Skippy's Genius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skippy's Genius

It wasn’t a big deal because of who Skippy was and how he operated. Things like that were almost expected. I thought he was a genius. He may have invented ESP if he had lived long enough.

During the war my dad had a barn where we kept Bessie, our cow. Skippy was about 16 when he nailed a large, flat piece of tin to the wall and smeared it with cow manure to attract flies. He had an electrical gun that he plugged into the wall socket. When a fly landed on the tin Skippy would put the barrel of the gun about 10” from the fly and pull the trigger. A spark miraculously shot at the fly and killed it. It was like a mini lightning bolt that made a loud PSSSSTT sound. Most of the time he missed the fly and had to move the lightning over a little. There were so many flies it didn’t matter.

The electrical smell always started our adrenalin pumping and we played war. The flies were German paratroopers who were landing to steal American secrets.

It was great fun and after a couple of days the “General” stationed me by the gate to collect a nickel from each neighborhood kid who wanted to watch. For a dime they got to pull the trigger.

Skippy tried to explain his secret gun theory to me. He said it was “negative volts going to positive” or some such foolishness that I never understood. He said he was going to give his secret lightning gun invention to the Army to use against enemy soldiers. I remember asking him where the enemy would get cow manure. Life was tough in my lane. f

Haha! I've never seen this story before! MW Question posted on 06/08/2014 ~

No flies on that.
    Finding Jessica

Comment

Any thyme anyone mentions "flies," I'm all over it.
      This was an interesting read - again......

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Hartliep View Post
        It wasn’t a big deal because of who Skippy was and how he operated. Things like that were almost expected. I thought he was a genius. He may have invented ESP if he had lived long enough.

During the war my dad had a barn where we kept Bessie, our cow. Skippy was about 16 when he nailed a large, flat piece of tin to the wall and smeared it with cow manure to attract flies. He had an electrical gun that he plugged into the wall socket. When a fly landed on the tin Skippy would put the barrel of the gun about 10” from the fly and pull the trigger. A spark miraculously shot at the fly and killed it. It was like a mini lightning bolt that made a loud PSSSSTT sound. Most of the time he missed the fly and had to move the lightning over a little. There were so many flies it didn’t matter.

The electrical smell always started our adrenalin pumping and we played war. The flies were German paratroopers who were landing to steal American secrets.

It was great fun and after a couple of days the “General” stationed me by the gate to collect a nickel from each neighborhood kid who wanted to watch. For a dime they got to pull the trigger.

Skippy tried to explain his secret gun theory to me. He said it was “negative volts going to positive” or some such foolishness that I never understood. He said he was going to give his secret lightning gun invention to the Army to use against enemy soldiers. I remember asking him where the enemy would get cow manure. Life was tough in my lane. f

Haha! I've never seen this story before! MW Question posted on 06/08/2014 ~
        It’s in Fenn’s words...

Notice the words, “Operates”, “Secret”, “ESP”, “General”, etc...

He talks of military operations and secrets. He says the gun makes a, “PSSSSTT” sound. When do we make that sound or when have we seen someone in movies make that sound? When we’re trying to secretly get someone’s attention. Trying to be covert.

From my research, I sincerely believe Forrest was a man of MANY secrets. The chest and TTOTC was just his way of being able to covertly release or unburden himself from those secrets. There is WAY more to Forrest Fenn than just his treasure and I sincerely think he wanted people to know.

Comment

It's interesting to me because Forrest must obviously know how electrical charges work. His feigned ignorance here is a reference for Skippy's elevated "genius". On the other hand, I'm still not sure what to make of his explanation of the Coriolis effect to Lorene Mills in an old interview. He seems absolutely earnest even when claiming that it explains why ants circle a tree in a certain direction when climbing it. But then he says it's also behind the reason they drive on the opposite side of the road (in Australia) and that has got to mean he is pulling Lorene's, and our, leg. But watching how he does this, it becomes devastating to the idea that you could actually figure him out when he doesn't want you to. An absolute master of getting people to think whatever he wants them to. No wonder this search is so damn impossible, but most likely in reality so simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazingwaddles View Post
            It's interesting to me because Forrest must obviously know how electrical charges work. His feigned ignorance here is a reference for Skippy's elevated "genius". On the other hand, I'm still not sure what to make of his explanation of the Coriolis effect to Lorene Mills in an old interview. He seems absolutely earnest even when claiming that it explains why ants circle a tree in a certain direction when climbing it. But then he says it's also behind the reason they drive on the opposite side of the road (in Australia) and that has got to mean he is pulling Lorene's, and our, leg. But watching how he does this, it becomes devastating to the idea that you could actually figure him out when he doesn't want you to. An absolute master of getting people to think whatever he wants them to. No wonder this search is so damn impossible, but most likely in reality so simple.
            I believe the Coriolis effect he mentions is a hint to the path in the poem. Just my opinion, but when he says, “If you’ve BEEN wise...” I believe he is referencing counter clockwise, which also correlates to, “Drawing nigh” or to the left.
            Look at Forrest’s My Medicinal Mojo Necklace Scrapbook and his placement of beads and tools around the bead box on the olive monogrammed plate. He shows a path around the box in a counter clockwise circle that culminates at the end/completion of a medicine wheel necklace. Again, just my two cents...

Comment

Originally posted by FenndersKeepers View Post

It’s in Fenn’s words...

Notice the words, “Operates”, “Secret”, “ESP”, “General”, etc...

He talks of military operations and secrets. He says the gun makes a, “PSSSSTT” sound. When do we make that sound or when have we seen someone in movies make that sound? When we’re trying to secretly get someone’s attention. Trying to be covert.

From my research, I sincerely believe Forrest was a man of MANY secrets. The chest and TTOTC was just his way of being able to covertly release or unburden himself from those secrets. There is WAY more to Forrest Fenn than just his treasure and I sincerely think he wanted people to know.

Esv,intuition,gift,curse people are different. Good thing they only put a 2 percent number on that population or this world might have something great happened. Pay attention

Comment

I’m going to see if I can’t do what Forrest done which I don’t think any of us could teach one all that stuff but I’m going to snatch there asses up outta there pots to. Watch I’m going to raise more then the dead on this one

Comment

https://youtu.be/tHxBA-vgww4

Comment

Originally posted by Broken arrow View Post

Esv,intuition,gift,curse people are different. Good thing they only put a 2 percent number on that population or this world might have something great happened. Pay attention
                    LOL - you need to proof read what you right.
                    Proofing gives more provenance to your words and allows you to fix your mistakes.
                    Sew their, Period.

Comment

My granny always proofed her rolls and they came out purrfect....

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                        LOL - you need to proof read what you right.
                        Proofing gives more provenance to your words and allows you to fix your mistakes.
                        Sew their, Period.
                        I often talk to myself ! hahaha. Proof reading IS good, I agree.

Comment

you knead a few things first tho - like your reading glasses.....

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                            you knead a few things first tho - like your reading glasses.....
                            You may need reading glasses, but I don't, least not yet !

Comment

Originally posted by UNtitleD Brave View Post

You may need reading glasses, but I don't, least not yet !
                              I'm older than you and my eyes don't work so good anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X