How does he know when it's found?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diggio

Disagree. Forrest has clearly stated what he included in the chest (except for one item) and he has repeatedly stated it's out there waiting. He considered it may not be found for 1000 years and he has no certainty of anything that far into the future. His certainty is only guaranteed by including the items in the chest.

If you trust him, there is no need to guess.
    Another certainly is that if I do need a key to open it I can also open it with a hack saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggio View Post

It's the "Pro" team searching for the treasure. They apparently contacted him on July 29th and received that reply. There are some really good articles posted on their site this year including what to do if you find it.

https://www.treasuretracer.com

Edited to add the link to their Sept 2018 video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yGG1j9K_r8
      I just read over this web site, and Fenn was as vague as usual, so I don't put much of anything into his answer. He said quite clearly that “The treasure is still where I hid it. There is no proxy item.” f

I do not doubt this. The treasure is exactly where he hid it. There is no proxy item there. It is a bronze chest loaded with valuables.....but what if the treasure isn't at the end of the poem and is at some other location where you are led to via a proxy located at the end of the poem? Fenn would still be telling the truth because the treasure is right where he left it, he just didn't leave it at the end of the poem, and there is no proxy where he left the treasure, but there is one at the end of the poem.

As usual Fenn didn't give a straight answer. He didn't lie at all. Yes, it is where he left it. He didn't say how you get to where he left it though!

Another Fenn quote to feed to the masses that does nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by WanderingLost View Post

I just read over this web site, and Fenn was as vague as usual, so I don't put much of anything into his answer. He said quite clearly that “The treasure is still where I hid it. There is no proxy item.” f

I do not doubt this. The treasure is exactly where he hid it. There is no proxy item there. It is a bronze chest loaded with valuables.....but what if the treasure isn't at the end of the poem and is at some other location where you are led to via a proxy located at the end of the poem? Fenn would still be telling the truth because the treasure is right where he left it, he just didn't leave it at the end of the poem, and there is no proxy where he left the treasure, but there is one at the end of the poem.

As usual Fenn didn't give a straight answer. He didn't lie at all. Yes, it is where he left it. He didn't say how you get to where he left it though!

Another Fenn quote to feed to the masses that does nothing.
        Well said.

Comment

I believe he knows when it has been found due to his time in radar mechanics school .he is able to tap into the information being relayed from a remote station whose sole purpose is transmitting information about precious and other metals on the mountain where it says .Heavy loads and waters high .wouldn't you know one of those exact sites is within 400 yards of my spot. Just an idea

Comment

Am I the only one who seems to think that FF uses the word "treasure" quite often, when one might think that "chest" or "gold" might be more appropriate? It makes me wonder whether in fact
            he hid a chest of gold at all (for us to find -- by solving the poem and hiking in the Rockies). But I'm not going to whine about this forever.

Comment

I try to believe the chest is hidden in a scenic place. But if it is. How could Forrest make it unavailable at anytime? And how would he know it's still there?

Comment

Depends on what the definition of "it" is.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunburnt View Post
                  I try to believe the chest is hidden in a scenic place. But if it is. How could Forrest make it unavailable at anytime? And how would he know it's still there?
                  Fenn and I agree that trails are meant to get you to places where you can leave the trail and find what others miss. Yellowstone is full of tourists, but they do not venture far in, and that is where the best of the beauty lies.

I believe that the place he put is it magnificent-to him at least. I know places that you can go and be the only person that has been there for years, and that's in the treasure area. He knows his own special places too.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                    Am I the only one who seems to think that FF uses the word "treasure" quite often, when one might think that "chest" or "gold" might be more appropriate? It makes me wonder whether in fact
                    he hid a chest of gold at all (for us to find -- by solving the poem and hiking in the Rockies). But I'm not going to whine about this forever.
                    At least I'm not the only fish to bite on that worm. I get the same feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggio View Post
                      Also found this on Treasure Tracer. Wouldn't "a" chest be a proxy item?

July 29, 2018 Lately, many are launching a new theory that a proxy item is what searchers will find. Would you care to clarify? Is a Bronze chest indeed what the successful searcher will find?

“The treasure is still where I hid it. There is no proxy item.” f
                      Thanks for that Diggio. I owe ya one!

Dal put to rest any question I might have along those lines.....over 5 years ago
                      https://dalneitzel.com/2013/03/01/ti.../#comment-2024

dal on March 2, 2013 at 4:45 pm said:
                      I was with Forrest when he was being interviewed by a reporter from Germany about the treasure chest and that topic actually came up. Someone suggested that the way Forrest would know if it had been found was probably because instead of the chest there was a big IOU in the actual location which you would then take to Forrest to collect the treasure. “No”..said Forrest. “I thought about doing that but what if the chest isn’t found for a hundred years? My IOU won’t be worth very much if I’m dead. That chest is out there and the person that follows the clues will find the chest and all it’s gold and gemstones and beautiful objects right there. Not a piece of paper.”

"That chest is out there and the person that follows the clues will find the chest and all it’s gold and gemstones and beautiful objects right there. Not a piece of paper.”

Now, you folks don't have to believe Dal, but I do, and for good reason!
                      Last edited by locolobo; 08-28-2018, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post

Thanks for that Diggio. I owe ya one!

Dal put to rest any question I might have along those lines.....over 5 years ago
                        https://dalneitzel.com/2013/03/01/ti.../#comment-2024

dal on March 2, 2013 at 4:45 pm said:
                        I was with Forrest when he was being interviewed by a reporter from Germany about the treasure chest and that topic actually came up. Someone suggested that the way Forrest would know if it had been found was probably because instead of the chest there was a big IOU in the actual location which you would then take to Forrest to collect the treasure. “No”..said Forrest. “I thought about doing that but what if the chest isn’t found for a hundred years? My IOU won’t be worth very much if I’m dead. That chest is out there and the person that follows the clues will find the chest and all it’s gold and gemstones and beautiful objects right there. Not a piece of paper.”

"That chest is out there and the person that follows the clues will find the chest and all it’s gold and gemstones and beautiful objects right there. Not a piece of paper.”

Now, you folks don't have to believe Dal, but I do, and for good reason!
                        I agree that the chest is right there, and there will be no IOU. That makes perfect sense. That is what you find at the end of a treasure map.

Fenn is consistent. When again presented with an opportunity to make it clear that the end where the treasure is is the same end that you will find when you with marvel gaze and tarry scant reach the chest, he was evasive.

I do not know the conclusion. I hope to find out personally. I hope the chest is right there in the vicinity of the blaze, but I will not be at all surprised to find that when you reach the end another step or two awaits you. At least that is what I would do if it was my treasure to hide.

Comment

Interpret the FF language very carefully. He's kinda sneeky that way.

Comment

Working...
                          X