Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Six Questions with Forrest Fenn - Thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Six Questions with Forrest Fenn - Thoughts?

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on the last six questions. Anyone read anything into his responses?

He’s tired and I feel bad for ever bugging him. I don’t think there were any hints, just a farewell.

Comment

I think he kept it just vague enuff to try and not tip any scales... although I did enjoy the flight response about being lucky enuff to find a runway both times.

Comment

Maybe Peggy was getting tired of the traffic at the house?
        Cmon, do ya blame her, even at my age when the doorbell rings, I’m hoping it’s only a good history book I ordered.
        I would have bailed years ago, especially dealing with people like me...... treasure hunters/ dreamers and what nots.

Comment

I think it's almost over..
          "If you think it could not have been put there, your probably right. f " https://youtu.be/St6jyEFe5WM

Comment

Question 5, flying 200 feet above ground, seems searchers have been within 200 feet in elevation, not botg distance. You may disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
              Question 5, flying 200 feet above ground, seems searchers have been within 200 feet in elevation, not botg distance. You may disagree.
              Flying 200 feet above the ground in the rockies should only be done while taking off or landing.

Comment

Originally posted by JChere View Post
                I think he kept it just vague enuff to try and not tip any scales... although I did enjoy the flight response about being lucky enuff to find a runway both times.
                kinda sounds like this
                https://youtu.be/qqgLMclzLWs

Comment

Originally posted by IllinoisGhost View Post

kinda sounds like this
                  https://youtu.be/qqgLMclzLWs
                  I met this guy - he was sitting next to Morpheus

Comment

200 feet is a good helicopter elevation. Renelle could tell ya. But God rest her soul, she can’t. But a great story by Fenn either way. Both of their hearts together created a beautiful morning rainbow and a smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Copper View Post
                      He’s tired and I feel bad for ever bugging him. I don’t think there were any hints, just a farewell.
                      Here here I wish I could take back ALL the emails I have sent, queue Homer Simpson "D'oh".

Comment

Originally posted by The eventual finder View Post
                        Here here I wish I could take back ALL the emails I have sent, queue Homer Simpson "D'oh".
                        If only email technology came with a way to filter out unwanted emails.
                        "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Llesbob View Post

Flying 200 feet above the ground in the rockies should only be done while taking off or landing.
                          Unless you are a fighter pilot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INcWJYFvSkQ

Comment

Originally posted by 1Trailblazer View Post
                            200 feet is a good helicopter elevation. Renelle could tell ya. But God rest her soul, she can’t. But a great story by Fenn either way. Both of their hearts together created a beautiful morning rainbow and a smile.
                            Yes, it is a good helicopter elevation, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
                              Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on the last six questions. Anyone read anything into his responses?
                              Here are my thoughts:

"Seven is a perfect number." - July is the seventh month.

"The only changes to that site today are those that nature has made." - Some Searchers have said they've moved the blaze or, as we've seen, dug large holes. Those Searchers are not in the right area

"I am almost umbilically attached to the spot," - Gut feeling and, perhaps, something more

"Do you feel the conditions have been harsh or kind?" - No answer given to this question

"I hid it more than 8 years ago"
                              "I hid it more than 8 years ago" - Stated twice. Affirmation or assertion that the chest is hidden (not buried)

"fond memories - A standout... My favorite...headed alone...into the teeth of the Rockies...knowing, caring...fortunate to find runways to land on."

"I want to thank those of you who make up the community of searchers. It would be nice to meet each of you personally and share a bottle of Grapette. But, alas, it is not to be. I have decided to drastically curtail my social activities related to the chase." - Most classic Forrest Fenn, as this is open to several very different interpretations. Imagination needed here.

"The number of emails that enter my inbox each day have become more than I can handle, so it is time for me to step back from my computer. I hope those to whom I cannot respond will blame my stamina, and not my heart." - See note above.

"I’m content...knowing..(July)... I’ll be enjoying much of my time playing with my little dog Willie and watching the seasons pass. (winter, spring, summer >>> July)

"Good luck and safe passage to...you"

As with the poem, it is my opinion that this final Six Questions segment is one where Forrest addresses all Searchers while also addressing one Hunter.

I'll have to think through this some more, of course, but It would seem I have several months to do so.

Regards,

O.

Comment

Working...
                              X