6 answers seemed like Forrest was bummed out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1Trailblazer View Post
    If his phone was on by mistake and he realized it after the fact. Delete and shut up. What’s wrong with that. If was an accident, it should have been left as his accident and not made it to public forum. He is a utuber and need more thumbs ups, that’s what it’s about. Look at me, I hang out with Forrest Fenn. Whoop de do.
    Have you ever heard of the lock on your phone, it prevents butt dials and all others you mention. Maybe Jason needs to learn more about the technical use of his phone, aye. You could learn to so people don’t have to listen to you fart.
    Maybe you should take all of that up with Jason.
    As I said earlier, I've remained neutral on the matter.
    The only reason I'm even a participant in this discussion is because you threw my name into the mix.
    Otherwise, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
    And furthermore, my phone was not involved in the incident so I don't see why I should "learn" to lock it.

YOU gave an opinion expressing that you felt I did something due to something that someone else did.
    I exercised my right to clarify that the incident had nothing to do with my actions.
    You took offense that I spoke for myself ?
    smh.
    I'm not one to mince words. If I have something to say, I say it.
    If I had found the recording offensive, I most certainly would have said so.
    Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 02-11-2019, 12:46 AM.
    If a person will Think, they can find the chest.
    But the secret is to think, and analyze … they can find the chest. ff

Comment

I'm sure on one side of the coin Forrest is disappointed the Chase is coming to an end. However, I'm sure there is also a great deal of relief since tragedy has come to those who were not wise. I also feel there is opportunity for Forrest to still influence his legacy and assist the finder in establishing a foundation to that end. There is an opportunity for a Forrest Fenn Foundation to create scholarship opportunities, charitable opportunities and the ability to influence conservation efforts. In all, the legacy will be a good thing and will inspire future generations. However, if the finder keeps the location secret, there is still the opportunity the chase could continue in 30-40 years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
        I'm sure on one side of the coin Forrest is disappointed the Chase is coming to an end. However, I'm sure there is also a great deal of relief since tragedy has come to those who were not wise. I also feel there is opportunity for Forrest to still influence his legacy and assist the finder in establishing a foundation to that end. There is an opportunity for a Forrest Fenn Foundation to create scholarship opportunities, charitable opportunities and the ability to influence conservation efforts. In all, the legacy will be a good thing and will inspire future generations. However, if the finder keeps the location secret, there is still the opportunity the chase could continue in 30-40 years from now.
        Forrest has stated both verbally and on his web site that if the eventual finder keeps the discovery secret, he may never know. Why is it so hard to think that this has not already happened? Forrest said that it’s still there but he can only base that belief on the fact that he hasn’t been informed. If the finder doesn’t give us closure, the chase may live on indefinitely and eventually become another treasure myth.
        The benefits of a continuous (fruitless) adventure is offset by time, cost, and RISK. Much has been invested by many. They deserve closure.

Comment

Originally posted by ricardo View Post

Forrest has stated both verbally and on his web site that if the eventual finder keeps the discovery secret, he may never know. Why is it so hard to think that this has not already happened? Forrest said that it’s still there but he can only base that belief on the fact that he hasn’t been informed. If the finder doesn’t give us closure, the chase may live on indefinitely and eventually become another treasure myth.
          The benefits of a continuous (fruitless) adventure is offset by time, cost, and RISK. Much has been invested by many. They deserve closure.
          Look at it this way- Elvis Presley, during the Aloha from Hawaii concert tossed his small studded cape into the audience and for years after his death his benefactors asked and even offered a rewards for it's return to Graceland for display. The person that had it cherished it to their dying day. Then after they passed that persons relatives found it and graciously returned it to Graceland and the mystery was put to an end. This instance of course is not a huge treasure, but at sometime the story would get out. Two people can keep a secret if....

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
            It looks like someone is very disappointed that so much progress in solving the poem has happened so promptly. On the other hand, FF has said that he didn't want to do something for more than 15
            years. He can still be revered/respected/idolized for a long time, though. More so than the finder who is likely to be clever but not as ambitious and nice as FF.
            Hmm... brings up something I thought about; whether the finder would be as clever. My guess is that the finder is not going to be like some inheritor that just spends money away, but the finder brings their own mind and ambition into it and generates more money. I am quite sure the solver/finder is at least on the same level with Forrest. Imagine the solver of this thing becoming president. . I know, I know, who the hell needs more candidates? But this one person could march into senate or the house with every single career politician knowing who is the brains around there. Do not undersell the solver - at all.
            Think about the TYPE of brain the solver would have: abstract. I'd just be happy if they could elect a typical analytical-minded scientist. It'll be many years before they elect an abstract-minded thinker. This is because the high-minded often get blocked by the gates of mediocrity.
            Last edited by 5-leaf Blaze; 02-11-2019, 12:51 PM.
            Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

"blocked by the gates of mediocrity" I like that. The phrase that is not what happens to them.

Last edited by Imsunbuddynow; 02-11-2019, 01:36 PM.

Comment

He is 88 years old and probably tired, he likely just wants to take it easy now.
                I am sure he doesn't appreciate the drama though, would you?

"But like I said, if I’d known that was going to happen, if I’d known one person was going to die, of course I wouldn’t have hidden it.”

Comment

Originally posted by 1Trailblazer View Post
                  He got an email prior to Feb 04. He knows it’s over.
                  Crap I haven't emailed him in 6 months
                  I'll put my BOTG plans on hold then. Seems like a lot of the Chasers that have been in this a while seems to think it's been solved. It ain't over yet they better beat me to the pie in the sky. Early April I hope. Knowing my luck it'll be found this weekend. SMH FML.
                  good luck everyone.

Comment

My two sense: IMO FF will know when the TC is retrieved and he does know it will be retrieved this year. My guess is he is not only tired but he also gave all the hints necessary to solve the riddle. This combination made him switch off the computer! Add some hysteric cries in some of the blogs and I can understand his decision!

Comment

Working...
                    X