Is it Fair?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imsunbuddynow View Post
    That Sir is just not going to happen and nobody is going to throw in any gas money for something so impossiable.
    Maybe he tries to put off the lead searcher because Fenn corp is going gang busters. Maybe he will decide who and when ( if ever ) it is found. Best not to be starry eyed about long shots. I myself went in debt at the cost of my family and spent 2 years income on what could very well be a enterprise. Once burnt, twice shy. Beneficial mutual agreement from F, well if he does do that with searchers, I would be surprized.

Comment

Until the chest is found, the Chase is only a fantasy for every searcher.

As humans, I think it is completely normal that many of us have some kind of intrinsic need to have dreams and desires.

Dreams and desires are different from goals.

Goals are reasonably achievable through dedication and hard work.

Dreams are way beyond goals in that they are unlikely ever to be achieved through dedication and hard work. They are the fantasy of greener pastures that can probably never be reached in this life.

I have always had a streak of Walter Mitty type dreams where I dream of being a rock star despite the fact I can't sing or play a musical instrument. I have dreamed of being a pilot despite being blind in one eye. I have dreamed of being a rich playboy despite not being rich or good looking. Now I dream that I am the eventual finder of the chest and returning it completely intact to Forrest Fenn and hoping he would offer a reward for its safe return. I think dreams are healthy as long as we don't mistake the fantasy of dreams with the stark cold reality of how things really are.

Dreams and fantasies are an escape from reality, not a substitute for it.

It is interesting that when Molly Hatchet performed their cover of the Almond Brother's "Dreams I'll Never See" live, they immediately followed it with their "Flirting With Disaster" song. That epitomizes the cautionary tale of the Chase to me in that one must enter participation in the Chase cautiously and conservatively to avoid or at least minimize many potential serious pitfalls and negative impacts it can have one's personal life.

Enjoy this flashback to my adolescent years:

Comment

If you think he is talking to you, you might be slightly mad

Comment

Anythings possible. Def Leppard's drummer carried on with only one arm and his band mates did not replace him after his car accident.
          https://youtu.be/BSPy6rFLyxQ?t=241
          Check out Rick Allen.
          Last edited by trytofindme; 02-06-2019, 12:25 PM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL1JyDTq3Qc

What would you do...........

Comment

Will go once the snow is down to three feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaienerakowa View Post

Maybe he tries to put off the lead searcher because Fenn corp is going gang busters. Maybe he will decide who and when ( if ever ) it is found. Best not to be starry eyed about long shots. I myself went in debt at the cost of my family and spent 2 years income on what could very well be a enterprise. Once burnt, twice shy. Beneficial mutual agreement from F, well if he does do that with searchers, I would be surprized.
                To everything there is a season

Comment

Hey OH!!
                  Did you lose an omega? Or Is this your alter ego?

Comment

never heard of joe cocker until he sang with Jennifer Warrnes. for the soundtrack of An Officer and a Gentleman. So in 1982, the girl that I had a crush on since third grade was single again after a breakup with her boyfriend. I washed up the 1980 two tone pickup and vacuumed the interior in anticipation of a movie date on Saturday. With dads best aftershave and a new pair of levi 501's and the best polo shirt I could find I picked up my date and headed down Santa Fe to the Fox movie theatre. We bought some popcorn and a couple of doctor peppers and headed to the balcony. What a better movie to swoon a young lady into your arms?
                    https://youtu.be/bjrOcrisGyI
                    Last edited by trytofindme; 02-06-2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

I liked both of those movies, they are coming out with a Top Gun II soon..I am sure it won't be as good as the first one though.

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
                        Let's say the lead searcher figured out how to communicate with Forrest and would email Forrest on various topics. Forrest would never email back the lead searcher but would make public postings, comments, articles, six questions, etc. In those public postings would be words that are key. Regardless of any coded communications the lead searcher had been fixed on their solve location but was still working out the exact science and decoding of the clues. Would this be an unfair advantage? Would people be upset feeling the lead searcher had an unfair advantage? In essence might people view it as a game of colder/warmer? But, what if only one public clue is what actually tipped off the lead searcher. A clue that contained no coded key words? So, when the searcher responded to Forrest giving his code word hints he now knows where it is, Forrest responded publicly to basically indicate you got me.

Regardless of this communication, the lead searcher was still going back to their solve location and was going to look in the exact 10x10x6 location he felt it had to be. The only thing the communication did was make him smile. There is still the opportunity someone else could beat the lead searcher to the spot since many of these same clues are now more publicly visible. Some of these clues published are now a glaring spotlight on the area but not the hidey spot. However, once people know what the area is, they will go right to the hidey spot. From there, they will have to figure out the clues in short order to find the true location.

The clock is now ticking and the lead searcher had better hurry before others zoom in on the area and figure out the rest of the clues.
                        Clock has been ticking for more then a year for me. My last BOTG was 16 months ago and after that I took a break. I mean I didn't look or check anything. I was OUT! I,m still on the fence and will have a look around and see what turns up for a week or so. F doesn't give clues, but he does give confirmations in everything he writes. That's what I read anyway. I think f wants the finder to deserve the prize. he would be very disappointed if the finder found it with out doing the work. Kinda misses the whole point and bad press besides. He needs the finder to be a kindred spirit. Perhaps the clock is ticking for F.

Comment

Clock has been ticking for more then a year for me. My last BOTG was 16 months ago and after that I took a break. I mean I didn't look or check anything. I was OUT! I,m still on the fence and will have a look around and see what turns up for a week or so. F doesn't give clues, but he does give confirmations in everything he writes. That's what I read anyway. I think f wants the finder to deserve the prize. he would be very disappointed if the finder found it with out doing the work. Kinda misses the whole point and bad press besides. He needs the finder to be a kindred spirit. Perhaps the clock is ticking for F.
                          Upside down and inside out

Comment

Mr Miragi say go before catch fly - fight soon but not ready - cannot do Crane

Comment

Well if it was all communicated publically. . I see no
                              problem with it. Think we shouldn't jump to
                              conclusions and take it easy while he enjoys his
                              retirement..

Comment

Originally posted by Homer

How do you change your name on here? I wouldn't mind changing my name so it matches my second name pick that I use on HoD.

Though if I could I might just see if I can change that name to Homer. The Simpsons really do have a picture for every possible meme I could think up.
                                PM me, I can take care of it. I only ask for your WWWH and $49.95. Doh!
                                “I would rather be a little nobody than an evil somebody” Abhraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X