Opt out for Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opt out for Ads

I am considering an opt out option for ads due to a search request. None of the other search sites or forums offer the opt out, but I am looking into it and there is the possibility of making it happen, so why not - if this is something others want! But hadn’t thought about this, so like normal, I want your opinion!

IF (and only if) I go that route, would the community like it based on the following (meaning you can opt out if........)
    You pay a small amount ($2 a month, so $12 for 6 months)
    6.67%
    You have a high number of posts (like 500 posts you get the opt out)
    0%
    Both of these options
    33.33%
    Other.....
    26.67%
    No opt out option should be offered
    33.33%
    “I would rather be a little nobody than an evil somebody” Abhraham Lincoln

I don’t post that much so wouldn’t expect to earn an opt out, am too broke at the moment to pay to opt out and quite honestly don’t mind the ads as I feel you ought to be able to generate some revenue to help pay for this site. So in summary I’m simply grateful. Thank you for providing a great place to dwell.

Comment

If the opt-out fee is reasonable, I have no issue paying it to eliminate the ads....better would be free, but I'd pay to remove them, you're not going to earn any revenue from me from clicking away anyway, so might as well eliminate them and let me pay a small fee to eliminate them. In one of the forums my husband is a member (elsewhere obviously), they offer 'premium membership' to the forum for $20 a year...I think that's reasonable.

Comment

Blabbing for free
        is good for me.

Comment

Otherwise I gotta go to the park and feed the pigeons.
          You guys only poop on me occasionally....

Comment

This add-on app is free (They do take donations tho), I have used it for almost two years. No more banners, ads or pop-ups on any of the sites I visit.
            Do you have the Big Banner Ad near the top of Internet Explorer? No more with this add-on.
            They also have a mobile app but I have not used it.

Adblock Plus by eyeo GmbH

Also, everyone who likes their privacy should have goggle apply this setting, web search for the following: advertising cookie opt-out Google.

Apply the setting, then check that it is applied by going to/open that little gear wheel icon in the upper right corner, click on "add-ons", you should see the "Goggle opt-out" listed.
            Last edited by Poe2; 02-06-2019, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I hadn't seen any adds I liked, but I not paying to much attention. The only time I hate it is when they ask me about cookies and stuff. I politely tell them I am not hungry, but they always come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Poe2 View Post
                This add-on app is free (They do take donations tho), I have used it for almost two years. No more banners, ads or pop-ups on any of the sites I visit.
                Do you have the Big Banner Ad near the top of Internet Explorer? No more with this add-on.
                They also have a mobile app but I have not used it.

Adblock Plus by eyeo GmbH

Also, everyone who likes their privacy should have goggle apply this setting, web search for the following: advertising cookie opt-out Google.

Apply the setting, then check that it is applied by going to/open that little gear wheel icon in the upper right corner, click on "add-ons", you should see the Goggle opt-out" listed.
                Wow,
                Great information! Thanks!
                Where is the button to block the annoying THOR member? (people might feel the need to hide my opinions) LOL
                Last edited by Coinaster; 02-06-2019, 04:57 PM.

Comment

There it is again - nine posts to the page....six ads - one at the top, then one at the bottom of damp's post, my post above, Trailblazer's first post, Poe's post, and Coin's.....taking screenshots is a PITA - I'd have to send you four of them to show the ads in succession since I have to scroll through the page from top to bottom....they're there though.

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post
                    There it is again - nine posts to the page....six ads - one at the top, then one at the bottom of damp's post, my post above, Trailblazer's first post, Poe's post, and Coin's.....taking screenshots is a PITA - I'd have to send you four of them to show the ads in succession since I have to scroll through the page from top to bottom....they're there though.
                    Another user is having the same issue and sent me a screen shot! Wow, working on a fix, sorry about that.

Comment

And on the poll, another WOW, can we agree on anything?

Comment

Originally posted by lingerlonger
                        Will the finder let you keep it up after retrieval?

Have you talked to him about any of your ponzi schemes?

idk if I would keep that faith. Sry.
                        No schemes here, explain or be on your way.... which will be like how many times?

Comment

Do the adds pay for all the website maintenance or is it volunteers? At some point it's unsustainable without funding. I think you have to keep the ads cause most folks won't pay for an annual membership. Damed if you do damned if you don't.
                          i don't mind paying a site fee for good service - it's usually worth every penny.
                          Last edited by John Smith; 02-07-2019, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Ain't nothing free in life kids. The admins aren't getting rich off if this, and frankly I would have had the ads all along.

Comment

I definitely wouldn't change the content because of one searcher - that is their problem to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                              X