6 answers seemed like Forrest was bummed out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 answers seemed like Forrest was bummed out

I did not overly analyze it, but he just seemed ho-hum and done with it all. Maybe it seems that way to me due to the lack of new excitement and lack of a next Q&A. Very understandable, too, for all the other crazy occurences he has encountered in the 9? Years.
    Being the potential finder, I just hope it wasn't because of my politics. Not that I am trying to trigger people * I make no claims on finding/solving * & maybe most of us hear ourselves in his answers. I am presuming anyone that feels they have a solve on the strong side of the force has sent him something already, on that.
    Maybe he isn't liking the potential finder. If that were true & it were me, it's the story of my life LMAO. Especially for anyone expecting any form of traditional outcome. I am wondering how big a target gets drawn on the finder's back & if Forrest is (rightly so) wanting to back away from that. Pretty wild, man. These are some of the feelings I get. Call it crazy, no problem.
    Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

The responses did seem pretty sober to me, but I think it was more strategic than emotional. He's always been sensitive to the mood of searchers, and I think he's trying to prepare people for what will likely be a disappointment to some of the most dedicated if and when the TC is found. It's a time for reflection - for us and for him.

Forrest doesn't strike me as the type of person to judge people on their politics, though I could certainly be wrong. I'm a good judge of character, but I have to actually meet someone for that to work and I haven't met Forrest. Still, just look at the people he calls friends, and you'll notice one thing they all have in common: they're all different.

I suspect one big reason for his low-key tone has to do with continuous drama in the community. It's nonstop. I can only imagine how he must feel to have created this huge, wonderful thing and brought all of these people together in a common aim only to get burned everytime he reaches out.

There may be more to it, but I'm still thinking.
    "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

I think the last straw could have been being tape recorded in his own home without his consent. If I was a nice old man that placed millions in the woods and nice enough to allow utubers, twitterers and facebookers into my humble abode and then was recorded within my own home without a statement of “ Forrest you are being recorded, for quality assurance.”
      I wasn’t there, so I don’t know the prior conversation that went on, if any, prior to the recording.
      I sure wasn’t happy with the outcome. Neither was RT in my opinion. He left around the same time period of the deception.

Comment

He got an email prior to Feb 04. He knows it’s over.

Comment

But I am politically REALLY LOUD. If he got curious and went looking under my real name what's said, back when I sent him my blaze theory in Summer 2016... he would probably think "I don't relate with nor want to meet with this person." But you are right Antigroove, I think Forrest can handle all types. I guess it is weird to type all this as it relates to me. I almost didn't post this.
          Questing song: Iron Maiden's "Quest for Fire" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ppwIZ0EnXg

Comment

Yea he said he wasn’t going to say anymore after November 2017, and he did. We will see this time, pretty sure he’s done, well with the first part anyway.
            Good luck all

Comment

Frankly, I'd be embarrassed a bit to have been able to find this place based on my 2016 solve, went all those wrong places trying to interpret the end part of it, and then had this recent failed attempt to the correct area due to snow. If indeed I am not the LS, I sure can relate to that idiot! Yeah folks, I am 100% on someone's recent failed attempt(s) to the right place. I would love to one day hear Forrest's pen on this person. What comedy he could throw into that. I think the title would be "in His Own Way."

Comment

Originally posted by 1Trailblazer View Post
                I think the last straw could have been being tape recorded in his own home without his consent. If I was a nice old man that placed millions in the woods and nice enough to allow utubers, twitterers and facebookers into my humble abode and then was recorded within my own home without a statement of “ Forrest you are being recorded, for quality assurance.”
                I wasn’t there, so I don’t know the prior conversation that went on, if any, prior to the recording.
                I sure wasn’t happy with the outcome. Neither was RT in my opinion. He left around the same time period of the deception.
                Just to clear things up a bit …
                The incident you speak of had absolutely nothing to do with me taking a leave of absence.
                I wasn't there, and I've tried to maintain a neutral position in the matter because there are folks on both sides of the issue who have my respect.

On a side note, I am at that point in life where people have to talk extremely loud most of the time in order for me to hear them.
                I don't feel they are abusing me in any way by doing so.

Nothing about that recording caused me to believe there was any abuse going on.
                And if I'm not mistaken, the phone belonged to Jason ?
                And was actually in Jason's pocket at the time of the recording ?
                And further, if I recall correctly, neither Jason or Kpro, realized that the phone was still recording at the time?
                Therefore, I don't see how anyone could describe it as deception.

I think the whole incident was blown out of proportion.
                " It will be discovered by someone who has read the clues successfully." ff

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

And further, if I recall correctly, neither Jason or Kpro, realized that the phone was still recording at the time?
                  What you smoking or injecting?

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenreal View Post

What you smoking or injecting?
                    I'm pretty sure that was what was relayed to us by the parties involved.
                    Do you have something that proves that wasn't the case ?

Comment

Originally posted by ROLL TIDE View Post

I'm pretty sure that was what was relayed to us by the parties involved.
                      Do you have something that proves that wasn't the case ?
                      Affirmative. Common Sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenreal View Post

Affirmative. Common Sense.
                        Common sense reminds me of the hundreds of times I have butt-dialed random numbers, the numerous times I have taken pictures of the inside of my pocket, the many times I have put the phone in my pocket without hanging up, and the several times I've heard voices when no one else is around, only to realize that it's coming from my pocket.
                        Therefore, I'll give those involved the benefit of the doubt, as I have no means to prove otherwise.

Comment

If his phone was on by mistake and he realized it after the fact. Delete and shut up. What’s wrong with that. If was an accident, it should have been left as his accident and not made it to public forum. He is a utuber and need more thumbs ups, that’s what it’s about. Look at me, I hang out with Forrest Fenn. Whoop de do.
                          Have you ever heard of the lock on your phone, it prevents butt dials and all others you mention. Maybe Jason needs to learn more about the technical use of his phone, aye. You could learn to so people don’t have to listen to you fart.

Comment

It looks like someone is very disappointed that so much progress in solving the poem has happened so promptly. On the other hand, FF has said that he didn't want to do something for more than 15
                            years. He can still be revered/respected/idolized for a long time, though. More so than the finder who is likely to be clever but not as ambitious and nice as FF.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Trailblazer View Post
                              If his phone was on by mistake and he realized it after the fact. Delete and shut up. What’s wrong with that. If was an accident, it should have been left as his accident and not made it to public forum. He is a utuber and need more thumbs ups, that’s what it’s about. Look at me, I hang out with Forrest Fenn. Whoop de do.
                              Have you ever heard of the lock on your phone, it prevents butt dials and all others you mention. Maybe Jason needs to learn more about the technical use of his phone, aye. You could learn to so people don’t have to listen to you fart.
                              Maybe you should take all of that up with Jason.
                              As I said earlier, I've remained neutral on the matter.
                              The only reason I'm even a participant in this discussion is because you threw my name into the mix.
                              Otherwise, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.
                              And furthermore, my phone was not involved in the incident so I don't see why I should "learn" to lock it.

YOU gave an opinion expressing that you felt I did something due to something that someone else did.
                              I exercised my right to clarify that the incident had nothing to do with my actions.
                              You took offense that I spoke for myself ?
                              smh.
                              I'm not one to mince words. If I have something to say, I say it.
                              If I had found the recording offensive, I most certainly would have said so.
                              Last edited by ROLL TIDE; 02-10-2019, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X