker View Post

Go back into your hole RT. You appear to be mad at the world.

Regards,

ws
                      MAD, you say ?
                      I think its hilarious !
                      Try to keep up, ws.

Comment

I don't want to feel this overwhelming hostility.
                        "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

Yea, because each and every one of us knows exactly what each and every word in the poem means.
                          That silly old man was probably just pulling our leg with the many, many, many times he has emphasized the importance of knowing the meanings of words.
                          Yep, and so he was pulling our legs when he said he makes up his is own meanings too.
                          Last edited by OreDigger; 02-10-2019, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Don't ski in Colorado. I have the best skiing in the world in my backyard of Utah.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveandhisdogBillie View Post

Back to what I was saying about the dictionary. Attached is a link to an interview with Fenn (ALWAYS check your references with any Fenn quote. There are a lot of fake quotes out there. Video interviews are very reliable). The video is fairly short, so please take a moment to watch it all. At about 1:40 into the video Fenn explains what he thinks about dictionaries. He says that they retard free speach. He pretty much feels the same way about the rules of grammar, and he makes this point very clear in the video as well. I do not think that Fenn could be more clear on this point then he is in this video taped interview: he makes up his own words, definitions and rules of grammar. This is the reason why I said earlier and I will say again now, using a dictionary will get you nowhere in the chase. Dictionaries lie. They tell you what some editor wants a word to mean and not what you mean by a word. Fenn checks the dictionary to be sure that his word is not in a dictionary. Instead of citing chapter and verse from Webster, read into Fenns words what you think that he means by what he says. Many searchers will tell you that Forrest Fenn says one thing when he means another. If you stick to the literal definition of the words in the poem you are crippling your search.

Let me know what you think.

https://vimeo.com/69894821
                              Last edited by OreDigger; 02-10-2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X