ID:	129892

Comment

• Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	B8B7D8E9-734E-4C03-8857-7A5E7F28DD6B.jpeg
Views:	240
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	129892
      this post is a total insult to anyone who has THOUGHT and worked at solving this riddle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross-Eyed Dottie View Post

this post is a total insult to anyone who has THOUGHT and worked at solving this riddle.
        I didn't take it that way. I feel the sometimes we can overthink things, especially with all these scrapbooks coming out. A lot for the brain to handle if reading everything logically. My heart may be foolish, but I feel it may lead me in a better direction than my mind and to figure out what this poem is really all about IMO.

Once I figure it all out, I'll let you all know....maybe

Moody

Comment

Originally posted by RoKi
          Rose Livingstone

The usual accepted belief ...

Brain = Logic
          Heart = Foolish

Please enlighten us Rose
          Actually, that photo was found online back when the dolls SB was new, and it was as you say- with labels switched. I've been thinking about it since then and finally photoshopped them correct. My mind is all over the place- I can think myself out of any tight spot, any puzzle, problem, dilemma, dichotomy, fantasy, or fiction. I can think myself another person, all of the people, an alien, magician, witch or AI. I can think and organize and read and learn till the cows come home, but am I able to remember all of it? No. How much could you fill in of say, a blank starmap or the periodic table? Are you even awake right now or are you dreaming? See? Chaos. Just DNA dictating which chemicals get turned into what proteins for various purposes- how much of this are we aware of as it's happening? Do we know which synapse root key is encoded in each memory or thought? If time isn't part of the equation can you explain plasticity?
          I didn't say that the brain isn't logical. Just all over the place- often in 33 directions at once. You know those grandmasters that play 20 chess sets/people all sitting in a circle? I bet they're wondering what kind of leftovers are in the fridge or where they're taking vacation next month. They probably couldn't recreate the games' current position from scratch, but they take mere seconds to view, analyze, strategize, contemplate the odds of that particular person figuring out the plan, and execute. Seconds. How? Chaos. Out of the trillions of possible games, they pick the 20 most likely to succeed.
          While emotions can sometimes be separated from pure logic (for example, I believe emotions can imprint on objects or places and then sensed by someone else later on), for the most part it can all be broken down into pure logic. Eventually. Anger into pain into the unprocessed memory of some silly thing you don't even remember you remember, but you're right that cashier Does look like that mean kid from 2nd grade. Jealousy into shame. Shame into an analysis of expectations. Sadness into, well, more sadness and then loneliness. Embarrassment comes from agreeing you're a dumba** somehow. Fear comes directly from the amygdala- for reptilian brain survival instinct is the most chaotic of them all. The ONLY emotion that is pure and cannot be broken down into anything else is Love. I try to live there, keep my heart there, in appreciation, admiration, gratitude. As long as my heart has that ONE thing, then I know the chaos will eventually, too, be broken down and come back to me- back to where I already am.
          Simple. Truth. Order. If that's foolish then I'm a fool standing first of the deck. Shrug. At least a Magician and a High Priestess have my back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post

I didn't take it that way. I feel the sometimes we can overthink things, especially with all these scrapbooks coming out. A lot for the brain to handle if reading everything logically. My heart may be foolish, but I feel it may lead me in a better direction than my mind and to figure out what this poem is really all about IMO.

Once I figure it all out, I'll let you all know....maybe

Moody
            do you think maybe who you are is a big part of the reason you don't take it that way?

Comment

• Brain/Heart - they need each other.
              If the heart quits pumping, then the brain gets deprived of oxygen and quits working.
              If the brain isn't working, then the heart gets out of sync and loses its beat.
              So whether or not they like each other, they have no choice but to learn to get along.
              If they don't, it's over.

Comment

• in short, sophistry. nothing to do with the matter at hand. i think that about says it all.

Comment

• With all this talk of traditions, religion, and peace in other threads I didn't think discourse on philosophy so irrelevant. I'm sorry if my picture of embroidered organs insulted you and your deep thinking. I've only been chasing this thrill for 19 mths or so; I know I'm far behind others when it comes to dedicated study.

Comment

do you think maybe who you are is a big part of the reason you don't take it that way?
                    Good, yet vague question and difficult to answer. Who am I? I'm not even sure myself sometimes. I wish I could figure that out. Just a chameleon that likes to change colors depending on my mood .

Comment

• Some great photography including Yellowstone National Park. Posted here as it also would make for some great source photos for memes:

https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/20...7tRGkKmR3MR8m8
                      All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
                      -Winston Churchill

Comment

• I'll just train my cat to bring home the gold~

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191126-061837_Google.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	432.0 KB
ID:	130156

lol
                        Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!
                        Righty-O!

Comment

• Gifts from a cat are usually weird and gross.
                          Last edited by Seabiscuit; 12-01-2019, 11:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	B8B7D8E9-734E-4C03-8857-7A5E7F28DD6B.jpeg Views:	159 Size:	107.6 KB ID:	129892
                            After further reflection, while I can't attribute 'Order' to the heart, perhaps we could strike a compromise on Conscience, Vision, & Treasures?
                            (and please pardon the darkness of the below; not a Confession of my own aortal murmurings. Just a Poe fan over here.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	TTH2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	22.2 KB ID:	130392Click image for larger version  Name:	TTH1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	272.8 KB ID:	130394Click image for larger version  Name:	TTH4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	130393
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	TTH5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	24.1 KB ID:	130395
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	TTH.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.7 KB ID:	130396
                            Last edited by Cross-Eyed Dottie; 11-28-2019, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	main_1200.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	130417

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	main_1200 (1).jpg
Views:	111
Size:	245.7 KB
ID:	130419