Skippy's Genius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
    Old Pilot: I followed up with Dal on Skippy's accident. He said neither Forrest nor Crayton knew a great deal more than what Forrest mentioned in TTOTC about the mystery of Skippy's diving accident. Apparently it's not unusual in scuba diving accidents for the victim to still have his/her weight belt on -- 90% of victims died with their weight belt on, and 86% were alone when they died.
    Thank you for this info. I was trying to place some significance on the mention of "90 feet" -- but don't much need it, since a likely location of the hidey spot first crossed my mind. As always, part of my opinion.
    Last edited by Old Pilot; 06-09-2021, 12:34 AM.

Comment

I asked Forrest once if it was possible Skippy’s accident wasn’t an accident at all. He said “I don’t know.f”. So perhaps he questioned it as well.

Comment

Old Pilot: I followed up with Dal on Skippy's accident. He said neither Forrest nor Crayton knew a great deal more than what Forrest mentioned in TTOTC about the mystery of Skippy's diving accident. Apparently it's not unusual in scuba diving accidents for the victim to still have his/her weight belt on -- 90% of victims died with their weight belt on, and 86% were alone when they died.
        I may be wrong , but I thought you had replied to someone that YOU were a diver ? Might be thinking of someone else , if so please disregard .

Comment

Originally posted by Fenndery View Post

I may be wrong , but I thought you had replied to someone that YOU were a diver ? Might be thinking of someone else , if so please disregard .
          I've been a diver for 35 years (though only recreationally and infrequently), and so I wasn't aware of these particular fatality statistics until I looked them up. Frankly I was a bit surprised to discover how many people must scuba dive alone for such a high percentage of fatalities to be solo divers.

Comment

I've been a diver for 35 years (though only recreationally and infrequently), and so I wasn't aware of these particular fatality statistics until I looked them up. Frankly I was a bit surprised to discover how many people must scuba dive alone for such a high percentage of fatalities to be solo divers.
            Here's a sensible tip Zap. Always keep the boat keys on your person while diving. I was out with a mate once and he thought it funny to get back to the boat before me and take off. I was bobbing around for 30 mins in the middle of the ocean.

Comment

I posted this information on another THOR topic but wanted to share again this thought about Skippy. Someone who knew Forrest pretty well and has no reason to mislead said that after the chest was retrieve they asked Forrest who is was that had kept Forrest’s secret (two people can keep a secret if...) and According to this person, Forrest said “Skippy kept my secret”.

so that got me thinking in a last couple days that I may be worth focusing on the stories in TTOTC that are about Skippy. Maybe there is more to the Skippy stories in TTOTC than originally believed.

as an example, heavy loads:
              1. Airplane that can’t lift off from lake Hebgen
              2. I washing machine helicopter that’s again too heavy a load
              3. Picture of Skippy holding a boulder
              4. Skippy in 90 feet of water with his weights on.

something to consider, maybe?

Comment

I got you . I did not even think about recreational /infrequent diving. Durr Durrr on my part ...

That REALLY surprises me as well . I thought all/most divers always had a companion for safety protocols and/or procedures . I guess the high percentage through history tells us WHY it may not be as safe .

It leads me to question , which percentage of those single divers , were treasure hunters/seekers ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy View Post
                  I posted this information on another THOR topic but wanted to share again this thought about Skippy. Someone who knew Forrest pretty well and has no reason to mislead said that after the chest was retrieve they asked Forrest who is was that had kept Forrest’s secret (two people can keep a secret if...) and According to this person, Forrest said “Skippy kept my secret”.

so that got me thinking in a last couple days that I may be worth focusing on the stories in TTOTC that are about Skippy. Maybe there is more to the Skippy stories in TTOTC than originally believed.

You know , this is actually a great idea . I mean , you could even push it out a little more and maybe look at his stories to coincide with all his loved ones combined, to have each one represent an entire clue / or group of hints ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Eyes View Post

Here's a sensible tip Zap. Always keep the boat keys on your person while diving. I was out with a mate once and he thought it funny to get back to the boat before me and take off. I was bobbing around for 30 mins in the middle of the ocean.
                    Nice "friend"! A watery parallel to Skippy putt-putting away in Wyoming leaving Forrest at the side of the road.

Comment

I like the connections you came up with, Ozzy. Since you've done the "heavy lifting," let me add one more to your list: in Buffalo Cowboys, they loaded "Skippy's heavy boat-anchor rope in the car."

Comment

I like the connections you came up with, Ozzy. Since you've done the "heavy lifting," let me add one more to your list: in Buffalo Cowboys, they loaded "Skippy's heavy boat-anchor rope in the car."
                        Maybe Skippy really does hold the secret? This is where smarter people need to weigh in and understand the bigger picture/narrative of these connections. I will never figure it out. But, if there is a secret in TTOTC Skippy stories then I can only hope this helps in some small way. I am going to keep focus on the Skippy stories for a while and see what other connections can be be made.

Comment

Getting "weighted down" can just hold you back;
                          my advice - drop the weight......

Comment

2. Mt Washburn. I've liked it as a possible clue from F burning his hands washing dishes, as well as other likely confirmation biased reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by JEffjeFF View Post

2. Mt Washburn. I've liked it as a possible clue from F burning his hands washing dishes, as well as other likely confirmation biased reasons.
                              I like that one. I never made that connection. Very good. Should be vetted for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X